The Start Of Everything

After Every Storm, There's Always A Rainbow

"Mom! Dad! Where are you guys going?!
Come back! We need you! I need you! Where are you guys?!
Stop! Eun Jung and I need you guys! Don't leave!
"

 

Then I woke up, panting and sweating..it was just a dream...no, it was a nightmare....
I got up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. After drinking like 3 cups of water I stopped and let out a huge, long sigh. I looked at the time: 6.00 A.M
Time to get ready for school. I walked towards my room to change into my uniform when I suddenly remebered..I'm expelled. I let out a small laugh. Eun Jung was still having a slight fever so she doesn't have to go to school today. I quickly bathed and cleaned up the house. 

 

While cleaning, I found out that almost all of my parents stuff were gone. Mom's make-up and accessories are missing. She must have brought those with her, or sold it to someone to get some money so that she and Dad can leave town...Dad's laptop is gone. Must have sold that away too..
Then something caught my eye. There was a small box at the top of the shelf where Mom always keeps her jewelleries. I tip toed and reached for it. It was a bit dusty but the box looked like a jewelry box. An expensive jewelry box. Did Mom accidentally leave it behind? Hmm, maybe it's empty. I tossed the box into the recyling bag and placed it beside the front door so I can throw it out later.
 

 

"Unnie...what are you doing?" Eun Jung was at the door of our room, scratching her eyes. I walked up to her and slightly patted her head.
"I'm cleaning up a bit, so go back and sleep okay dear?" I smiled and lead her into our room again. "But it's time for school. Aren't you gonna be late?" I hesitated for a while and then told her that I was expelled. Fortunately her reaction wasn't so big, but it did make her feel much awake than before. She just smiled and told me it's okay. Then she took her towel and uniform and headed towards the bathroom, but i stopped her from her tracks. "You're still having a slight fever so no school for you too okay?"

 

"I'm okay seriously. I can handle a bit of fever. And besides, I have a test today." She stick out her tongue and ran into the bathroom. It's good that she's staying strong after what happened... I smiled to myself and head to the kitchen to cook some breakfast for Eun Jung and myself. Except that when I opened the fridge, it was almost empty. There was only a carton of milk which was already half empty and two eggs. Great..they ran off with the food too? Just then the doorbell rang.  "Min Jung ah! Annyeong!" Taemin was standing right in front of my door with two big plastic bags. He bought us breakfast...that's so sweet of him..Then I remebered the kiss on the cheek he gave me last night and started blushing again.."Annyeong, come on in."

"Taemin oppa!" Eun Jung screamed and started running towards him. Taemin hugged her and lifted her off the ground and started spinning her around. She looks so happy...Eun Jung is like a little sister to Taemin. Whenever Taemin wins some prize money from mini dance competitions in our neighbourhood, he would always bring us out and treat us to dinner. But eversince he became a trainee, Eun Jung hardly ever see him anymore.

 

After eating breakfast, Eun Jung head to school while me and Taemin cleaned up. "Min Jung ah, what's this?" Taemin was holding the box that I threw in the recyling bag and dangling from his other hand was a necklace. I walked up to him and inspected the necklace. Min Jung was engraved on it. Mom must have made this for me. Wow...I wonder why she left this here.."Here let me put it on for you. Turn around." Then suddenly Taemin's hands went over me and he moved my long hair in front of my shoulders so that he can put on the necklace for me. At the same time, whenever his fingers touched the back of my neck, my heart beats faster..The same feeling I had when his face was inches away from me yesterday..what could it be? "There, all done. Are you ready? We're gonna go out and look for a job." And he walked out the front door saying he'll wait outside while I get changed. He seemed nervous. I wonder why..Anyway, I looked at the necklace in the mirror. Why did Mom leave such an expensive looking necklace behind? 

I took my bag and coat, and open the door to find Taemin beaming. "Let's go find you a job." He smiled.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Okay! Just got back from a wedding and had TONS of ideas swarming into my head....RUSHED BACK HOME SO THAT I CAN WRITE IT....