Why Don't You Say So?

Love Is...

It took a moment for Eli to realize that Kevin was on his bed when he entered his room that night. Kiseop was staying over night at the hospital, but no one was worried as it was just to get his health and nutrient levels up again.

"Kevin?" Eli asked, looking at the boy curled up on his comforter.

He was sleeping. Eli sat on the bed next to Kevin, his feet resting on the ground as he just looked at Kevin while he slept.

He longed to touch the boy who had stolen his bed and sighed. Kevin was too selfless sometimes when it came to Eli. He had broken up with Eli in order for Eli to be happy, disregarding his own happiness.

Eli reached his hand out and ran it once through Kevin's soft locks. He stirred, a smile twitching on his soft pink lips, and moved closer to Eli. Kevin made a tiny content noise when Eli did it again. He wanted so badly to curl up next to Kevin to sleep, but he knew he probably shouldn't.

But, the truth was, Eli was lonely without Kevin. Even before they were a couple, Eli and Kevin were best friends because they connected so well.

If there was anything hidden under the loneliness, Eli didn't want to know. He couldn't dig deep enough for some reason. It was almost as if he was scared of what he might find.

"Screw it." Eli muttered, pulling the blankets off Kevin gently to slide himself in next to the sleeping beauty. Curling an arm around Kevin's waist, Eli brought the boy closer and sighed. He missed Kevin in this way, and he missed Kevin in other ways, too.

Like in their conversations, their laughter, and silly antics. Eli realized he missed everything about his old relationship with Kevin. He missed his dear friend.
Something about that didn't seem right, though...

Dear friend....

Before Eli could place it, he was asleep with his face pressed firmly against Kevin's shoulder.

....

When he woke, Eli was alone. He frowned and sat up, wondering where Kevin had gone. He wanted to ask why Kevin had decided to sleep in his bed that night, but he probably knew the answer.

"Kevin?" Eli knocked on the boy's bedroom door, opening it when he got no response.

Kevin sat with his face pressed into his knees, quiet sobs shaking his shoulders. Eli bit his lip and moved to sit next to him, "Kevin, are you okay?" Eli asked, placing a gentle hand on the boy's shoulder.

Kevin only shook his head to tell Eli that he wasn't okay. "What's wrong?" Eli asked, softly so his voice wouldn't crack.

But Kevin didn't respond. Eli sighed and pulled Kevin into a tight hug.

"I know..." Eli gulped, "I know you lied when you said you didn't love me anymore. I didn't before. And I realize I should have known the moment you said it. I'm so sorry, Kevin." Eli said, tightening his hold on the shaking boy.

"What difference does it make?" Kevin said miserably, "since you don't love me, we both would have suffered. I don't want you to suffer, especially not because of me."

Eli's heart sputtered, he just wanted Kevin to hold him back with his thin arms. "I wasn't suffering, Kevin." Eli whispered, realization dawning slowly in his mind.

He had never fallen out of love with Kevin. He had merely grown accustomed to him, loving Kevin was just so habitual, it sometimes felt like an obligation.

"I..." Eli stuttered, "I didn't stop loving you, Kevin..."

Kevin stilled for a moment, stiff as a board in Eli's grip, "Liar."

"You know when I lie, Kevin. Am I?"

"Then why did you let me break up with you?" Kevin asked, his voice soft and broken. Eli winced and sighed once more.

"I have no idea. I guess...I just I kind of forgot."

"How can you forget you're in love with someone?" Kevin asked, voice tight. But, he was slowly melting into Eli's embrace.

"I had just gotten so used to you being around and loving you, I forgot what it was like for you to be away.  I forgot what it felt like to not be so in love every single moment."

Kevin gave one small sob and wrapped his arms tightly around Eli. "You jerk."

"What?"

"You made me go through all this pain just because you were having an identity crisis. You big, fat, stupid, jerk." There was no heat in Kevin's words as he sunk into the chuckling pigeon.

"Mianhae." Eli buried his face in Kevin's neck, lips brushing the skin softly as he apologized once more. At Eli's third apology, Kevin pulled back.

"Can I kiss you?" Kevin asked, cheeks tinting. Eli chuckled once more and nodded at the shy boy beside him.

And with the permission granted, Kevin kissed Eli. It was soft and a little timid, but it made everything inside Eli burst alive even more. Kevin began to pull back after a couple seconds, but Eli held him in place.

"I'm so sorry you thought I didn't love you. I regret every second we were apart now. I regret it so much. Will you ever forgive me?" Eli muttered, lips moving against Kevin's as he said this. Kevin opened his eyes to gaze intensely into Eli's large doe eyes.

"I never was angry or upset with you. Except the fact that you're incredibly dense." Kevin gave Eli a small smile and kissed him some more.

Before they could get any deeper into their kissing, the door came open and a gaping Dongho stood in the doorway. Eli pulled away from Kevin reluctantly to glare at Dongho.

"So...you two are back together again?" Dongho asked, his voice strained.

"Yeah." Eli nodded, not failing to notice Dongho's strange facial expression. He looked almost...upset at the news. "What's wrong?" Eli asked.

Dongho cleared his throat and looked at the ground, "I'm just worried about Kiseop. They're keeping him another day because he's still not well. That's all I needed to tell you." Dongho then shut the door behind him.

Eli wasn't convinced.

But he didn't think much of it as he finally had Kevin back. Thinking back on it quickly he did think it a bit dense of him to not realize it for so long. They had been broken up for almost three months. What was wrong with his brain?

"Kiseop's still not well?" Kevin bit his lip in worry, "I wonder if we can go see him today."

"We have a couple schedules to get to in a few hours, Kev. I doubt it." Eli answered, caressing Kevin cheek to maybe calm the visual maknae. "But we'll go directly afterward, okay?"

Kevin, still chewing on his lip, nodded. Eli tilted his head to kiss Kevin and pull his lip from his teeth. Only Eli was allowed to bit Kevin's lip anymore. "Keokjeongma, Kevin. Kiseop will be just fine." Eli whispered.

"I know, but I can't help but worry. Kiseop came to be very special to me."

"I'll get jealous." Eli warned with a smile.

"But I'll never love him as much as I love you." Kevin smiled. "Besides, Kiseop's all eyes for Jaeseop." Kevin snickered.

"Jinja?" Eli asked, surprised.

"You didn't know?" Kevin asked.

"I...I just thought they were really good friends..." Eli muttered, embarrassed at his own cluelessness, "but I know Jaeseop likes Kiseop a lot..."

"You really are clueless." Kevin poked Eli's cheek with a smile.

"But if they both like each other, why don't they just say so?" Eli asked, confused.

Kevin huffed, "you wouldn't know the feeling as our relationship was just so natural and easy, but they're afraid of rejection."

"Oh." Eli nodded. "I get it." And this time, he really did. "One more question, though..."

 

"Yes?" Kevin asked, looking up at Eli with a small smile.

 

"Why did you sleep on my bed last night?"

 

Kevin shifted on his bed, and shrugged, "I just felt lonely without someone in the room with me, is all."

 

"It wasn't because you missed me, then?" Eli smirked.

 

"Nope. Not one bit, you big lug." Kevin hit his shoulder against Eli's.

 

Anyone happy with the ElVin reunion? I kind of am, even if it seems a little rushed. If it feels that way to you, too, I'm sorry. >.<

I just didn't feel like dragging it on anymore. Anyway, have a great day or night, whichever. ^-^ And please look forward to my next chapter, I'll try to make it soon as I already have part of it written.