Disappear. [Part 2]

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

"...Min Jung ah, Happy Birthday. I'm sorry I can't be there for you on this day but I hope everything's going well and that you're happy.
Are you worried about me? Well, don't be. I'm doing...fine. Just fine. Actually, the reason I sent you this was, well, I want to say goodbye......
"

 

I clutched my chest, suddenly finding it hard to breathe. Why is he saying goodbye? Is he going somewhere? Somewhere far away?
And then, I heard sobs. It was coming from the radio. It was Sunggyu. I can tell that he was also trying hard not to break down. There was a few seconds of silence. And then he cleared his throat to continue again, but his voice has gotten a bit shaky.

 

"...You are the most wonderful girl I've ever met, and I don't think I can find another person just like you. The times we've spent has been....wonderful.
And...I'll cherish them forever. And also, you deserve someone...
" And this time he choked on his words a bit, and I prepared myself, because I somehow knew what he was going to say.

 

"And also, you deserve someone better than me...That's why, I'm letting you go. I hope, you can remain the cheerful and strong girl you always are...and that, you'll find someone better than me. I'm sorry Min Jung ah....my princess..."

 

Then the radio was quiet. I was already crying. He's...breaking up with me? But...we didn't even have the chance to clear up...the misunderstandings. He left me. Why do the people I love, keeps leaving me behind? Why? My sobbing got louder and I cupped my hands over my mouth so that Eun Jung wouldn't hear. My heart...my heart feels like it's crumbling down...like a broken mirror, hurting in the process...Oppa, why are you doing this? Don't you love me?

 

And then suddenly there was static on the radio, and a tune was heard. A song. With Sunggyu's voice.

 

......I love you. I'm sorry.
But I can't do this anymore.
I don't even have the right to get close to you.
Don't love me.
I don't have the ease of being able to give you my heart.
I live everyday beyond my strength.
Each day is too much so I cry....

 

As I heard the lyrics to the song, I started to cry even more and clutching my chest even tighter. Is this what's he's trying to say? That he's not good enough for me? I already told him, he meant everything to me. But I was clueless. I thought it was just a small insecurity tat would easily disappear with a little assurance. He just shrugged it off just so he wouldn't worry me. But deep down, he really felt, like he was no good for me. How can I be so careless? 

 

.....I don't have anything I can give to you.
but I'm missing you.
I can't even give you loving words.
But I'm missing you.
I can't even boldly wish for you to be mine.
But I'm missing you.
So I push you away.
Because I am a guy who has nothing but his own heart....

 

As the song continued, his voice started to tremble a bit. It was as though....he was crying while singing. His breaths became heavier and at the same time, he sounded more and more sad. I could already imagine him, sitting right in front of me, tears in his eyes. I just want to hold him. Tell him it's okay. Tell him, he's my everything. Tell him, that I love him. But now that I know I won't be able to, breaks my heart even more. Then something popped up in my head. I could always call him.

 

With shaking hands, I reached out into my bag and pulled out my cell phone. I dialed his number and slowly brought the speaker close to my ears.

 

"Sorry, the number you have dialed, is no longer available."

 

I dropped my phone to the floor. He really did leave me. He really meant it when he says that. I curled myself in to a ball, and again, tears started coming out.
Oppa...how can you be so cruel? I thought you loved me? Or was our love not strong enough? I rocked myself back and forth in my seat, and soon fell into a deep slumber.

 


 

| Sunggyu's P.O.V |

 

"Junhyung ah, can you help me with something?
I did it. I finally finished it

 

"What is it?" Junhyung looked up at me from his seat. I passed him a thumb drive. "In there, help me listen to it. Then make it into a cd?" I tossed him the small thumb drive. He barely managed to catch it with his hands, almost spilling his can of coke. "Hyung! Warn me next time will you?" Junhyung furrowed his eyebrows and shot me a look. I patted his shoulders and took my jacket.

 

"Oh, and once your done, can you send it to Min Jung for me?" At that moment, Junhyung turned around to face me, his eyes round like golf balls. "Are you finally gonna set it straight?" He said with hopeful eyes. "You can say it like that. Remember, give it to Min Jung for me.

 

"And why can't you do it?
"I need to go somewhere for a while. Don't disappoint me okay?" I pointed to him which in return he gave me an okay sign with his hands and plugged in the thumb drive into the computer. I put on my jacket, looked at my dongsaeng, my best friend, for the last time, and walked out.

I'm sorry Junhyung ah, I know this is not the way you want me to put things back, but, this is what I feel is right...


 

| Junhyung's P.O.V |

 

Let's see what cheesy song Hyung made this time. I'm actually quite excited to hear it. Hyung is a really good composer, but he says that's just his hobby. 
Most of the time, I use the song he composes as demo tracks and send them to the big entertainment companies, hoping they'd sell. I quickly plugged in the thumb drive, and searched for the folder. Surprisingly, there was only one. And it was titled, "Only Tears". Hmm, the title seems a bit strange though...but I bet it's an awesome song and hopefully, when Min Jung hears this, she'll stop worrying and everything will get better.

 

I double clicked on the folder and put my headphones on. The intro. What is he saying?!  Then there was a piano playing. The notes, it's not a happy tune...it's a sad one.
No...don't tell me he's...

 

And then I heard the lyrics...."Aish, Hyung you pabo!" I shouted and ruffled my hair. I kind of had a feeling this would happen. He was always unsure of himself. Always, thinking low of himself. It's been like that even when I first met him. I went to take another can of coke from the fridge. I popped it open and gulped the whole thing. And now I'm supposed to send this to Min Jung? Even I can't face her. I'll feel so bad. Hyung...why can't you be confident of yourself for once?! Can't you see how much Min Jung cares for you?...Aish...I ruffled my hair once more. I took out my cell phone and quickly dialed his number.

 

"Sorry, the number you have dialed, is not available.

 

"Muh?! You have got to be kidding me!


      

| Min Jung's P.O.V |

 

"Unnie, gwaenchanhnya? Waegeulae? You've been like this since yesterday." Eun Jung was tugging on my sleeve. 
Yesterday, it was as though I lost my soul. I didn't even leave my room. I just sat in there, with the radio in my arms. Cradling it like a baby. I wouldn't even eat.
Eun Jung was worried so she called Taemin over. 

 

"Min Jung ah, do you want to tell me what's wrong?" Taemin looked at me with concern. I just shook my head and gave a faint smile. 
"I'm going to go to work guys. Have fun at school." I said in a dead voice. I lightly patted Eun Jung's head, barely even look at Taemin and went out. The cd, was in my bag. I need to know something. I need someone to talk to. And I know who that someone is.