EVEN IF THE WORLD ENDS

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

Sung Yeol held her slim, yet warm body in his arms. They were lying on a couch in their living room, she was on top of him. She had fallen asleep in his arms, while they were watching a movie. On the small couch she lied on him, cuddled against his chest.  He could smell the shampoo from her hair. He inhaled and tried to imprint her scent into his brain.

 He studied her peaceful sleeping face. He felt his heart broke into million pieces. He had so many regrets. How he had taken his life with her for granted. How he had imagine himself being with her for the rest of his life, knowing what he know now the world around him changed. Things had become clearer to him somehow and that made him miserable, regretful of any mistake he had made toward her.

He wanted to cherish this moment, watching over her as she slept.

He didn’t know what else he can do for her than tell her that he loved her. He hoped and prayed that there was still enough time, time for him to hug her tightly in his arms and maybe this time they had with each other may not end.

The world was so fragile. How could he have forgotten that every day spent with her was like a miracle? The back of his eyes stung and the tears suddenly flowed. He played around so much and never acted seriously, but she was still there by his side. She was there at his worse time, when friends turned their backs on him at his most dire time. 

He leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, “Thanks for being here for me … for standing by me with this disease, the ticking time bomb …” He closed his eyes, as more tears flowed down his face.

He felt a warm, tiny hands cupping his cheeks, her slim body twisted out of his arm. He opened his eyes to see her, still on top of him, but now facing him, her chest resting on his. He wrapped his arms around her slim waist, pulling her tighter into him.

He never knew that under those bulky clothing that she always wore was someone so slim, someone that felt so fragile to him. The first time he held her in his arms, his instinct to protect her began. He never wanted her to experienced pain, but here he was hurting her more than she would let on. 

She smiled brightly at him and kissed him on his lips. It was full of passion and love. Every time she kissed him he felt like he was on cloud nine. She pulled away from their passionate kiss and gave him one last quick peck on the lips before she spoke, “We will fight this cancer together, Yeollie. I will always be by your side no matter what.”

He pulled her closer to him. He didn’t want any space to exist between the two of them. He pulled her so tight he heard her gasped, “I love you, Amber.”

She giggled, “I love you too, Yeollie.” She kissed him more passionately and Sung Yeol knew that no matter what awaited him in the future, he would have Amber by his side forever, even if the world ended.