My Knight In Shining Armor

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

The cafe at the corner of my neighbourhood is where me and Taemin always hang out. Back when Dad didn't go bankrupt and when I could afford to buy the coffee here. After Dad's bankruptcy, and Taemin joing SM, I rarely go here anymore. Except when Taemin finishes his dance practices earlier than ususal. We shared alot of stuff here; gossips, secrets, problems and even tell each other about our crushes. Well, I was the only one talking about guys. Taemin just sat there and listened with a smile on his face. He said he isn't really into all those dating stuff and even if he does fall in love, the other person wouldn't notice him. 

 

Why won't they notice him? He's tall, good looking, kind and sweet...a guy every girls wants.

 

I was busy thinking about the past memories in that cafe when someone tapped me on my shoulders. "Min Jung ah" When I turned my head, I was surprised to see Taemin, his face slightly nearer to mine. I blushed and slightly pushed him away.

 

"Yah, don't ever do that again! You scared the hell out of me.."
"Ouch! You're still as violent as ever." He rubbed his arm where I pushed him and smiled at me. Wow, what a nice smile..He took a seat right beside me.
And suddenly my heart was racing. When did he become so good looking? I mean, before he was also good looking but my heart has never beat this fast for him before. The waiter came and Taemin ordered coffee for us and some snacks. While he was ordering, I managed to examine him for a bit. Something was different about his hair. It was much longer than before, and much curlier too. That's cute..And while he was talking to the waiter, I can't help but stare at his lips. They looked so beautiful..for a guy. His skin looks nice and there were no blemishes at all. Does being a trainee in a big entertainment company has to do with this? I was busy staring at him that I didn't notice he was doing the same thing too. When I realised he was also staring back at me with those beautiful eyes of his, I blushed.

 

"Yah, what are you thinking about huh? Why is your face red?" Taemin said and at the same time he flicked my forehead. He always did that when I start to daydream. I quickly shook my head and looked at the table. Gahhh....that was so embarrassing!  Then suddenly Taemin cupped his hands around my face. That made me blush even more. What was he trying to do? "Min Jung ah, are you okay? You're not having a fever are you?"

 

Fever. Eun Jung. That's right! I suddenly remembered why we're meeting in the first place. I took his hand away from my face and told him everything that has happened. Taemin's happy face was gone and is now replaced with and angry and worried face.

 

"How could they do that to you?! They're your parents for crying out loud! You're their responsibility!" Taemin got so worked up that he almost knocked over our coffee from the table. I managed to calm him down and told him that I was planning to look for a job. At that instant, Taemin's face lit up. He told me that he'll help me look for a job and that he'll transfer half of his savings to my account. Wow...he really is my bestfriend. "Taemin ah,  thank you so much!" I hugged him as hard as I can and suddenly, I can hear myself sobbing. I'm crying?

 

Taemin slightly patted my back and made hush sounds, claming me. He really is a nice guy. He looks so skinny but in his arms, I fit so perfectly well. I felt, warm and happy. After all that crying, Taemin told me that he needs to go for his dance practice and he wanted to send me home. I told him that he'll be late but then he said, " A pretty girl like you shouldn't be out in the streets alone at night." and then he winked at me, grabbed my stuff and went out. I swear my heart actually skipped a beat when he winked. Why is that so? I shrugged it off and went to catch up with him.