A Secret.

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

"Taemin ah..."

 

What is he doing here...I thought he has dance practice...Wait, did he see me and Jiyeon together...?

 

"Min Jung ah, what are you doing here?"

I didn't realize I was still on the ground when Taemin bend down and reached for my hand to pick me up. I reached out for his hand and he pulled me up. 
The moment I stood up, our face were inches away from each other. His eyes were staring right at mine, no, it's like he's looking right through me, looking 
at my thoughts.
And then his eyes moved and it was staring at my lips. I could feel it, his eyes, tracing the outlines of my lips. 
 

Right then, his head tilted to an angle...and he started to lean in closer.

 

Oh my god, this is it.
I'm about to get my first kiss taken away from my best friend.
I didn't know what to do so I just closed my eyes...
I can feel his breath right on my lips, getting warmer and warmer and suddenly....

 

'Min Jung ah!!

 

Taemin opened his eyes and stepped back. 

 

Right behind him I saw Sunggyu running towards us with my coat in his hands.
When he came, he was panting. Was he running all the way here?

 

"Yah, Min Jung ah, you left your coat behind back at the cafe. I thought I would catch up to you if I ran and it looks like I did.
"Gomawo Sunggyu oppa!" I said and took my coat from him. But instead he went to me and helped me put my coat on.
While Sunggyu was busy with me and my coat, Taemin stood there, his eyes fixed on Sunggyu. He seems, different. Kinda like he's mad at 
Sunggyu for some reason. I was about to ask when he cleared his throat, "Ahem, Min Jung ah, I'll get going. I have practice to attend."

 

"Neh, annyeong." I replied and he walked off without even looking back. I wonder what's wrong. I was staring at Taemin when suddenly Sunggyu waved his hands in front of my face.

 

"Yah, who's that? Is he your friend?" Sunggyu said with a confused look.
I just smiled and nodded. "Oppa, thanks for bringing my coat. I'll get going now."
I was about to walk away when he pulled my arm, "Hey, we didn't get a chance to get to know each other more. We got interrupted remember?"
He said and smiled.

 

Ahh, there's that eye smile of his again...

 

"Let's go and have dinner together so we can talk.
He held my hand and started pulling me along. His hands were warm and it held on to mine tightly. Our fingers were interlocked.
And then my heart started to flutter. 
Eotteokke...my heart is beating super fast and I can feel myself blushing...
Thank God it was getting dark so no one could see, not even Sunggyu.

 

*****************

We went into a BBQ restaurant and when the food was served, Sunggyu told me not to do anything and let him cook all the meat for me.
He seems to be enjoying himself cause he kept smiling and looking at me. But he didn't really look me in the eyes though. As though
he was avoiding eye contact for some reason. Hmm...
Then I saw a beads of sweat forming on his forehead so I took a napkin, leaned forward and helped wiped it off since he was busy cooking.

That was when he suddenly looked up at me and our eyes met for the first time...

"Uh, sorry, you were sweating and your hands were busy so I thought I'd help."

My heart was beating fast again and I felt blood rushing through my veins.

Sunggyu's ears turned red too. And he started sweating even more! Wait don't tell me he's feeling embarrassed too...?
I took another napkin to wipe his forehead again when he reached to my hands....
"
Gwaenchanhnya, thanks but I'll do it. Oh wait you know what, I think I'm gonna go to the restroom for a while. Excuse me."
And he suddenly stood up almost bumping into an ajusshi behind him, "Sorry about that." He said and quickly went to the toilet.

 

Why is he being so clumsy all of a sudden? I shook that thought away and continued to barbeque the rest of the remaining meat.
A few minutes later Sunggyu came back looking more relaxed than before. "Are you okay?" I asked.
"Yeap much better thanks." He said and smiled. 
He picked up his chopsticks and started placing the meat and other condiments in a cabbage leaf. Then he offered it to me.
"Aaah!" He said, asking me to open my mouth,

 

Oh my god, he's gonna feed me?

I didn't want him to wait so I quickly opened my mouth and ate it. "Is it nice?"
My mouth was still full so I only managed to make an "mmph" sound and nodded my head. "Aigoo, you're so cute!" He said and patted my head.
After that we started talking about each other. Sunggyu didn't let me eat by myself though, he keeps feeding me with his own hands. 
I didn't even use my chopsticks. But somehow, I don't seem to mind..

 

Time passed and it was getting dark. I told him that I have to get home to Eun Jung and he insisted on sending me back. I told him that my apartment was just a few blocks away when he suddenly grabbed my hands and started walking...in the wrong direction. I giggled and tapped his shoulders, "I'm still sending you back home no matter what okay?" he said. I giggled some more and tapped him again. "I told you, I'm go-" Right then I covered his mouth to stopped him from saying anymore, "Oppa, I'm happy that you're sending me home but uh, it's that way." I giggled and pointed to the right direction.

 

At that moment I swear I saw Sunggyu blush. His ears turned red again. "I was uh- just testing you."He cleared his throat and this time pulled me in the right direction. I didn't know he can be cute too...

 

We walked in silence and it was then when I realized that we were still holding hands with our fingers interlocked. His hands fit perfectly into mine and it was warm too. I didn't mind and I didn't want to let go either. But before I knew it, we reached. Apparently we went up all the way to my rooftop house. He then lets go of my hands and bowed, "We've arrived at your castle your Highness." he said jokingly. My hands suddenly felt empty...

"Thanks." I said and reached in my bag for my keys. I opened the door and looked back at him. "So uh...-"

 

Suddenly I felt something hot pressing against my lips. I dropped all my stuff on the floor and I could feel his hands pulling me closer. 
Then our tongues started to venture each other's mouths....It just feels so good...and my arms naturally wrapped around his neck. I can feel him smiling against my lips.
My heart was beating so fast and my mind was going crazy too..my first kiss...with Sunggyu.

 

We then broke off, catching our breaths again and all I could say was, "Wow..."
Sunggyu had the same expression as me and his face looks flustered. 
"Oppa, I-" Sunggyu put his hands on my lips and whispered to me, making me have goosebumps all over.
"Let's keep this a secret from Junhyung and everyone else okay?

All I could do was nod and feel embarrassed. "See you at work tomorrow, my princess."
He then kissed me on the cheek and left.

 

I closed the door behind me and touched my lips. I can still feel his touch, his kiss...did that really happen?
That night, I couldn't sleep and kept thinking aboout what happened, smiling to myself.