Just So You Know

Love Is...

Kiseop sighed, placing his chin in his hands as he stared out the window. Finally, he had quiet. He was the only one present in the apartment at the time as he had woken up with a really bad cough and was exhausted. Kevin wanted to stay and help him feel better, but not only did Soohyun refuse, Kiseop didn't want Kevin there.

It wasn't that he found Kevin annoying, but in the last week they had been in Japan, Kiseop had absolutely no time alone. Usually, he was okay with that, but lately, he just wanted to be alone.

Not to mention how hard they were working lately, Kiseop just felt exhausted. His body could only handle so much. And all his sleepless nights weren't helping. Wandering over to Kevin's bed was never the same kind of comfort as Jaeseop's had been.

"Hyung?" Dongho asked, coming in the door, Kiseop looked over his shoulder at him with a small smile. "Are you feeling better?" Dongho asked, sitting on the couch across from the older dancer who still stood at the window.

"Mostly." Kiseop lied, "I just needed more rest. Are your schedules over?"

"Yeah." Dongho nodded, and shifted nervously.

"Is there something you want to talk about?" Kiseop asked the fidgeting maknae.

"Kevin hyung...he's okay, right?" Dongho asked, and Kiseop blinked in shock. "I've been worried about him a lot lately because of the way Eli has been acting lately."

"He's...okay. For the most part. Do you know what's going on between them?" Kiseop asked.

"The day Hoon was sick and we had that broadcast to go to, I saw Kevin crying really hard in the hallway. And...and then I overheard him breaking up with Eli." Dongho nodded.

"Oh." Kiseop let out, frowning. These are the exact problems he wanted to get away from, if only for just one day.

"Do...do you think he'll be okay?" Dongho asked.

"Yeah, Dongho, I'm sure he will be. But, it will take some time. Unrequited love is possibly the most painful experience to go through. He just needs to work things out in his own heart."

"I know, hyung..." Dongho sighed, "I'm just...worried."

After a few moments of silence, Dongho looked up from the floor to Kiseop. "And why have you been avoiding Jaeseop lately?"

Kiseop blanched, and realized that as Dongho was his room mate, of course he would have heard about it. AJ and Kiseop were great friends and had previously spent all their time together.

"Did he do something to you?" Dongho asked.

Kiseop shook his head, "It's the same as with Eli and Kevin. Unrequited love hurts more than anything..." Kiseop turned back to the window, leaning his hot forehead against the cool glass. He guessed he was still running a fever.

Dongho made an incredulous noise, but Kiseop felt too weak to look at Dongho. His vision clouded over briefly and he was dizzy. Dongho noticed Kiseop's swaying and tried to get the ulzzang's attention, but there was no response.

Kiseop hit the floor.

...

Jaeseop was on his way back to the dorm when Dongho called in a panic, "Kiseop fainted, hyung, what do I do?"

AJ felt his heart stop for a second as worry clutched it tight. "Make sure he didn't hit his head on anything and I'll be right there." AJ hung up the phone and sprinted down the street to their dorm.

He banged the door open and found the maknae and ulzzang in the living room. Dongho had placed a pillow under the fainted boys' head. AJ rushed over, panting heavily as his lungs burned for air, to Kiseop. Lifting the thin boy up, AJ noticed he had lost a bit of weight since the last time he had held Kiseop and frowned deeper.

As soon as he placed Kiseop on the couch, he rubbed his sweaty bangs away from his forehead, which was burning hot. "Idiot." Jaeseop scolded softly, "if you're sick, tell us. Don't let it get this bad." AJ stood to get a cold wet cloth and told Dongho to call the others and get a bag of Kiseop's clothes ready as they were going to take him to the hospital.

The poor idol was still in his pajamas as AJ placed the cloth over his forehead. "I mean it, Kiseop. You're an idiot for letting this happen when you were so worried over Soohyun." AJ scolded softly, though he was worried sick.

Once Dongho had gotten what he asked ready, he picked up Kiseop once more and began to carry him out of the apartment building and into their van for emergency uses only. Although reluctant, he left Kiseop spread across the backseat in order to drive while Dongho dialed the other members to explain what was going on and why they wouldn't be at the dorms when the others returned.

"No, Kevin hyung, leader said to tell everyone to remain in their schedules as it's nothing major, you can't come now." AJ tightened his grip on the steering wheel in jealousy. He couldn't forget that Kiseop obviously like Kevin. After Kiseop ditched AJ as a room mate for Kevin, there was nothing else more certain.

"Just wait a couple hours when your schedules are over and you can see him." Dongho said and seconds later scoffed as he pulled the phone away.

"He hung up on me after calling me a bad name." Dongho stared at the phone in disbelief. Kevin never was like that, no matter how much of a drama queen he was.

Jaeseop just grit his teeth and stared at the road. Worry and jealousy mixing in his chest.

When the arrived at the hospital, Kiseop was admitted quickly and examined. He hadn't woken up yet. Jaeseop was even more worried now. They hooked Kiseop up to an IV, and explained his body was just exhausted and was lacking essential vitamins and minerals.

"Pabo." AJ said as he brushed Kiseop's hair from his eyes, "you're supposed to take better care of yourself." AJ reprimanded softly yet again.

Moments later, Kevin burst through the door followed by a protesting Dongho. AJ quickly retreated his hand from the older and stood to allow Kevin access to Kiseop.

"Did they say he was going to be okay?" Kevin rushed.

"Yeah, he'll be fine. It's just exhaustion." AJ nodded.

"Good." Kevin sighed, collapsing in the chair AJ had just vacated with his hand over his heart.

"I'm going to go get something to drink, do you want anything?" AJ asked and after getting two 'no's as his reply, he left the room.

"Yah!" Dongho shouted quietly at Kevin, "you stupid brat!"

"What did I do?" Kevin asked, completely oblivious.

"AJ was worried sick and if you hadn't barged in, he would have confessed the moment Kiseop opened his eyes."

"Oh." Kevin let all the air out of his lungs.

"He thinks that you and Kiseop are together now, anyway, so it probably won't happen." Dongho reasoned by way of apologizing to his pouting hyung. But, hearing that didn't help Kevin either.

"He thinks we're together?"

"Yeah, he was really jealous when he overheard how concerned you were." Dongho informed.

"Oh." Kevin said again with a frown.

AJ returned with a cup of tea and sat in the furthest corner of the room, eyes on Kiseop. Kevin noticed this and frowned. Why was Jaeseop so dense? He was supposed to be the smartest member of the group. But, Kevin supposed that the doubt caused by love overpowered any common sense or intellect. He leaned back against the chair with a sigh.

"We're just friends, you know." Kevin decided to be upfront with AJ, so he surely got it. AJ snapped to attention and looked at Kevin in confusion. "Kiseop and I, we're not a couple." Kevin elaborated.

"Why are you telling me this?" AJ asked, a bit of hope swelling in his chest.

"I just thought you should know." Kevin shrugged.

Wooowwww I'm doing so well. ^-^ I hope I can keep this up.

Happy reading~!