The Best and Worst Things

Love Is...

Eli was having a hard time to put it simply. He didn't know why, but he couldn't get Kevin out of his head. It was troubling, and downright annoying. Neither of them had feelings for each other, so why did something still seem so wrong?


There wasn't much he could do about it, though. Kevin had made friends with Kiseop and was hardly ever around him anymore. But...there was just something.

 

Eli ran a frustrated hand through his hair and growled, getting up out of his seat as he went to record more of his raps for their new CD. They were going back to Japan soon, which meant they would all be living together again. Maybe he could figure what that something was while they were all together again, that was all he had to do, right? Wait until he could figure it out.

 

….

 

Stepping off the plane into Japanese soil, Eli was still troubled. Kevin and Kiseop would be rooming together this time around, but he didn't know why it bothered him so much. Eli was usually the one Kevin picked first to room with, it was almost expected that they would room together again. But, then again, now that they weren't a couple, it made no sense for them to.

 

Eli knit is eyebrows together again. It seemed his expression would always be stuck like that. Whatever was nagging at him, he needed to figure it out otherwise he was sure he would go crazy.

 

As they settled into their apartment, setting everything back into their rooms, different this time as Eli was now rooming with Jaeseop and Dongho. Soohyun and Hoon weren't fooling anyone with their relationship, Eli thought and then realized just how messed up everything in the band was.

 

AJ and Kiseop were silently fighting for some reason, and Jaeseop only seemed to get more restless about it day by day, and Soohyun and Hoon felt like they had to hide their relationship. Did they not trust everyone or something? Why did it seem Dongho, the clueless maknae, was the only normal one right now when everyone else seem to be in such turmoil.

 

The Pigeon looked at the aforementioned boy lounging on his bed and looking lazily at his phone, probably playing some sort of game and sighed once again.

 

“Eli hyung, I'm not as clueless as you think.” Dongho suddenly said, startling Eli from his thoughts.

 

“How did you know that's what I was thinking?”

 

“Never mind that. All I'm going to say is that you should just re-evaluate your feelings for Kevin. He lied, you know.”

 

With that, the troublesome maknae left the room and shouted something about being hungry. Had he talked to Kevin about something? Or overheard a conversation between Kiseop and Kevin, who were practically attached at the hip?

 

And, what exactly had Kevin lied about?

 

It didn't take more than a second for Eli to realize what it was that had been bothering him after that. Kevin had lied about not loving him. So, then...why did he break up with him? Was it because he could sense Eli no longer felt the same? Eli bit his lip, what was he supposed to do now? He should have picked it up. The little signs when Kevin had lied. Like his nostril flaring, or the uncomfortable shifting, or, for God's sake why hadn't he seen the twitching of his neck muscles? Eli wanted to beat himself up.

 

He still loved Kevin, but not really in the way Kevin still loved him, so he didn't want to see Kevin hurt... and he had hurt him the most with the unbearable pain of having to let someone he loved go. He swore he wouldn't let anyone hurt Kevin, but...but what had he gone and done? He had broken two promises, one he hurt the not-so-innocent angel, and two he left when he said he wouldn't.

 

“God, Kevin.” Eli sighed, walking out of his room and into the kitchen where Hoon was going through a take out and delivery restaurant menu with Dongho, picking out food to order.

 

“What do you want to eat, Eli?” Hoon asked the blond rapper with a questioning gaze.

 

“I'm not hungry.” Eli said, taking some water out of the fridge. Kiseop, Soohyun, Dongho, and Hoon blinked at the blonde in astonishment. Never before had they heard those words pass the man's mouth.

 

“I-is something wrong?” Hoon asked, looking at Eli with concern all over his face.

 

“No, I'm fine...” Eli said and retreated back to his room, his shoulders slumping. The four present exchanged glances, letting their concern show. Was he sick?

 

Kiseop got up from his seat at the table with Soohyun and went into his room he now shared with Kevin, who was lounging on his bed with a magazine. “Kevin?” Kiseop began, “I think something's wrong with Eli...”

 

“Hmm?” Kevin lifted his head, looking at the dancer with feigned curiosity, but, inside, he was screaming for Kiseop to tell him.

 

“He...he said he wasn't hungry and looked really upset about something. I mean, him being hungry is weird enough...” Kiseop stepped farther into the room and sat on Kevin's bed with him. “I promised myself I wouldn't press the issue of you and Eli, but...I can't help it now. What exactly happened with you two?”

 

Kevin sighed, although he still loved Eli, he was getting over the pain. It would take so much longer to get over Eli fully, but he was determined to do it. Flipping the magazine closed, he began telling Kiseop everything. About Eli not loving him anymore, about feeling so hurt after his decision to break up with Eli. His disappointment when Eli hadn't figured out that he was lying. And, still, his love for the stupid pigeon.

 

Kiseop listened and nodded, understanding how it felt to love someone who didn't love you. By the end, Kevin was huddled in Kiseop's arms, crying. Having talked about it, all the feelings he was trying to push down resurfaced and he couldn't take it.

 

“It's okay, Kevin...” Kiseop rubbed circles on his back as Kevin's sobbing quieted, but he didn't let go of the younger boy. There was a knock at the door and it opened after a few seconds with no answer.

 

“Ki...” Jaeseop paused momentarily as he took in the scene of the two boys embracing and cleared his throat, “Kiseop, Kevin, lunch is here...” AJ then bowed out of the room and the door shut with a click.

 

Kiseop bit his lip, feeling his own tears begin in his eyes at AJ's witness to his moment with Kevin. What must he think?

 

“It's okay, Kiseop...” Kevin comforted now, “He'll come around...”

 

“Not in the way that matters, Kevin.” Kiseop stood and went out to eat something.

 

Meanwhile, Jaeseop chewed his food slowly, sitting in between Hoon and Dongho. He was nervous, and upset. Kiseop wouldn't possibly be able to accept his feelings, not when he loved Kevin. He couldn't make the ulzzang choose, could he? That would be cruel. Plus, there was no way such a beautiful individual could love someone who lacked as AJ did. The only thing AJ had going for him in comparison to Kiseop was his smarts and lyric writing talents. And Kiseop could write lyrics if he tried.

 

He had helped a little with Obsession, after all.

 

AJ cursed himself for falling in love with someone so out of his league. But, there was no going back now, and he didn't even really regret it. Because falling in love with Kiseop was the best thing that had ever happened to him, even if it caused him so much pain.

 

I didn't even take the time to edit, because I felt if I did, you'd have to wait a long time agian. I'll try and work on this story as much as I can, but I can't for sure promise anything. I'll try to write as much as I can today... I feel like this is going to end sometime soon, as well... Maybe not REALLY soon, but there's not much left to do with this story as everything is unfolding...

okay, anyway, have fun reading and I hope it doesn't disappoint you too much. XP