TRANSCENDED

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

Amber felt his nails digging into her skin, through her clothing. She felt the sharp pain and the warmth of the blood trickling down her arms. However, she didn’t let go of him. Her arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

“Please,” he begged. She felt him squeezed her shoulders and sent another wave of pain through her body. “I can’t hold on anymore. Amber, please let go of me. I can’t control it. I will hurt you too.”

Instead of letting go Amber held him closer to her. There were tears in her eyes. She looked up at him, “Look at me, Lu Han.”

He slowly opened his eyes. They were the colour of blood. The full moon shone on him. It gave him a look of an ethereal being, a menacing ethereal being. She was scared, but she knew who he was inside. The man that she held close to her right now was the love of her life and she didn’t care if he wasn’t human. All she cared about at that moment was that he doesn’t fully lose control of himself.

A painful smile escaped her lips, “I love you. You know that right?”

He nodded.

Amber took quick glanced at the scene around them. Bodies strewed across the floor. The metallic smell of blood permeated the air. 

It was because of her that the situation turn out this way. It was because of her stubbornness. It was because she wanted to stand up to these bullies. The men that threaten to hurt her, her family and her friends. Thinking that she could take care of herself, she accepted their challenge.

A challenge that turned out to be a trap, because all they wanted since the beginning was her. She was the daughter of the leader of their rival gang. They wanted to capture her and use her as leverage against her father.

If it wasn’t for Lu Han they would have succeeded.

She was thankful toward him even though it meant that he had lost control of his human side. Amber knew long before he told her that he wasn’t like anyone else. She was curious and she followed him on one night. What she saw she would never forget, but she loved him and the fact that he was a werewolf wasn’t going to change her feeling toward him. Her love for him transcended everything.

She stood there. Embracing him through her pain like her life was depending on it. They stood there and let the silence enveloped them. She felt his heart rate slowed and his breath even out. Still holding his gaze, she saw that his eyes had turned back to that warm chocolate colour that they were before.

“When did you know,” he asked her through his ragged breathe.

A weak smile escaped her lips. The pain started to overcome her strength, “A few months after I met you.”

His eyes widen in shock, “That was over five years ago. That was even before I asked you out.”

She grinned, “I fallen for you the moment I laid eyes on you. You captured my soul, Lu Han.”

The primal instincts seem to have left him. It was at a perfect time, because Amber head had started to spin. She slumped into his arms. He gently scooped her up bridal style and started to walk away from the bloody scene, “You captured my life, my soul, my heart and became the essence of my being, Amber Liu.”

“Trust me,” Amber said as she looked up at him. “Don't leave me. I will stay by your side no matter what. I don’t care who or what you are, because all I care is that you love me and I you. We will take this roller coaster ride called life together.”

He smiled down at her in his arms and planted a kiss on her forehead, “Come what may.”