A New Beginning.

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

"Okay, now let's go down this street and go into every store that we see and ask them!"

 

We've been searching all day to get me a job but after knowing that I've been expelled from school because of misconduct, it was 
kind of hard to even get them to consider hiring me. And I was getting tired. Taemin still has a lot of energy and has been dragging me 
around the whole neighbourhood to get me a job. I feel like a burden to him, but everytime we get rejected, he just smiled and said thank you to the store owners. He's such a nice guy...

 

"Thank you!" Taemin said cheerfully and bowed after another rejection from a clothing store.
"Let's just give up. We've been searching all day and now almost the whole neighbourhood knows I'm a 'delinquent'." I pout and sat on the curb by the quiet street. It has gotten quite dark and we hadn't had dinner yet. Dinner....Eun Jung! I was so busy finding a job that I forgot about Eun Jung and her dinner!  Oettokkae? She must have gotten back from school a few hours ago and must be starving by now. "Okay, okay, arasseo. Let's go have diner."

 

"Mianhae Taemin ah, but I have to rush home to Eun Jung now! I forgot about her dinner!" I told him and ran towards the nearest bus stop. I'm so sorry for leaving like this...I'll make it up to you Taemin...

 

"Eun Jung ah! I'm so sorry I forgot all about dinner! Eun Jung ah!" Then I found her sitting in the room doing her homework with a cup of ramyun. "Oh, unnie, annyeong!" I dropped my bag and fell on my knees. Of course, she has a bit of money too...she can take care of herself too...what was I thinking? Shocked to see my position, Eun Jung ran towards me and asked if i was feeling alright. I let out a laugh and just patted her head telling her I was fine. She's in her third year in middle school. But why do I worry so much about her? Maybe because she's all I have now. After they left us behind..I took my towel and was about to head to the bathroom when suddenly my cellphone rang...an unknown number...who could it be?

 

"Yeoboseyo? Is this Min Jung?"  A guy with a deep husky voice was on the other end of the line."Yea, who is this? How did you get my number?" He told me his name was Junhyung, a friend of Taemin, and that it was Taemin who gave him my number. Why would he do that? Is this one of those prank calls? Then, Junhyung said something that made me feel like doing a 360 degrees backflip right in our small rooftop apartment. Instead, I just steadied myself by holding on to the dining table. Eun Jung noticed me and kept asking me what was happening. "Neh, gomawo! Thank you very much!" I ended the call, grabbed my sister by her shoulders and started jumping. "Waegeulae unnie!? Who was that?" 

 

I can't believe it...I really need to thank Taemin. He's the most wonderful guy I've ever known...I looked down at Eun Jung and hugged her as tight as I could. "Everything's gonna start to get better from now on." And after that, I picked up my phone again and called Taemin..

 

"Yah, Lee Taemin...You're the most amazing friend ever!" I screamed in my phone. And all Taemin said after that was,

"I know."