YOU ARE MY LIGHT

FOREVERMORE | AD INFINITUM [Drabble & One Shot Collection]

 

A broken soul living day by day, living in darkness, invisible to the world, that was who she was. No one in this world could have brought her out from the self imposed darkness she had created, or so she thought.

She used to live in the light once, but that seem like eon to her now. She was naive. She was innocent. She was happy. However, that was all taken away from her. With his hands – the one person that she relied upon, the one person she trusted with her heart and life – he took away everything she knew. He wiped away her life. He hurt her. A damaged that life a huge scar in her soul.

Instinctively, to save herself, she pulled away from the world. The darkness was where she felt safe.  No matter how lonely the darkness made she felt.

She vowed to herself that she would never let anyone get closer to her heart again.

People can called her whatever they like, , aloof, loner, depressing, but she didn’t care. It didn’t matter to her what they thought of her.

Then he appeared. His happiness exuded from him like the sun on a clear summer day. He was infectious. His bright deposition rubbed off on everyone. She tried to avoid him. She was worse toward him than anyone else, but her poisonous words and actions bounced off of him like it was nothing. None of her antics fazed him. He was like no other she seen and that scared her. 

It scared her because he intrigued her in a way that she never felt in a long time. She felt a stirring inside her stone cold heart and she wanted to be rid of it, but what is she supposed to do. He was part of the world that keep her sane; music and dance.

Today was just like any other day. She walked into the dance academy. She kept her head down. She tried to avoid everyone, but most of all him, the famous charming dancer with the bright deposition that is slowly eroding her stone heart.

“Amber,” the dance teacher called out to her. “There you are. I have a special project for you.”

With her cold eyes she stared curiously at the dance teacher, “Special project?”

The dance teacher nodded, “Since you’re one of our better dancer here, I think it would be a good idea to join this completion. If you win the round in Seoul you would be send to L.A. to compete there.”

Amber knew that reason for her being such a good dancer was because she didn’t care about anything or anyone else. She put 100% of her effort to dance.  It made sense that the dance teacher would have chosen her for this competition. If she win she would be taken away from here for awhile and most of all away from him, so without a second thought she answered, “Sure, I’m in.”

The teacher wrapped her arm around Amber’s shoulder and all Amber wanted to do was shrugged her away, “Thanks, Amber. I know you don’t like working with anyone, but he would be an awesome dance partner for you.”

“Dance …” Amber shrugged the teacher of off her. “Partner? What are you talking about?”

The teacher sighed, “You are rated as our second best dancer here with the amount of time you spend practicing. You’re the right person, I believe, to be his partner. Look, there he is, Taemin! Lee Taemin!”

Taemin, the boy that Amber tried to escaped from, walked over with his hands in his pocket and a bright smile upon his face, “What is it Saem?”

“She agreed,” the teacher said to him. “Anyway, I have to go get ready for the next class. You guys to talk and start working on the routine.”

As soon as the teacher left Taemin reached over and took Amber’s hand in his. Amber tried to pull away, but he held firm. There was a twinkled of mischievous in his eyes, “How about we get to know each other better first?”

“I have class,” Amber said coldly to him.

Taemin started toward the front door of the dance academy. His hand still wrapped tightly around Amber’s, “We can skip just this once. I don’t think the teacher will have a problem with that. I have to get to know for us to win this competition.”

Taemin turned around and smiled at her and at that moment she knew she was in trouble. From his warm hand that held tightly to hers radiated the type of warmth that she can’t explain. She felt the locked she placed upon her heart slowly unlocking.

She knew that he was her doom, but somehow she couldn’t resist the attraction, the pulled that she felt toward him.

Lee Taemin changed her life.