TRUTH SET YOU FREE

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

Seoul, South Korea – Year 2021

The chatters of the press in the next room was deafening to her already sensitive nerves. She knew that she shouldn’t peak into the press room, but her curiosity got the best of her. She should have trust her first instinct and stayed in the holding room, but no, she rather come to see how many press had shows up to this event. The sight of them unnerved her.

She couldn’t understand the reason for their companies to hold such a huge press conference. They could have just release a statement to the press. An easier process for everyone that is involves. However, their companies have decided that this route was a better idea. Their explanation was that the two of them was one of the nation’s top idols.

The butterflies in her stomach starts to make her feels dizzy when a strong arm wraps around her waist. There was no need for her to turn back to look at who it is. His scent and his touch give away his identity to her. He rest his chin on her shoulder, “You don’t want to do this don’t you?” He whispers into her ear. His warm breath tickles her neck and send shivers through her body.

She shook her head, “They’re making such a big deal out of this.”

“It is a big deal,” he said, letting go of her waist, take her hand and lead her back into their waiting room. “Don’t you think our news is a big deal?” He pouts.

She lightly punches him and a small smile escapes her lips, “It’s a big deal for the TWO of us.” She emphasize on the fact their private matter should be between the two of them, their family and close friends. She knew that their fans would need to be informs, but this was not the way she has imagine it to be. Press and camera crews swarm around like bees waiting for the event to start.

“Aren’t you happy that after ten years we can finally come out and tell everyone the truth?” He sat down on the sofa in the waiting and pats the empty seat next to him, indicating that she should take the seat next to him.

She sits down, “Of course I am. No more hiding after this, but I’m allow to be nervous, right?”

He smiles at her, that smile that always melts away her fear and worries, “Of course, but I’ll be right next to you.” Wrapping his arm around her shoulders he pulls her into his chest.

“I’m just a little worry at how our fans will react to this piece of news we are about to give them,” she lean into his chest, listening to his consistent heart beats, hoping that it will slows hers down. “Remember that incident when the fan recorded us playing around together. The way you looked at me gave me a few antis. I think that was when I was called into the president’s office.”

He chuckles, “When the boss told me to get in the car I was so confused and I was even more confused when the car showed up in front of your company.”

“Seeing you walking in with Wollim’s boss,” the memories of that day flood into her mind. “I think my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach.”

“I was surprise that they didn’t break us up then, but instead they allowed us to date with only one stipulation, we weren’t allowed to be too obvious and that our relationship was to be kept a secret,” he pulled her closer to him. “It was so hard. There were times when I couldn’t resist myself, but the fans just regard it as friendly interactions. However, there was some that wanted us to be together.”

She glances up at him and saw a smirks forming on his lips, “The thing is your fans just got you back from the army.”

For twenty-four months he was gone from the music industrial for his mandatory military service. He has been back for only four months and now, he will be give them another piece of shocking news.

“If the fans really love me they would want to see me happy and being with you makes me the happiest man in the world,” he leans into the kiss her – gently - on the forehead. “For two years I waited ... we waited. The first step is telling our fans and the next is to get you in that white dress.”

He had proposed to her a day before he left for the military. She was shocked, but elated at the same time. Her answered to him was, yes. When she called her parents to inform them of the news they said they already knew and congratulated her.

He had made sure that he asked her parents for her hand before he even asked her. That’s just the kind of person he is. That is one of the many reason she loves him.

A mischievous smile escapes her, “Who said I will be wearing a dress?”

“What?” his brows form a crease as he scowls.

She couldn’t help but chuckles at his reaction. It was obvious that on that one important day she will wear the pretty white wedding dress for him.

[-][-][-]

Minutes after their press conference, the news about their impending marriage floods the televisions and newspapers alike. The title to the news read, After revealing that they had been secretly dating for 10 years, f(x)’s Amber and INFINITE’s L will be getting married!

No one expected this. No one expect that Amber will ever get marry, especially to Myungsoo. The media forever pinned her as a boy and Myungsoo's continuous statement about liking girl with long wavy hair does not match Amber's style, but the truth is everything was done to protect their relationship. 

True to what Amber has expects, there are fans that support them, but there are also the fans that oppose them. However, to Myungsoo’s delight he didn’t seem to care about those fans that oppose them. He entwines his finger with hers as they starts down the street of Seoul together. A huge grin plasters on his face, “Finally I can do this without worrying about the fans seeing us. Freedom at last! The truth really set you free.”