Proposal

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

Amber watched the sun set into the ocean. The sky turned a different shade of colours, orange, red, pink and purple. It was a gorgeous sight to behold. She walked further toward the ocean. Her bare feet sunk into the soft and warm sand. It felt like she had the beach to herself. The atmosphere around her was quiet, albeit the sound of the crashing waves and the birds flying overhead. It gave her the sense of tranquility.

She felt a hand rested on the shoulder, which caused her to glance around to see a young man with the brightest smile on his face. His eyes sparkled with an unexplainable delight mixed with a hint of nervousness.

He turned her around to face him. With his right hand behind his back he took her left hand in his left one. He gazed into her eyes and she gazed back at him wondering what in the world her young boyfriend was doing.

He got down on one knee, but his action and the reason behind it still haven’t registered in her mind, “Se Hun?”

He smiled up at her. In his right hand he produced a silvery ring with one beautiful solitary tear drop shape diamond set into it, “I think I can’t be without you, I love you, stay with me until death.”

Amber stood there with agape. Slowly the event that was transpiring in front of her was finally registering into her mind.

“Amber Josephine Liu,” Amber’s heart was pounding so loudly that she thought she heard what he said next incorrectly. “Will you marry me?”

“What?”

“Will you marry me and stay with me until death?”

A broad smiled escaped from her lips. She dropped down to her knees and brought Se Hun into her embrace, “Yes! Yes! Yes!” She replied excitedly.

Se Hun chuckled lightly at her action. He was able to pry himself from his girlfriend – correct that fiancé – long enough to placed the ring on her left ring finger.

They happily gazed into each other eyes. Within the embrace of each other, they shared their first kiss as fiancé.