What Can I Do to Make it Right?

Love Is...

Kevin figured it would be wise to open up with the other members more, be close with them other than when they were onstage or being filmed, because before that, it was only Eli. And, if there was one way to get his mind off Eli, it was to be with other people, even if his laughs had to be forced and his smiles faked, it would only be until he got over Eli. And then he would be the real old Kevin again.

So, as they took a break from practicing, the others all went to the restroom and for a few snacks besides Kiseop. Walking over, Kevin tapped Kiseop on the shoulder, "Even though we might not have a whole lot of time, do you want to go with me to get some pepperro? I've had a craving for it all day, and I can't stand it anymore." Kevin asked.

Kiseop shifted, eyes flicking to the clock, "I don't know..."

"It's not like this is school where we'll get in trouble for being late, come on, pleeease?" Kevin pleaded, pouting.

"Fine. But let's not let Soohyun see us." Kiseop gave in, Kevin grabbed his wrist excitedly and pulled him away. The two runaways sneaked to the elevator and went down to the ground floor, Kevin chatting away while Kiseop listened, every once in a while smiling or adding his own comment.

Kiseop had to remind himself not to mention Eli like Jaeseop suggested.

"How come you only talk a lot around Jaeseop?" Kevin asked suddenly, caught off guard, Kiseop had no time to hide his blush. Kevin caught on in an instant. "You like him, don't you~~?" Kevin squealed as they crossed the street towards the small convenience store.

"I-"

"Don't say no, Kiseop, I already figured. It's so blatantly obvious." Kevin pushed his shoulder slightly, making Kiseop stumble. Kevin didn't know how Kiseop could dance so well and professionally when most times he had trouble even walking.

"It is?" Kiseop's eyes grew wide with shock and Kevin knew now Kiseop would worry incessantly.

"Yeah, I'm surprised Jaeseop doesn't seem to know..."

"What if he does? What if he does and he's just ignoring it because he doesn't feel the same?" Kiseop rushed, surprising Kevin who hadn't heard the dancer talk like this in a while.

"He doe-" Kevin began to say, but Kiseop's face stopped his words. It looked incredibly sad. "Kiseop?" Kevin asked, knowing he shouldn't have like that.

"We can't ever be anything other than friends, Kevin. Do you know how hard it is for me?" Kevin's heart leapt in sympathy for his hyung, no, it was more like empathy. He knew exactly how Kiseop felt.

"I'm so sorry, Kiseop..." Kevin whispered, looking at the ground to hide his watering eyes, "I'm sorry..." he repeated.

Instead of tricking Kiseop into buying the peppero for him like he originally planned, Kevin bought it himself along with some yogurt drink as a feel-good present for Kiseop. He felt awful for making his hyung sad.

"Tomorrow, do you want to get lunch with me? I'll pay..." Kevin began, trying still to make it up to the quiet ulzzang as they walked.

"Jaeseop and I have already planned something, but you can come with us, too." Kiseop said, releasing the straw from his lips.

"Oh, well, I don't want to be a bother."

"You won't be, it's not like we're a couple or anything." Kiseop said the last bit quietly.

"O-okay." Kevin now felt completely awful. The first interaction with another member in a couple weeks and he screwed it up. Was it always going to be like this with him? Screwing things up, breaking things beyond repair?

"So will you come?" Kiseop asked, wanting the extra company to spare him from being alone with Jaeseop. He would cancel, but it seemed a little low on such short notice.

"Y-yeah, if you want me to." Kevin nodded.

"Okay, just meet us at the bulgogi place down the street from the high school by Jaeseop's house around 12:30." Kiseop said as they took the elevator up to the practice room, falling silent once again. At least it didn't feel quite as somber anymore.

Upon entering, the music was playing and the two late-comers realized they had started to practice with their trainer without them, so their arrival went unnoticed. It wouldn't be hard for either of them to pick up the parts missed as they were both the two main dancers of the group.

Kiseop picked at a loose thread in his shirt hem as they waited and watched for the group to pause so they could join, thinking on his situation.

Jaeseop probably knew that he liked him, that only made sense since Jaeseop seemed to know everything else going on in their group, Kiseop realized, which was an awful feeling. If Jaeseop returned the feeling, he would have said something already, but since he hadn't, Kiseop figured he didn't feel the same.

Kiseop knew it would always be like this, so why did it always hurt so badly?

Beside him, Kevin sighed, and Kiseop was reminded of the ElVin issue, but he couldn't say anything, because what if Kevin got mad? Or started crying? Or something along those lines? Finally, they could rejoin the group after a soft scolding from Soohyun. Their leader wasn't mean, at all really, he just didn't like dealing with nonsense. His scolding only consisted of a small glare and a stern, "Don't do that again."

Tired and sweaty after another couple of hours, the seven boys all began to head home, but Kiseop, as per usual, wanted to stay and practice more.

"I can stay with him again this time-" Jaeseop began.

"No!" Kiseop let out before he could think to restrain himself, "I-I mean, I can stay alone..." He said quietly to Jaeseop's shocked expression.

"Kiseop, we aren't allowed just one person this late at night, you know that." Soohyun reminded.

"I'll stay!" Kevin piped up, "Since we were both late we both need to work harder and catch up."

Jaeseop looked momentarily hurt to Kevin, but he didn't care as much as what Kiseop was feeling right now, he had noticed the tall dancer's melancholy and wanted to help remedy the situation. After all, he had caused it.

"Okay..." Soohyun permitted reluctantly, "just make sure you lock up before leaving."

"Arrasso, hyung~!" Kevin said cheerfully as they all filed out, Jaeseop lingering to get a last glance at Kiseop, who had turned from him for a swig from his water bottle.

"I'm sorry, Kiseop." Kevin stated once they were alone, "I didn't mean to make you feel so terrible."

"You just made me realize what has been right in front of my face all this time, Kevin. I should be thanking you." Kevin wrung his hands hopelessly, Kiseop was stubborn, so when his mind was set on something, there was no changing it. No matter how dreadfully wrong its conclusion was.

"Okay, then..." Kevin mumbled, taking the remote to the stereo in his hand, "Let's dance, then."

They danced for what seemed like hours, changing between songs from their previous albums and even some different artists, like Girl's Generation and Miss A. As they danced, sweating and panting, Kiseop felt his worry being replaced with the burning ache of muscle and he knew he would be sore tomorrow. All their schedule consisted of was recording, collaborating, and dancing though, so Kiseop didn't really care.

"Kiseop...we should get going now, it's almost two in the morning..." Kevin mentioned softly, the first words uttered by either since their lone session began. Kiseop stopped, feeling the exhaustion begin to instantly sink in with the ceasing of activity.

Without a word, Kiseop gathered his towel and wiped his face and neck free of sweat before lifting his bag over his shoulder, "Good night, Kevin, I'll see you tomorrow." Kiseop bowed slightly. Kevin mumbled his own farewell in response, rooted to the spot as he tried to place just what it was Kiseop had decided on in his mind.

Walking to his car slowly as his legs felt stiff and a little swollen, Kevin sighed once again. He had been doing a lot of that lately, it seemed. Kiseop still seemed upset over earlier, he decided, so tomorrow he would bring him something extra special for him. Like maybe a melona bar, or some jelly, or some kind of other candy. Kiseop liked candy a lot, so it was perfect. Kevin hoped it would work, at least a little.

...

The next day, Kevin didn't fail to notice that, although Kiseop no longer seemed upset, he was avoiding Jaeseop at all cost, as if he were the plague. Now Kevin not only felt bad for Kiseop, but for Jaeseop as well. He looked so...hurt, and surprised at every spurned attempt he received from Kiseop.

"Oh, god, what have I done?" He groaned to himself. All this coming from him just wanting to make closer friends of his band mates. He didn't know how to fix it.

"I told Jaeseop we couldn't have lunch together, so do you just want to grab a burger or something?" Kiseop asked Kevin, who nodded, just surprised as they headed out to lunch together, which Jaeseop saw and frowned heavily at.

 

Here it isssss~~!

>.< Now there's turmoil with 2Seop?! OH NO~~!!!!

>.<