Searching.

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

Today's the day. The day I'll find him. I woke up, feeling determined like every other mornings.

 

It's been a week since all of us looked for Sunggyu. He was still not found. We called his cellphone numerous times, but it only went into voicemail.
And he's not at home either. Taemin and Jiyeon went around Seoul to search for him. While me and Junhyung searched the neighbourhood areas. 
It's been a week since we started the search, and even though we still can't find him, I won't give up. Not yet. Not ever. Someday, he will come back to me, to us.

 

"Oh, Taemin ah, Jiyeon ah, come on in!
Everyday before we start, we'd all gather at my house and discussed the places we were going to go. Somehow today, the both of them don't look so enthusiastic as always. Especially Jiyeon. For a girl who's always smiling and jumping around, today she seems kind of, tired. The both of them went in and sat at the dining table while I prepared breakfast. 

 

After placing the half-boiled eggs on the table, I sat down in front of them. "Let's eat! While we do, let's discuss our search areas." I said while having a bite of my toast that was slightly burnt at the edges. Taemin and Jiyeon looked at each other and Jiyeon nodded. 

 

"Uh, Min Jung ah.." she said with a wary voice. I looked up, "Neh?"
She glanced at Taemin who was busily eating his breakfast and gulped. "Do you...do you think we should just...stop?" I dropped my bread on my plate. "Stop what?" Jiyeon played with the hem of her shirt and shifted in her seat. "Stop, looking for him." At that time, Taemin stopped what he was doing and looked up at me. I felt something clumping in my throat and cleared my throat. 

 

"W-why?" "Min Jung ah, it's been almost over a week. He's still nowhere to be found. Don't you think it's time to, give up?" Taemin said while he reached out to grab my hands on the table. Give up? After coming this far? I took my hands away from him and placed them on my lap. I slowly shook my head, looking at the floor. I'm going to cry again. The lump in my throat keeps coming back.

 

Taemin sighed. "Min Jung ah, maybe it's time to, let go of the past and move forward." He said and again he tried to reach out for my hand. But before he could, I slammed my hands on the table, causing Jiyeon to jump in her seat. My tears were coming out again. And my chest starts to hurt. I took heavy deep breaths and stood up. "Fine, if you guys are giving up, be my guest. But I am not going to give up. Not ever." I took one last look at them and went out. How can he say that? Give up? He of all people should know how much Sunggyu really means to me. Right then I heard thunder and the first few drops of rain fell.

 

I pull my hoodie on and continue walking. I'm not sure where but at the same time I don't care. I am going to find him no matter what. I started to look at the places that we've been to, like the playground. By the time I got there, the rain started to pour. I didn't bring an umbrella. And my hair was sticking all over my face. The playground was of course empty. I tried to think of other places. That's right! We met at the cafe for the first time.

 

I quickly made my way towards the cafe and by the time I got there, I was soaking wet. As I entered the cafe, the coldness makes it worse. The people there were also looking at me. Water is dripping from my hair and jeans with my hair sticking to my forehead. One of the staffs approached me. "Can I help you miss?" He was looking at me from head to toe. He must have thought I was some lunatic, coming into a cafe all wet. I bowed at him and left the cafe. I wanted to go to his house my I knew for sure he wouldn't be there. Other than that, I didn't know where else to go.

 

Oppa, how long are you going to keep this up? I walked slowly. I didn't care if I was getting soaked in the rain. At least people won't know I'm crying. I wrapped my arms around myself, keeping warm. I didn't want to go home yet. Maybe I should just go to the studio. Junhyung should be there right? And maybe, maybe he'll tell me what to do. The cafe was a little bit far from the studio and it would take about a fifteen minute's walk. But in this weather, I think I might take a little longer than fifteen minutes. I could take the bus, but people would stare at me. Might as well just walk anyway. 

 

"Oh, Min Jung ah, what are you doing in the rain?" Junhyung was at the door, in his glasses and a pencil stuck above his ears. I just gave him a faint smile, "Oppa..." and suddenly I seemed to lost control of my balance and fell towards him. He managed to catch me before I fall down. "Min Jung ah! Min Jung ah!" I wanted to answer him, but my voice doesn't seem to come out. My body felt weaker and weaker and I was shivering. Junhyung carried me and laid me on the couch. He rushed to get some blankets and put it over me. He placed the back of his hands on my forehead. 

 

"Min Jung ah, you're burning up!" The lights in the studio were dim but somehow I find it hard to open my eyes. It's as though the light was blinding me. And before I knew it, the world around turned dark and the last thing I remembered was Junhyung shaking me and shouting my name. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Junhyung's P.O.V |

 

she's burning up. What was she doing in the rain?
I placed the blanket over her. Her eyes were shaking. I grabbed her by the shoulders. "Min Jung ah! Min Jung ah!" Looks like she fainted. , what am I supposed to do? I thought for a while and then took out her cellphone from her bag. 

 

"Taemin ah, can you come by the studio now? And on your way, get some medicine. Something's happened to Min Jung. Ppalli!" I flipped off the cell phone. I knelt down beside her and took her hands. She was shivering. I took off the jacket I was wearing and put it over her. Min Jung ah...were you looking for Hyung?
It's been over a week. We still couldn't find him. But she, she was so positive. After the end of every search, she'll always smile to us and say, "It's okay. I'm sure we'll find him tomorrow!" Her face might be happy but deep down, I know she's shattered. Among us, she must really be the most devastated. 

 

But she's strong. And that's why she's able to smile. Able to disguise her sadness. I knew she didn't want us to worry about her. But by doing all this, it's making us even more worried. Hyung, can't you see what you're doing to her?

 

Right then Taemin entered with Jiyeon. He quickly came beside Min Jung and touched her forehead. "Min Jung ah, ireona." He took her hands and soflty rubbed his hands. His face looked as though he was about to fall apart too. "Hyung, what happened to her?" He said without taking his eyes off her. This kid really does care about her. I sighed and rubbed my temples. "She was looking for Hyung and got caught in the rain." At that moment, his expression changed. He looked, angry. He suddenly stood up and went outside.

 

"Y-yah Taemin ah! Where are you going?" Jiyeon was about to follow him but I stopped her. "Just let him go. Can you help me with Min Jung?" I said as I looked at the medicine bag she was holding. She looked at Min Jung and then to me. She nodded. I stood up and make way for her. I sat down on the couch opposite and started to think. Where on Earth can he be? Come on Junhyung ah...you've known him for years, where could he go? I tapped my pencil on my thighs and thought hard.

 

That's it...that must be where he is

 

I went up to the two girls and reached out for Min Jung's cell phone again.
"Taemin ah, eodiya? Listen, I think I might know where he might be. I'll text you the address." Jiyeon was done with Min Jung's medication. Min Jung's shivering has stopped and she looks more relaxed now. I sighed in relief. Jiyeon stood and faced me while I typed out the address to Taemin. "Oppa, do you know where he could be?" She put her hands together. Jiyeon is worried about Min Jung too. 

 

"I'm not sure if he's there but, we'll have to hope that he is. It's the last place I can possibly think of." I patted her shoulders to reassure her. She looked a bit relieved but then turned back to Min Jung. She took her hands and gently rubbed them together. "I hope you're right. I can't bear to see her like this." I nodded.
 

Min Jung ah, everyone cares a lot about you. Please stay strong.

 

Taemin texted me back saying he got the address and that he's heading over to the place. I closed the cell phone and placed it in Min Jung's bag again. Jiyeon fell asleep with on the floor with her head on the couch. Her hands were still holding on to Min Jung. I grabbed another blanket and placed it over her.

 

Hyung, come back soon.