BASS GUITAR

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

He sat behind her. His right hand guided her right fingers along the strings of his bass guitar. His face was so close to hers that she hoped he didn’t noticed the blush that had blossomed on her face. His warm breathe brushed against the nape of her neck and sent shivers down her spine.  

He moved in closer and she felt his chest against her back. His other arm when around her and held onto her other hands, as he showed on the bass guitar sounded when she strummed it. She wasn’t sure if she had imagined it, but she thought she felt the beats of his heart against her back.

She closed her eyes and tried to calm her own beating heart down. She didn’t want him to know that the sound of her own heart was threatening to drown out his voice.

“See,” she felt his gaze onto her face and the heat that she already felt in her face rose up another notch.  “It’s not that much different than playing an electric guitar.”

She nodded and expected him to move away from her. On the one side she had hope to catch her breath and stopped her heart from beating like a freight train when he pulled away. However, there was that longing within her that wanted him to remain where he was.

“Amber?”

Unconsciously she turned her head toward him, because that’s what you do when someone called your name.

She didn’t expect to have his warm lips on hers. Her eyes widen with shock, but as his lips moved against hers she gave into the wanting of her heart and closed her eyes. Taking the bass guitar out of her hands, he turned her around in her stool. Their lips never separated as he pulled her closer to him. He placed his long legs on either side of hers, trapping her in his little space.

He pulled away and she felt like she was turning into jelly. He rested his forehead on hers. The large brown eyes pierced into her soul.

“What was that all about?” she asked when she was finally able catch her breath.

The corner of his lips lifted up and formed the smile that had taken her heart in the first place, “I like you, Liu Amber. The more I know you, the more I spend time with you made me fallen head over heels for you.”

She couldn’t hide the grin that she had on her face, “I feel the same way, Lee Jung Shin.”

This time it was her that initiated the kiss.