Ramen

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

There were many things in this world that Bang Yong Guk could exist without. However, there would be no Bang Yong Guk without these two things, plus one person. That one person held those two items and Yong Guk together, so in truth, without that person there would be no Yong Guk.

Music was Yong Guk’s life and ramen sustained him, but she – his one and only – was the person that provided the air that he breathed. She provided the will for him to pursue his love of music and most of all she provided him with the most delicious ramen in the world.

Yong Guk walked out of their bedroom, following the incredible aroma of ramen that wafted toward the bedroom. He saw her standing in front of the stove. Her petite frame covered by her over sized t-shirt and sweat pants.

He made his way toward her and wrapped his arms around her slim waist from behind. She jumped and almost spilled his precious ramen, “Yong Guk! You scared me!” She turned back to the tending of the ramen.

He rested his chin on her shoulder, breathed in the smell of his most favourite food and kissed his girl on the cheek, “It smells so good. Is it almost ready?”

She turned off the stove top, shrugged him off of her and carried the pot to their dining room table, “bring the bowls and chopsticks.”

Yong Guk picked up the bowls and chopsticks that she had set out on the counter earlier. He took the seat opposite to her, “This looks so yummy.”

“I’m sorry,” she said to him all of a sudden as she put some of the ramen in his bowl.

Yong Guk lifted his eyebrow, “What are you sorry for?”

“Because this is all I know how to cook,” she said with a pout. “I should feed you better.”

With a bright gummy smile he took her hands in his, “I love ramen. I could live on it forever. All I need in this world is music, ramen and most of all you, Amber Liu.”