Genie For Your Wish

Love Is...

Soohyun groaned and sat back hard against the puffy leather of the booth's seats, "Hoony, am I a bad leader?" He asked, rubbing his eyes vigorously with his fingertips.


"What?" Hoon's surprised voice seemed to be raised a couple octaves than normal, "No you're not! How could you even think that?" It was almost ten at night as they sat together in the small restaurant, the only ones present at this time of night. But, Hoon had a sweet tooth and Soohyun tagged along.


"The only one who has been behaving like normal is Dongho, and that's not saying much." Soohyun pointed out, "Kiseop has been quiet, even for him, and he is always frowning and even more shocking, avoiding Jaeseop. Kevin has been clinging with everyone else except Eli, who he pretends doesn't exist. Eli...well, he's been spacing out more than usual and Jaeseop has just been cranky."


Hoon nodded, having noticed the strange behavior of the rest of the members over the passed two days as well. "Though all of it's true, I don't see how any of that is your fault, Soohyun." Hoon pointed out, frowning. As the waiter came with their dessert, they both quieted and thanked the thin man.


"A leader is supposed to take care of their members and make sure everyone is happy, but I don't know how to do that when no one will talk to me. I've asked them all if they wanted to talk but they all shook their heads and walked away. Do they not trust me?" Soohyun stressed, and it broke Hoon's heart to see his teddy bear so upset.


"Sooie, no, it's not that...everyone just has some problems to deal with, on their own, we all have problems like that sometimes, you know?"


Soohyun nodded, but Hoon could tell the words hadn't sunk in. He sighed and began eating his yummy sundae as Soohyun slowly began his. "Y-yah..." Hoon started nervously, looking up at Soohyun, who was already staring at Hoon, "I wish you'd see what you do for us, really, Soohyun. You're an amazing leader and person...”

 

“Hoonie...” Soohyun began, “You don't have to say thi-”

 

“Yes, I do!” Hoon almost shouted, he had been stewing under the surface for a couple days like this, just growing more and more frustrated with how Soohyun treated himself. “You always put yourself down like you're worthless, but you know what? You mean the world to me, and...and how can you say you love me, when you hate yourself?” Hoon looked at his half finished sundae and felt sick, “How can you honestly say you know love?”

 

“Hoon, wait.” Soohyun dropped a wad of cash onto the table to cover for the meal and followed quickly after Hoon as he left the restaurant. “Hoon!” Soohyun caught Hoon's wrist and turned him around. Hoon hung his head to hide the tears that were threatening to spill from his eyes.

 

Hoon pulled his hand away from Soohyun's, “Soohyun, I love you, you know that. But...I don't like the way you do this to yourself. You have to stop blaming yourself for every little thing that goes wrong. Sometime stuff happens and you can't control it, and you don't have to. You're not a superhero, you don't have super powers, you can't pretend like you do. You're only going to make yourself sick.” Hoon admonished.

 

Hoon sighed, looking down after his rant, Soohyun just stood there, shocked. He never would have guessed Hoon would blow up at him, and especially not so suddenly. He thought their relationship was good, perfect even. He had no idea Hoon felt this way towards him.

 

“Hoon, I-” Soohyun began, but was at a complete loss for words.

 

Hoon stepped close to him and his cheek lovingly, “I know, Soohyun. You can't help it, it's just the way you are, but...” Hoon sighed, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend, “I just wish you'd think better of yourself sometimes. Most times. Always.” Hoon kept correcting himself.

 

“I...” Soohyun reciprocated the hug, “I don't know what I can promise for sure, Hoon, but I can try.” Soohyun resolved. “Your wish is my command.”

 

Hoon pulled back and quirked his eyebrow, “Are you my genie?” Soohyun nodded and Hoon's face lifted into a mischievous grin. Slowly, Soohyun returned the grin and they headed to Hoon's empty place as his brother was visiting his family for the weekend.

 

….

 

Jaeseop paced his apartment back and forth, trying to come up with a reason that Kiseop was acting so strangely towards him, and giving more and more attention to Kevin. Biting his lip, Jaeseop came to the only conclusion that made sense at the moment.

 

The two had something going on.

 

It would only make sense after Eli and Kevin broke up. Kevin was free, Kiseop was always hanging on Kevin. Kiseop must have taken Kevin's heartbreak as an opportunity. And Kiseop was only Kevin's rebound.

 

Jaeseop didn't like the sound of that. Definitely not. He couldn't bear the thought of his Kiseop being used like that.

 

What was he thinking, Kiseop wasn't his. And would never be his.

 

Discontent, Jaeseop finally sat down and began to work on some new lyrics. But, with his predicament running endlessly through his brain, he couldn't concentrate for long, or even sit still long enough to properly begin writing.

 

It was getting ridiculous, what Kiseop did to him even without knowing.

 

The silly ulzzang could so much as look at him and drive him crazy. Everything Kiseop did, Jaeseop saw and loved. The way he ate, laughed, smiled, and existed. Kiseop's pure existence was a source of happiness for Jaeseop.

 

Now, it was only hurting him as Kiseop spurned his advances. Was Jaeseop rejected before he had even confessed, or was there something else going on in that weird head of his? Jaeseop just wanted to hold Kiseop in his arms as his lover, not his friend.

 

Being Kiseop's friend would be the worst thing to ever happen to Jaeseop as he was so severely in love with the boy it was borderline obsession. After all, that was why the duet was specifically written for Kiseop's vocal range and talents. Jaeseop wanted Kiseop to know. But, as always, the ulzzang only took it as work and treated it seriously as such.

 

Jaeseop dropped the pencil back onto his desk and pushed his chair back. Nothing was working right now.

 

Nothing.

 

The only thing Jaeseop could do was confess outright, and make sure that Kiseop understood his love for him. And, if Kiseop rejected him, Jaeseop couldn't bear the thought and how painful that would be, but eventually, Jaeseop would move on.

 

Because the regret of words not said was always worse than the regret of unrequited love.

 

It's up...later than I planned, but here nonetheless...

I'm so sorry for being a failed author. You may commence your stoning.