IILUSION

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

Henry could sit here and stares at her all day and never get bored. The way she smiles, the slight movement, everything about Amber Liu intrigues him. He rests his elbows on table, clasp his hands together and rest his chin upon it as he waits for the tea he ordered for the two of them. 
 
The server approaches their table, “He’s you two tea sir.” The server places the two cup on the table in front of Henry along with a saucer of milk and sugar. Before the server retreats from the table he gave Henry weird look. However, this past year people has been giving Henry weird looks, especially when he’s out with Amber. 
 
He pushes the warm cup of tea toward Amber. She smiles back at him and the tiny point of her canine shows. He pours milk and put sugar into each of their cup. Amber didn’t touch her cup. She rarely eats or drinks around him these days, “Amber, are you sick?”
 
She beams at him and shook her head.
 
She rarely talks to him whenever they meet up as well, but he loves her and he was happy just to spend time doing all the talking. Amber didn’t seem to mind, since she always would sit there and smiles back at him. 
 
He reaches over to touch her hand, but before his hand could touch hers he feels a hand rest on his shoulders. He looks up to see his friend, Zhou Mi looking down at him with sad eyes, “Stop it Henry.”
 
“Stop ... what?” 
 
He points to the cups on the table, “This.” 
 
“What’s wrong with getting Amber a cup of tea?” Henry was confuse and turns to look at Amber, but she was nowhere to be seen. He scans the entire shop, but he couldn't she her anywhere. This sense of panic washes over him. He tries to stand up, but Zhou Mi held him down. “Where did she go? I have to find her, Zhou Mi!”
 
“Stop it!” Zhou Mi tightens his grip on Henry’s shoulder. “You can’t keep on doing this Henry. You have to stop. Everyone is worry about you. Your parents want to send you to a rehab centre because of this. I told them that you will get over it. That you just need some time, but this has gone on for far too long. It has been a year ... today marks the anniversary.”
 
The throbbing pain in his head returns along with the stabbing pain in his heart. The memory from last year slow returns to him, “Zhou Mi ... I can’t ... I ...”
 
“You have to do it, Henry,” there’s a hint of pity in Zhou Mi’s voice. The older boy kneels down so that he’s at the same eyelevel with Henry. “Let her go, Henry. She’s in a better place now. Let her go so that she can rest. We are all hurting just as much as you. We all loved her too, heck we still loves her. She will always be in our heart. However, you have to come to term with the fact that she will never come back, she can’t comeback.”
 
Tears trickles down his face, “I know ...” Henry pounds his chest where his heart is. “She’s gone forever ... dead.”