Hurry Up, Hurry Up, Confess.

Love Is...

Xander had to admit, he was a bit nervous, but Dongho was practically rigid. He had to wonder what Dongho thought he was going to do to him before he grabbed his dongsaeng's hand and smiled warmly, “You okay, Dongho?”

 

Dongho took a deep breath and nodded, “Yeah, I'm great.”

 

Xander chuckled, “You seem nervous about something, are you sure?”

 

“You know how I liked Kevin, right?” Dongho blurted, surprising Xander.

 

“Yeah...” Xander replied cautiously, was this where Dongho said he had no feelings for his old band mate?

 

“Well...I...I liked him for a really long time,” Dongho continued as they walked down the street. Xander wasn't worried about anyone overhearing their conversation, as everyone passing seemed too absorbed in their own life to pay any kind of attention to their drama.

 

“I know, I saw, remember?” Xander nervously chuckled, letting go of Dongho's hand he had realized he was still holding.

 

“Right.” Dongho nodded, “Well...recently, I've been forgetting all about my feelings for Kevin. I see how happy he is with Eli, and I can't help but think that I could never make him that happy, you know? So, I've been able to let him go, you know?”

 

“That's great...?” Xander congratulated questioningly. “I mean, have you been okay?”

 

“Strangely, yes. I've been completely fine about it all.” Dongho shrugged, “It makes me wonder whether I even liked him at all, at least, not really, you know?”

 

“That's good, at least you're not upset over it.”

 

“I can't help but think that...maybe it's because of you.” Dongho began, his cheek beginning to turn red.

 

Xander's heart sped up, hope rising in his chest. “How so?” He asked, trying with all his might not to sound eager, but the slight hitch to his voice, he feared, gave him away.

 

“I don't know...” Dongho continued without acknowledging Xander's happiness, “I think....maybe I...like you.”

 

Xander stopped, not expecting Dongho to be so forward about it. “What?”

 

Dongho stopped now, too, and began stuttering, “I-I didn't mean to s-say that!” Dongho exclaimed, and began walking quickly away again. Xander ran after him.

 

“Wait, Dongho!” Xander chuckled, grabbing hold of Dongho's wrist, “It's okay.” He smiled, placing his other hand on the side of Dongho's face and tried to hold back a laugh.

 

Dongho's eyes filled with tears, “Why are you laughing at me?” Dongho took a few steps back, “I just told you I liked you, and now you're laughing at me...”

 

When Xander realized his mistake, his eyes widened, “No, no, nonono, Dongho, I didn't mean it like that.”

 

“Then what?” Dongho asked, jaw set, Xander could tell he had some backpedaling to do.

 

“Can we...go someplace where we could talk?” Xander sighed. “My hotel is just around the corner here.” Nodding, Dongho agreed.

 

The two blocks to Xander's hotel was silent, and awkward. He wanted to say what was on his mind right then and there, but he couldn't. Not in public. Both of them had careers to worry about. Public image.

 

“Why were you laughing?” Dongho started right away, angry Xander wouldn't just say it.

 

“I wanted to tell you first.” Xander said, “it's why I arranged for us to meet alone like this. I had something so cheesy and humiliating planned.”

 

“Wait, you like me?” Dongho asked, sitting on the bed, a shocked expression on his face.

 

“I-yes.” Xander said, “I do like you, a lot, in fact.”

 

“You do?”

 

“I do. Why would I lie about that?” Xander sat next to Dongho on the bed.

 

“I...I don't know.”

 

“And...and you like me, too, right?” Xander nodded.

 

“Well, yeah. I mean, I've been thinking about it a lot, you know. How you're always here for me, and how much you care for me.” Dongho played with his fingers in his lap, “I figured, if I could fall in love with anyone, it would be you.”

 

“Are you sure it's not just because you are getting over Kevin?” Xander asked, hoping that his gut feeling was wrong. “I mean, it's hard loving someone who doesn't love you back, and it's even harder getting over them.”

 

“It's...it's not because of Kevin, Xander. I really like you, for real. I just...” Dongho sighed, “I just projected my feelings for you onto Kevin because I knew you weren't going to be able to return them. Especially since we won't be able to keep in touch that well.”

 

“Who says?” Xander interrupted. “Haven't we been keeping in touch recently? We've been talking almost everyday, about important stuff, stupid stuff, and just...normal stuff. If there's something I can do, it's keep in touch with someone I love.”

 

“The point is, Xander, I've had these feelings for you for a while, and...and it took me this long to realize this. So it's not because of Kevin.”

 

Xander smiled, taking Dongho's hand, “That's great, Dongho. I'm really happy.”

 

Dongho returned the smile and kissed his hyung's cheek. “I'm really happy you feel the same.” Dongho watched Xander's face as his cheeks flared. “Where does this leave us? Do you want to be in a relationship with me?”

 

Xander was confused, “Why did you think I had all this planned? Of course I want a relationship with you, pabo.”

 

Dongho hit Xander's shoulder playfully and laughed, “Good. Because I wasn't going to let you say no.”

 

“You weren't?” Xander's eyebrows rose.

 

“Nope. You're stuck with me.”

 

“Bummer.” Xander rolled his eyes, trying hard not to smile, but as Dongho hit him once more, he laughed along with the mankae.

 

After having to wait so long, I'm sorry for such a pathetic update. I've been having trouble writing this because I feel no inspiration. I think I'm just going to skip everything else I had planned, and have like...one more chapter to explain how they all live happily ever after in their big gay fest of homouality.

I'm really sorry, guys. I want to thank SweetMel for even giving me some of the ideas what I've had lately, and talking to me and fangirling with me. But, I really think after I'm done writing this story, I'm off AFF for good. It's just getting too hard to write with everything going on in my life now, and I just don't have any motivation. Sorry, guys. I love all of you, really. You're amazing subscibers and I probably wouldn't have made it this far if there weren't over 100 of you guys.

Once again, I'm sorry. But, I'm not going to just stop posting this. I will try my absolute hardest to get the last chapter out within the next week or two, and then I'm done. You guys rock, remember that. And I'm sorry this chapter is so short, and probably full of mistakes. As I've said before, I posted it without editing in fear of waiting a couple more weeks before I even thought about posting it. So...

yeah...Sorry....again.