The Pain.

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

"Oppa, you knew about it didn't you?

 

I was standing right in front of him, with my arms folded. He stopped what he was doing but he didn't dare to look up. I started tapping my feet on the ground. "Oppa." I said with a stern voice. He let out a sigh and leaned back on his seat."You knew about it and you didn't tell me? I can't believe this." I said as I threw my hands up in the air. I was frustrated. Too frustrated that the tears were coming out again....No Min Jung ah...don't you dare cry again, you've cried enough...I scolded myself. But to no avail. The tears keep coming out. And my chest starts to hurt again. 

 

I clutched my chest and fell on my knees. Why is it so difficult to breathe? I gasped for air, but everytime I do, the pain get's worse. 
"Min Jung ah! Gwaenchanhnya?" Junhyung went beside me and helped me up. He brought me to the couch and pulled me in for a hug.

 

"Shh...shh.." He rocked me from side to side, burying my face in his chest. "I'm...I'm sorry Min Jung ah. I knew what happened between you two but...I didn't know it was going to end like this." I just kept quiet, and let my tears keep flowing. 

 

After a few minutes, it got easier to breathe, and I've calmed down abit. But I still didn't let go of him, and neither did he. "Oppa...where do you think he went?Why...why do you think he did this?" I said without looking up at him. He let out a loud sigh and looked at me, wiping the tears from my cheeks. I know, I looked horrible, but he doesn't seem to care. "I don't know where he went but, there's something you need to know about Sunggyu Hyung." I held his hands and nodded. 

 

"A few years ago, his parents left him. Because of debt. He was just like you Min Jung ah. Except, he was alone and you have Eun Jung." Now that I think about it, Sunggyu never mentioned his parents at all. "And after they left, Hyung kept blaming himself. He also didn't have a lot of friends. He was scared that if he were to be close to people, they'd leave him one day. Just like his parents."

 

"But why?" "He thought he was never good enough. He kept thinking he was being a burden and that was why his parents left him."

 

So he's insecure about himself? Is that why..he left me? "Min Jung ah, did..did Hyung say anything to you..you know that shows his insecure about something?
I thought long and hard. He has always been so happy and cheerful. There wasn't a time I've seen him sad. Hold on a minute...

 

...."I feel like he'll snatch you away from me someday." "What? Don't be silly." "No listen, everytime he's with you, I get so, insecure. Maybe because he's younger than I am, or because he's an awesome dancer, and also good looking and knows more about you than I do. And I feel so small when he's around."........

 

I didn't really took notice of how he felt back then. I just thought he was worrying about something so simple. But what I didn't know was that to him, it meant a lot. I should have noticed this earlier. But he was always so cheerful and happy when he's around me. Never have I seen him sad...and that was the night he told me about how he felt about Taemin. Wait, does this mean his insecurities are because of ... Taemin? That, can't be, right? So it's Taemin's fault that he...ran away?

 

I told Junhyung everything he said that night, and he kept quiet for a while. "Taemin can't be blamed. Like I said, Hyung always looks down on himself." So it's not Taemin's fault then? That's good. 

 

Sunggyu only disappeared because he felt like a burden to me. Because he felt that he's not good and that I was going to leave him sooner or later. Which isn't true and he doesn't know that. I have to find him. Tell him, that I love him. Tell him that, without him, life seems so meaningless...."Oppa, we have to find him. His insecurities, he should be able to overcome it sooner or later right? At least, with some help? If we start looking for him now, it won't bbe too late. Oppa, will you help me?" I took his hand and gave it a light squeeze.

 

Junhyung ruffled my hair and smiled. "Yah, he's my Hyung. Of course I'll help. And also because, I don't want to see our Min Jung crying again." He said and pinched my cheek. I slapped his hands away and he pulled me into a hug, his chin resting on my head and my head, leaning against his chest. Just as I thought, he's like a brother. After omma and appa left, I thought I lost everyhing. But instead, I gained new friends, whom I can call my family. Sunggyu, Taemin, Junhyung, Eun Jung and Jiyeon, they're my family now. I cherish them the most. And now, one of them is missing. I have no time to sit around and cry all day. Not like when omma and appa left. 

 

Oppa, where can you be? I'm missing you so much. Until I find you again, please be safe. I am not going to lose another person that I love again. Not this time. Because now, I'm stronger. 

 

"Yah, are you crying again?" "Ani, I'm not." I smiled as a tear rolled down my cheek.

 

Please come back, my prince..