Second Mission.

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

"U-uh, who are you again?" Junhyung was at the door of the studio while me and Sunggyu were resting on the couch after a long day of doing errands. 
"Oppa! How can you forget me? Jiyeon!" My eyes widen when I heard that familiar voice. Jiyeon? What is she doing here? Wait, if she's here, does it mean that Taemin's here too? Junhyung just gave an awkward laugh and Jiyeon pushed her way in to the studio.

 

"Min Jung ah, annyeong! Oh, Sunggyu oppa, you're here too?" Jiyeon waved enthusiastically to us. "Yah, I work here too you know." Sunggyu said and flicked her forehead. Jiyeon flinched and rubbed her forehead. She then stuck out her tongue and turned to face me. "Chingu, how have you been?" She took my hands and pulled me back down to the couch. How long has it been since I've seen her? The last time I saw her was....right, she asked me to help her figure out what was wrong with Taemin. Now that I think about it, she only appears when she needs help with Taemin. Hmph, some chingu she is. So since she's here now, I think I can guess why.

 

"I'm fine Jiyeon ah. How are you?" I forced a smile. "Really? I'm fine too! Actually, can we go out for a while? I wanna talk to you about something." Of course, you want to talk about Taemin right? I thought to myself. I just smile and nodded. She grabbed my hands and pulled me outside. "Yah where are you two girls going?" Sunggyu shouted. Jiyeon turned around and just stuck out her tingue at him. "Yah, buy me some coke since you're on the way out!" Junhyung said, his eyes still glued to the papers on his forever-in-a-mess desk. Pfft, him and his coke.

 

Once we were outside, Jiyeon linked arms with me and we made our way to the mini-mart. "You seemed to be in a good mood today? Did something happen with you and Taemin?" I winked and lightly nudged her ribs. She just gave me a cheeky smile and nodded. "Taemin and I had lunch together at dance practice just now." And her she looked upwards, replaying the events that happened in her mind, with a smile forming on her lips. "Really? That's good to hear." I'm really glad Taemin is being himself again, well, at least around Jiyeon. Somehow when he's with me, eventhough we made up, it still feels abit awkward. Then Jiyeon's smile faded abit. And she bit her lip. "What's wrong? Aren't you happy?
 

"I am, but it's just that, he doesn't really talk much. Not like how he used to. He seems abit...distracted. Chingu, do you have any idea why?" Okay, maybe Taemin isn't really being himself. Then I felt a sharp pang. Could it be because he still likes me? Or is it because of what happened this mornig with Sunggyu? That's right, that must be it. Why else would he suddenly leave without even saying a proper goodbye? And it was also when Sunggyu came. He's....jealous.
Right, Jiyeon doesn't know that Taemin likes me. I should really keep it a secret from her. If she finds out, she might hate me. Even though we're not that close, I don't really want to lose a friend. But at the same time, I really don't like seeing her sad like this. But how can I help her?

 

Just then, Jiyeon's voice snapped me back to reality. "Min Jung ah, are you listening?" She was frantically waving her hands in front of my face. "U-uh yeah...wait, what did you say again?" I rubbed the back of my neck, feelling guilty not paying attention to her when she's feeling down. Ji yeon pouted and put her hands on her hips. "Yah, why do you seem distracted too? Wait, could you possibly know what's happening with Taemin?" This time, her face was inches from mine, trying to search a clue that could tell her what was happening. I slightly pushed her back and let out a small laugh, "I don't know anything Jiyeon ah. Really." I said. More like, I lied. 

 

Right then, Jiyeon snapped her fingers telling me that she has a brilliant idea. Let me guess...."Chingu, be prepared for your next mission!"
I knew it! I let out a small sigh. Something tells me this is going to be a tough one. "And what would that mission be? Jiyeon-ssi?" I said, while standing at attention as though I'm in the army. Jiyeon laughed and slapped my arm. "Ahem, your mission is to try and get me and Taemin, closer!" Jiyeon said and saluted.
Get her and Taemin closer? How can I possibly do that when Taemin likes me? This is going to take a lo of work. I gave a stern look, "Understood!" And I saluted. The both of us laughed at how silly we were and linked arms again. But in my mind I was busy thinking how I would get them closer together. I need help. Aha! Maybe Sunggyu can help! Since he's close to Jiyeon too.

 

Now the problem is, Taemin. I don't know why he's being like this. I get it that he likes me but I already told him that we'll remain as best friends and always will. But he still finds it hard to move on. And I just wish that he and Sunggyu can get along. 

 

When I got back to the studio, it was already 10pm. Jiyeon left early for her night dance class, making me carry all the cans of coke and bags of snacks alone to the studio. Thank God the studio was just a few blocks away. "I'm back! Can someone help me with this?" I was struggling to enter the studio, "Hello? Do you guys hear me? Oppa!" Still no anwer. Pfft, what kind of gentlemen are they? After a few minutes of pulling and keeping the door open at the same time, I managed to get in the studio. I put all the plastic bags on the floor, energy totally drained. "Yah, didn't you guys hea-" Sounds of snore filled the quiet room. I looked around and saw Junhyung asleep with his head on the table. When I went closer, I could see a bit of drool coming from the corner of his lips. Eeew...and I stick out my tongue. 
 

 

And when I looked over at the couch, Sunggyu was asleep too. Actually, I wasn't sure if his eyes were opened or closed. That's the problem with small eyes, you just can't tell you know? I crouched nearer towards him and waved my hands in front of his face. Didn't move a muscle. Yeap, he's asleep too. Right then he started to murmur..."I'm not jealous. I...love..." Jealous? Of what? Hmm. Must be a silly dream. I stood up and looked around the room. It was in a total mess. Papers were everywhere, the trash can was full with wrappers and cans. I decided to clean up a bit without waking both the sleepy boys. After about an hour or so, the studio looked way better than it was before. I wiped my hands together and yawned. I looked at my watch and it was almost midnight. 

 

I gently poked Sunggyu's arm to wake him up. "Hey sleepy head, let's go home." He looks dazed, which is actually kind of cute. I wonder if he always looked like this when he wakes up. His hair in a mess, his shirt was wrinkled and his eyes...yeah still not sure if it was opened or closed. Sunggyu reached out his arms towards me and gave a cheeky smile, "Carry me home." You have got to be kidding me. But still, it was the first time I've seen his aegyo. I flicked his forehead, "Oppa, if I carry you back home, it'll months until we finally reach your apartment. Now hurry up and send me home." I said with a sheepish smile. He let out a small laugh and stood up. "Arasso Min Jung-ssi.

 

The both of us put on our jackets and took our bags. Naturally before leaving the studio, his hands reached out to mine. "ANNYEONG JUNHYUNG OPPA! WE'RE GOING HOME!" I purposely shouted just to disturb his sleep. Both me and Sunggyu quickly left before Junhyung could wake up and kill us. Instead Junhyung just lifted his head up and went back to sleep. "Annoying kid."

 

 

While we were walking towards my apartment, I was busy thinking how I would tell Sunggyu about my plan. I wonder if he would agree to help. Because eventhough he doesn't say it, I can tell that he feels uncomfortable whenever Taemin's around. And that goes the same with Taemin too. I seriously wished that the both of them can get along. 

 

I felt a light squeeze on my hands. "Min Jung ah, are you okay? You seem to be thinking about something.
"Um, oppa, don't mind me asking but, what do you think about Taemin?" This time, Sunggyu just kept quiet. He let go of my hands and put both his hands in his pocket. And he just kept walking. "Oppa.." I said, tugging his sleeve. Why is he being like this when I mentioned Taemin? 
"Look, I know you and Taemin don't really like each other but-" "I'ts not that I don't like him Min Jung ah, it's just..."He trailed off. I looked at him earnestly. "It's just what oppa?" I really wanted to know. Why?

 

He let out a sigh and turned to face me. He took out his hands from his pockets and held mine. The both of us just stood there in the silent street, gazing at each other. "I feel like he'll snatch you away from me someday." "What? Don't be silly." "No listen, everytime he's with you, I get so, insecure. Maybe because he's younger than I am, or because he's an awesome dancer, and also good looking and knows more about you than I do. And I feel so small when he's around."

 

So that's how he feels when he sees Taemin? That's he's no better than Taemin? "I see. Well, Taemin is a good dancer, younger and much more goodlooking. And to add on, he's so softspoken and charming." Sunggyu wanted to let go of my hands but I held on. "But Oppa, even though he's all that, I still chose you remember? Taemin could own all the money in the world and have all the girls drooling over him but you'll still be the one that I'll choose. I love Taemin but no words can describe how much more I love you." My eyes started tearing and before I knew it I started sobbing. Sunggyu's expression soften and he pulled me into an embrace. "I love you too Min Jung ah, and I'm sorry I made you cry. Please don't cry anymore, neh?" He my hair and I started to calm down. I didn't expect myself to cry. Guess love is so much powerful than I thought it would be.

 

We stayed like that for a few minutes and my cellphone started to ring. Gee, way to ruin the moment. Sunggyu wiped away my tears and I picked up my cellphone. "Yeobeosaeyo? Eun Jung ah what's wrong? Arrasso, I'm on the way home now." She called just to say she was hungry. Gosh, can't she cook her own ramen? Sigh, well she is my resposibility after all. "What's wrong with Eun Jung?" "She's just hungry. I have to hurry back and cook for her. Oppa, why don't you go home? I can go home by myself from here.

 

"You're cooking? Sounds interesting! I am feeling a bit hungry anyway. Let's go!" Before I could protest, he already grabbed my hand and we started to make our way towards my house. "O-oppa! What if Eun Jung sees you? It's going to be so awkward!" "Then I'll just have to make it less awkward. Me and your sister could use this time to get to know each other. And besides, she's so cute! It's like looking at a mini you!" He winked. I rolled back my eyes and sighed. Guess I'll just have to go with the flow then.