RAINY DAYS

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

The dark storm clouds enveloped the night sky. The spring shower was trying to wash away the remnants of the winter. Amber sat by her window. Her knees pulled up against her chest. Her lanky arms wrapped around it. She stared out her window, watching the droplets of rain falling from the sky, blurring the window.

The rain, it brought back all those memories and those emotions that she tried to hide, that she tried to shield herself from. It allowed for the past to bubble up and boiled over.

Everything returned to her like it was yesterday. The image of his rain drenched back, as he walked slowly away from her. She thought about those hurtful words that escaped his mouth. She remembered how her warm tears mixed with the cold rain.

She asked and begged him not to go, not to leave her. She threw her pride away and begged, but he never looked back. He left her there alone on that cold dark rainy night.

It had been almost six months now that they had broken it off. For the most part she had moved on with her life, but when it rained she couldn’t help herself but remembered that terrible moment of her life.

She tried, many times, but she could never forget him, she could not forget what they had. When it rained the memory of him walked back into her life again. She remembered the good times they shared and her heart break all over again. She knew she had to let him go, but it was harder than she thought. It was hard to forget what they had shared.

He couldn’t trust her he had said. She was too friendly with everyone and he couldn’t control his jealously. It was too hard for him and he couldn’t do it anymore. That he couldn’t drag out their relationship because it was unfair to the both of them. He was unhappy and in turn he would make her unhappy too. That was his explanation.

“Amber?” Victoria walked up to her and gently placed a warm hand on her shoulder. “Thinking about him again?”

Amber bit down on her lips. She knew that she was being ridiculous. She should let it go. There was nothing tying them together. They may have passed by each other, because they ran in the same circle of friends and their profession would cause them to run into each other from time to time, but there was nothing left between the two of them.

Victoria gently patted her head, “You know its Myung Soo’s lost. I don’t want to sound harsh, but if he can’t take the fact that you are friendly, because that is who you are, then he didn’t really love you.”

Amber glanced up at the older girl.

“If someone really loves you they would fight for you no matter what,” Victoria smiled sadly down at Amber. “Myung Soo didn’t fight. He chooses to give you up and that’s his lost. Trust me, Amber. One day you will find that guy that will love you for who you are. If he really loves you he will take everything that comes with you. He will fight for you no matter what.”

Amber nodded, “I’m trying, I’m trying really hard, but I just hates these rainy days because it reminded me of him. It reminds me of that moment when he choose to walk away from me.”

Victoria hugged Amber then, “We’ll find something else, something happier for you to associate with the rain.” Amber nodded. “There is someone better out there for you, Amber, someone that will understand you and accept everything about you. Believe me.”

“I hates these rainy days.”