You are the Only Exception

Love Is...

Kiseop felt much like a teenage girl, especially when he had to repress the urge to giggle every time Jaeseop tried to feed him chicken, but he couldn’t keep the heat from rushing up to his cheeks. The variety show they were on today wasn’t anything special, in fact, it was a tad boring to Kiseop, so it was nice to be on break and have fun with all the members.

 

Even Dongho added to the fun, instead of sleeping. Kiseop really thought the poor kid did too much, even without complaining, but Kiseop was still a little worried about him. About all his fellow members. Especially Kevin after he left the room without eating anything and Kiseop thought he looked a tad bit upset.

 

And he didn’t even want to think about how Hoon was. Kiseop pouted as Jaeseop and him cleaned the tables and things from their lunch, Jaeseop nudged his side with his elbow, “are you okay?” He asked.

 

“Seoppie-cat, have you noticed anything weird between Kevin and Eli?” Kiseop asked, looking up to Jaeseop with the same pout on his face. Jaeseop screwed his mouth to the side and nodded, “I’m worried about them, you know? I mean…” Kiseop, not knowing how to really explain, heaved a sigh.

 

“I get what you mean,” Jaeseop rubbed the top of Kiseop’s head, messing up his hyung’s hair.

 

Upon entering back onto the set for the variety show, none of the members spotted Kevin, Kiseop glanced around and frowned, deciding maybe he was in the bathroom or something as he was headed that way, he spotted Kevin.


"Hey, come on, we're about to start again~!" Kiseop motioned, feeling rather cheerful after lunch with Jaeseop. But, one look at Kevin and all the cheerfulness washed away and was replaced with worry for his friend.


"Right." Kevin nodded, Kiseop thought he heard a slight tremble to his voice. But Kiseop was more concerned with the slightly red eyes and hastily reapplied makeup.


"Are you ok-"


"Yes, I'm fine, Kiseop, let's just go." Kevin nodded and brushed past him before he could even finish his question. Kiseop twisted his mouth to the side and followed behind Kevin anyway.


By the time the show was done filming, the group had to make it back to their dorm in time for dinner, which they were delighted to find Soohyun prepared.


"Wow~! Hyung, you've really improved your cooking skills." Dongho complimented appreciatively as he dug in. Kiseop frowned at the maknae and looked at Soohyun.


"How's Hoon?" he asked, wanting to relieve at least some of his worry.


"Just fine~!" Soohyun replied cheerfully, too cheerful for Soohyun, Kiseop thought considering how stressed he seemed to be lately. "He just ran down the street to get us some drinks."


Kiseop nodded, sitting at the table with his portion of the prepared meal.


Kiseop noticed Kevin wasn't eating anything, merely picking at his food with his chopsticks and frowning. Kiseop looked at Eli then, who was eating obliviously, and then Kiseop was frowning himself. But, since he didn't know what to say, he simply ate his food more, worrying.


"Hi, guys!" Hoon greeted as he walked into the door.


"Hyung!!" Dongho rushed, "are you okay?"


"Yes, perfectly fine, Dongho. It was just a little stomach ache." Hoon smiled, glancing at Soohyun from the corner of his eye and noticed his leader smiling secretively.


"Are you sure? We're flying early tomorrow morning, will you be okay then?" Dongho pestered.


"I should be. Don't worry so much, Dongho." Hoon ruffled the younger boy's hair and sat their drinks down in front of each member and sat down himself as Soohyun handed him a plate of food.


Kiseop observed silently, noticing the strange atmosphere surrounding them. Kevin was brooding, Eli was oblivious, Soohyun super-cheerful, Hoon was being kinder than usual. The only normal ones seemed to be Dongho, Jaeseop, and himself. "I'm going to go to bed early, everyone." Kevin stood up, "Good night."


Eli bid his boyfriend good night with a small wave but Kevin was up and walking away before the rapper could kiss him good night. Eli calmly finished eating and then stood up, excusing himself from the room and following Kevin’s footsteps.

 

Feeling tired himself, Kiseop yawned and stood with his now empty plate, “I’m going to sleep, too, early day tomorrow, you know.” Kiseop bowed and left to his room after placing his dishes in the sink. Gathering the proper clothes for a shower, Kiseop went to wash up and dress in his nice and comfortable pajamas.

 

“Save yourself the trouble tonight, Kishie and just sleep on my bed tonight.” Jaeseop invited, already dressed and washed up for bed. Kiseop blushed heavily and shook his head.

 

“I’ll behave myself tonight and sleep in my own bed, thank you.” Kiseop said defiantly and went to his separate bed. Jaeseop smirked, shaking his head at Kiseop’s cute pout. Honestly, Jaeseop couldn’t say that he has ever met someone quite like Kiseop.

 

Someone who, though they didn’t speak much, could convey their feelings with ease, someone who took care of and worried about everyone around them, like with Hoon and Jaeseop could tell he was worrying about Eli and Kevin, too. Or someone so stingy and competitive, even though he lost all the time at rock, paper, scissors and demanded one more match. Or someone so dorky and fun to be around.

 

Jaeseop sighed as he stared at the ceiling or their dark bedroom, listening for Kiseop’s light snoring and letting his mind fill to the brim with his silly hyung. Jaeseop loved every part of Kiseop’s 4D personality, and wouldn’t change any part of it for the world. Even the brooding and sulky part of Kiseop.

 

Jaeseop didn’t think he could love someone so complex but yet simple in a strange way as Kiseop, or even that he would fall in love with his band member. Kiseop was a lot of exceptions to what Jaeseop had first thought, and again, Jaeseop wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

Once Jaeseop was sure Kiseop had fallen asleep, he dragged himself out of bed and shuffled over to Kiseop’s bed doing his best not to run into anything. Snuggling safely beside Kiseop, Jaeseop brought his arms around his sleeping crush and fell asleep easily. After so long of sleeping beside the warmth Kiseop provided, Jaeseop wasn’t so sure he’d be able to go back to sleeping alone once they got back to Korea.

 

Upon waking, Kiseop felt incredibly warm in the best kind of way, the most comfortable, and sunk deeper into it, and then noticed how the warmth smelled suspiciously like Jaeseop. Opening his eyes, Kiseop smiled and studied Jaeseop’s peaceful face. And then felt bad because he promised he wouldn’t move over into Jaeseop’s bed for the night.

 

That’s when he noticed…he was in his own bed and Jaeseop was the one who had come over to be with Kiseop. Blushing slightly, Kiseop checked the time and quickly shook Jaeseop awake, they were supposed to be leaving for the airport in fifteen minutes.

 

Ahhh~~~~! I'm thinking something should happen with those two already....too fast? I don't think I can take the suspense anymore, they're so frickin' cute. >.<

Also, the next chapter will be ElVin, not SooHoon, because, obviously, ElVin is at a more dramatic place than SooHoon...and I want to get writting the next ElVin chapter over with.... TT.TT

*sigh* I wish I could tell you everything turns out okay....

Poor ElVin, WHY AM I MAKING THEM LIKE THIS?!?!?!?