Actually, it’s because I like you

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

She’s sitting across from him, her slim fingers wrap around her cup of coffee. They are talking and she kept asking him to tell her funny stories. To her he might be just a friend to spend time with, but for him she represents the spring that came to thaw his frozen winter heart. 

It has been years since their first meeting, but every time he spends time with her he can’t calm down his beating heart. His lip keeps cracking and he wondered to himself at first what could cause this. Is it the coffee they’re always drinking?

Looking at her smiling back at him and being her odd and adorable self makes him feel sad. He wants to hold her hand and wants to move over and sit closer to her.  However, she never notices how he feels; she’s oblivious to the fact that he wants more from this friendship. 

“Yah!” she said. Her eyebrows knit together. Her lips form a pout. “In Guk, are you even listening to me?”

He nodded and she huffed because she didn’t believe that he was listening to her.

“I was.”

“But you were just staring and saying nothing back.” She whines, which was extremely adorable in his eyes.

“I can’t help staring at you.”

“Why is that?” she tilts her head to the side as she asked.

He reached over and took her hand in his, “Well, actually, it’s because I like you, Amber.”

She didn’t pull her hand away from his. Her face indicates that she was utterly in shock, but then the tinge of pink that appears on her cheeks also indicate something else to him. 

Maybe, after all this time that he thinks she only thought of him as a friend was just him coming to his own conclusion.

That would explain why when he calls her out to meet him at a café shop alone she would always be there waiting for him with his favourite cup of coffee.