Disappear. [Part 1]

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

It's been two weeks....

 

Two weeks since I've seen Sunggyu. After that incident. He didn't pick my calls. Didn't reply to my texts. And when I went to his apartment, no one was at home. 
He hasn't gone to work. But somehow Junhyung doesn't mind. He keeps saying Sunggyu's a lazy . But isn't he worried? We haven't heard any news from him, and he just keeps saying Sunggyu's being a lazy ?

 

"Oppa, don't you think it's strange?" I was pacing around in the studio, biting my fingernails.

"Huh? What's strange?" He doesn't even look up. He's too busy with his composing stuff.

"Oppa, Sunggyu oppa hasn't gone to work for two weeks already. He didn't tell you why?" I was still pacing back and forth. 

"Nope. But like I said, he's being the lazy that he is." Still didn't look up.

"But how can you be so sure? He didn't even reply to my texts!" I threw up my hands. I was getting frustrated. Oppa, where could you be? Why don't you tell me?

 

This time, Junhyung stopped what he was doing, and turned around to face me. He rubbed his temples and sighed. 
"Min Jung ah, it's not like I know where he went. Maybe something came up. An emergency maybe. Or something happened to his relatives. I don't know. So please stop asking me okay?" He gave me a look and turned his back facing me, and continued with his work. 

 

How can I not stop asking questions? He's the next person I know closest to Sunggyu other than me. 
That day when I received his voice messages, I felt really guilty. By the time I got home from having dinner with Taemin and Jiyeon, I expected to see him, still waiting in front of my door. Waiting for me. But no one was there, and it's all my fault. If I had told them what happened, I could have met with him. And this wouldn't have happened. 

 

I fell on to the couch and closed my eyes. Oppa, where can you be? Do you know how worried I am? 
Suddenly I felt weight beside me. I opened my eyes only to find Junhyung, sitting beside me, and also closing his eyes. 

 

"Oppa, what's wrong?" He let out a loud sigh. "Min Jung ah, I know you're worried. But...just don't think so much okay? Wherever hyung is, I'm sure he's thinking about you too." Hmm, what happened to He's just being the lazy that he is...? I just gave a slight nod and a faint smile. "Arasso Oppa. Alright, I need to go home and cook lunch for Eun Jung. See you tomorrow oppa." Junhyung, with his eyes still closed, just nodded and waved his hands. He looks tired for some reason. Or is he worried about Sunggyu too?

 

"Oppa, you don't have to worry too okay? And...don't overwork yourself." I said and left.

Min Jung ah...if only you knew.....Junhyung thought to himself.


 

Tiny droplets of rain fall onto the pavement.
Aish...it's raining? Of all the days, I decided not to bring my umbrella today. Min Jung, you really are a pabo aren't you?....I lifted the hood of my jacket to my head  and put my hands in my pocket. I walked all the way until I stopped at the junction right before my house. When the light turned green, I didn't move. I just stood there. People walked past me, cursing for blocking the way but I don't care. The rain is also getting heavier and I'm already drenched. And I started walking again, but in a different direction. 

 

Somehow, my feet led me to a playground. The playground. Where I sprained my ankle. 
Since it was raining, and dark, nobody was around. I hesitated before sitting on the swing. My hands held tightly around the chains and I strated swinging back and forth, slowly. 

 

"Min Jung ah, let's have a competition, the one who can swing the highest, can ask for a favor from the other." Sunggyu said.
"At the count of three. One, two, THREE!" And the both of us kicked the ground and started swinging! Even though the knight was cold and the wind blew straight at my face, I couldn't care less. I was having fun, with the guy I love. Two young adults having fun at a deserted playground at 1AM in the morning.....

 

I smiled at the thought, but at the same time, I felt something streaming down my cheeks. And it wasn't because of the rain. My heart started to ache. I stopped swinging and clutched my chest. Why does it hurt so much? Is it because somewhere deep down, I feel like I lost him, forever? But why? Just because of one small incident? Now that I think about it, we've never fought before. Not even once. And this, isn't because we fought too. It's a...misunderstanding? 

 

"Min Jung ah, is that you?" My eyes widen and I turned back. "Sunggyu oppa- Oh..." I swear I thought I heard his voice.
"Min Jung ah, what are you doing here? Come one, let's get you home." Taemin pulled me up and put an umbrella over our heads. "Yah, what are doing, sitting in the rain all alone? Eun Jung is worried sick about you at home." I didn't answer but just nodded. Taemin didn't ask me anymore and just sighed. He put one arm over my shoulders so we could squeeze under the umbrella. 

 

"Unnie, what happened?!" Eun Jung came running towards me with a towel. "Oppa, what was she doing?" she asked Taemin, but he just shrugged. "Eun Jung ah, I can't cook you dinner tonight. Just order something okay? I'm gonna go sleep." I said in a monotonous tone and slowly walked into the room. Eun Jung and Taemin just stood there, staring at me, as though I just turned into a zombie. I closed the door behind me, and fell onto my bed. 


| Junhyung's P.O.V |

 

Min Jung ah...if only you knew....
"Hyung, you can come over now." I sighed loudly as I flipped my phone. How has it got to this? They were doing so well and now? A few minutes later, Sunggyu came. "Thanks for covering me Junhyung ah. I owe you." He said with a guilty smile on his face.

 

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. "Hyung, how long are you going to keep this up? I can't bear to watch her like that and I don't want to keep lying to her." "Just help me okay? I'll make it right." That's what he always says. "Whatever you say Hyung, but it'd  better be soon. I can't keep lying to her. Remember to lock the door before you leave." I said as I went out. For two weeks, Sunggyu has been staying behind in the studio. Doing what I'm not sure. But what I do know, he's composing something. And he rarely does that. He's composing something for her. She must really be special to him. But how can he bear being without her and making her so worried? 

 

I let out a loud sigh and continued walking. It was raining and I didn't bring any umbrella. I just pulled my hood over my head. "So annoying.


 

| Min Jung's P.O.V |

"Unnie! Unnie! Wake up and get dressed! Come on!
Eun Jung was jumping up and down my bed. I groaned. Is it morning already? "Eun Jung ah, it's a Saturday. I don't have work so leave me alone so I can sleep." I tried to push her off the bed but she's too heavy.
"Sleep?! Unnie! How can you sleep on a day like this? Come on and hurry up already! Taemin oppa is coming in half an hour!" I shot up from my bed. Why is Taemin coming? Wait, I got no time to think. I wouldn't want him to see me in a mess like the last time he came over. I quickly took my towel and dashed to the bathroom.

 

"Unnie! Hurry up! We're all waiting for you!
I opened the door of my bedroom. I was wearing a black skinny jeans, with my favourite green sweater. And I braided my hair to the side. I even put on a bit of foundation on my face. Eun Jung told me to dress up for today but I have no idea why. Taemin told me that the three of us are going out together today. And the both of them are well dressed too. 

 

"Guys, what's going on? What's the occasion?" I asked with a confused face. "Unnie, don't you remember? It's-" Taemin quickly placed his hands over Eun Jung's mouth, preventing her from speaking any further. And then he just smiled and said, "You'll see." I gave him a look but in the end just shrugged it off. I don't know what they're both planning but I hope today goes well. Because it's another day without Sunggyu... 

 

A few hours later, the three of us were standing right in front of Lotte World. What are we doing here? "Yah, you guys have exams ccoming up. Don't you have to study?" I placed my hands on my hips and glared at them. And then, Eun Jung came up to me with her aegyo, "Unnie, please~Just for today? I promise I'l get good grades! Please~" while rubbing her hands together. Taemin did the same thing too! He looked at me with pleading eyes and puffed his cheeks. And he put one of his fists beside his cheek and went "Bbuing bbuing~!

 

"Arasso arasso you two. Just...for today. And Taemin ah, don't ever do that again." I shot him a look and he just showed me his cheeky smile....silly Taemin....And with that, the two of them started pulling me everywhere. Literally! We took almost all the rides! And we bought ourselves goofy hats. We also had our lunch there and stayed all the way until night time, when the fireworks comes out.

 

Everyone in the theme park looked up as the fireworks burst in the sky. " Neomu yeppeo~" I said. And suddenly Taemin held my hands and intertwined our fingers. I looked at him and he said, "Yeah, you are. Happy Birthday Min Jung ah, the most beautiful girl in the world." Omo...it's..it's my birthday? My eyes widen. No wonder they took me out today. "I knew you'd forget your own birthday. You always do! " Taemin chuckled and flicked my forehead. 

 

Eun Jung came from behind me and hugged me, "Happy Birthday Unnie, saranghae." My eyes started to get teary, and my vision started to get blur. Taemin started to panic, "Y-yah, are you okay? D-did we do something wrong?" I smiled as the first tear fell down my cheeks and hugged the both of them, "Ani, I'm just happy that you guys are here with me right now." I said in between sniffs. "Unnie, did you know? This was all Taemin oppa's idea." Eun Jung beamed.

 

I looked at Taemin and he rubbed the back of his neck and let out a nervous laugh. "I-it's nothing much really, I-" Before he could finish I pulled him into another embrace. And my tears started coming out more. Taemin was shocked at first but slowly, he my hair. He really is the best friend in the whole wide world. Him and my sister. They know just how to cheer me up. 

 

After that, we had dinner and Taemin sent the both of us home. Eun Jung fell straight on to her bed and within minutes, I could hear her snoring. I would like it if she'd change her clothes but, after what she did today, I decided to let it slide. There was a parcel right outside our door. I wonder who's it from. I took it and closed the door. I put my keys on the dining table and pulled out a chair. There wasn't any address written on it except for my name. What could it be? 

 

I tore it open and found a cd. Curious, I quickly took the small radio we had but didn't really use it much and insert it in. I really hope it still works...There was a few staticy sounds but then I heard his voice. Sunggyu. 

 

'....Min Jung ah, Happy Birthday. I'm sorry I can't be there for you on this day but I hope everything's going well and that you're happy.
Are you worried about me? Well, don't be. I'm doing...fine. Just fine. Actually, the reason I sent you this was, well, I want to say goodbye......
"

 

Wait, what is this? What is he saying?....And again, I clutched my chest. Everything starts to hurt again...