We are All In on This Hopeless Situation

Love Is...

Dongho leaned against his door, his hand over his chest as it beat painfully. Kevin was once again taken by the dense pigeon, and all Dongho could feel was pain.

Even if he knew that Kevin would never be able to return his feelings, it still hurt him immensely to see his fishy in another man's embrace, kissing.

He needed to just let go of Kevin already. Kevin would never be able to return his feelings. Ever.

Taking out his phone, he texted his go to for emotional problems and comfort.

Eli and Kevin got back together. And it hurts so badly. What do I do?

He placed his phone beside him on his bed and waited. He wasn't expecting a reply so soon when his phone went off.

From: Xander
I'm sorry, Dongho. If I could, I would hold you really tight and not let you go until you felt better.


Dongho smiled and replied: thanks, hyung. For always being here for me, I'm grateful. ^^

Of course I'll always be here for you. And, please don't be sad. Even though unrequited love is the most painful thing there is, it shouldn't make you sad. But, if you want to cry, you know I'm always here, right?

Dongho's eyebrow lifted at Xander's words. Kiseop had said the same thing before about his relationship with Jaeseop. It was something he knew could only be said through experience. So, had Xander loved someone who didn't love him back? Empathy rushed through Dongho, but he didn't press the subject further.

I know you're always here, hyung. Please take care of me well. ^^

They continued texting back and forth and getting caught up with each other as it had been a week or so since they had last been in contact after being so busy. They chatted until Dongho had to get ready for his schedule. It was a short one and he planned on seeing Kiseop afterward, hoping to maybe hear something about the 2Seop couple as he walked in.

He wondered if Xander knew exactly how much he helped the maknae as he left the door, his chest feeling a little lighter than it did before. Although it still ached, it was all manageable because he had someone to talk to. Only Xander knew about his secret love of Kevin, he had never been overly obvious about it. The only indication he was sweet on the thin dancer was their skin ship on stage which he knew could be passed up as fan service.

He wasn't obvious because he knew it was hopeless. All Kevin saw him as was their cute maknae who needed to be pampered and spoiled. Dongho just wanted to be seen as a man. Dongho was grown now, he had his license and everything, something Kevin himself had yet to get. There wasn't anything else he felt he could do to make Kevin see him as mature. Even if he did, the vocalist was so in love with the stupid pigeon, there was no way Dongho's feeling could be returned.

It was times like this he wanted to cry. But, he kept in his tears as he didn't want to compromise his newly applied makeup.

...

Arriving at the hospital where Kiseop was staying, the maknae sauntered into the room and found Kiseop just waking up. 

"Morning, sunshine." Dongho smiled, sitting next to Kiseop.

Looking confused for a second, Kiseop looked out the window at the lowering sun. "It's not morning..."

"It's a joke, hyung." Dongho laughed and pointed to the clock, "It's passed dinner, have you eaten?"

"Yeah, and then I fell back asleep. Have you?"

"Yeah, before I came." Dongho nodded. "Has Jaeseop visited?"

"Yeah..." Kiseop's cheeks tinted and his eyes flickered to the small bouquet of flowers in his bedside table.

"From our rapping feline?" Dongho stood and touched the red roses littered beautifully with stems of baby's breath. Kiseop nodded shyly with a small smile.

"It makes me feel really bad for ignoring him..." Kiseop picked at his nails.

"Then stop." Dongho shrugged simply.

"If only it were that easy..." Kiseop sighed, looking at the flowers longingly.


"How is it hard?" Dongho asked.


"It just...hurts too much sometimes to be around him." Kiseop sighed sadly.


"Oh." Dongho knew exactly what Kiseop felt, but he didn't say so. "Well, good news. The ElVin couple is back together again." Dongho announced, feigning cheerfulness.


Kiseop's face lit up tremendously, "Really?"


"Yup. I saw them making out before my schedules today."


"Kevin didn't even tell me." Kiseop pouted, his cheeks bubbling.


"You'll have to pay him back for that." Dongho stated, leaning back in his chair.


"I will." Kiseop nodded definitely, sitting up in his bed.


"So, how are you feeling?" Dongho asked, noticing the dark circles under Kiseop's eyes. And the IV's still stuck in his arms.


"Like a train wreck." Kiseop sighed truthfully, rubbing his eyes. "I might have to stay tomorrow, too, they said."


"Was it really that bad?"


"Bad enough." Kiseop nodded.


"I hope you feel better, Seoppie..." Dongho pouted, patting the older boy on the head affectionately.

 

Kiseop looked up and smiled at Dongho's actions and copied his actions, "You're so cute, Dongho-ah." Kiseop complimented, "You always take care of your hyungs."


"I try." Dongho shrugged with a laugh.


"Well, you do a great job."


"Kiseop?" AJ's voice sounded at the door, both of the boys in the room turned and looked.


"Ah, I have another schedule to get to, I'll see you around, Kiseop." Dongho waved goodbye as Kiseop opened his mouth to protest.


"AJ...." Kiseop blushed, when AJ had come to drop off the flowers, the ulzzang had been asleep, so it was the first time in a while they had been alone together.


"How are you feeling?" Jaeseop asked, sitting in the chair Dongho had previously sat.


"Honestly, not so great, but better than before." Kiseop answered carefully, his voice tight. He couldn't look at Jaeseop. Not as the other looked at him with so much worry and care. But not in the way that would matter the most. Not in the way that wouldn't hurt. Kiseop's mind reminded him.


"Are you going to be released tomorrow morning?" Jaeseop asked.


"Unless they say otherwise." Kiseop gave a small nod.


"Kiseop..." Jaeseop said breathlessly, and the emotion was enough for Kiseop to look at him. He looked in pain. "Why have you been avoiding me?" AJ asked.


Kiseop's mind went blank as he had no idea how to respond to that without giving himself away. "It's easier this way..." Kiseop whispered, looking back down at his hands and picked at his cuticles.

 

"What's easier?" Jaeseop asked, examining Kiseop's face. But Kiseop only shrugged. Jaeseop sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.


He wanted to tell Kiseop, but he needed a bit of proof that Kiseop liked him, to give him courage. But he knew he probably wouldn't get it from Kiseop himself.


"Please stop ignoring me, Kiseop. It might be easier, but it still hurts." Jaeseop said. Kiseop's eyes went wide, he didn't know how Jaeseop had known being so far away from him both physically and emotionally hurt him. Of course, it only made sense, Kiseop guessed. Because Jaeseop knew Kiseop liked him, so it wasn't hard to figure it out.


"Don't be so stubborn and stay by my side." Jaeseop muttered low enough that Kiseop almost didn't hear him.


Almost.


Kiseop, though shocked, nodded. He never wanted to push Jaeseop away, not really. He just didn't like the pain of not meaning anything to Jaeseop, but now he hated the pain of being away from him more.

With that, Jaeseop wrapped Kiseop in a large hug. They didn't say anything else, as at that moment Kevin rushed in with Eli in tow.


"Kiseoppie!" Kevin yelled, ignoring the fact that the two had been hugging and practically pushed Jaeseop out of the way. "Are you okay, hyung?" Kevin asked, feeling Kiseop's forehead. "I don't think you're running a fever, are they keeping you over night again?"


"I'm feeling better, Kevin. I don't think they'll keep me another night." Kiseop shook his head, laughing slightly as Kevin practically choked him in a hug.


He connected eyes with Jaeseop, who gave him a small smile and announced he was going to talk to the doctors.

 

Poor Dongho baby. TT^TT

I figured I should put something with Dongho so he doesn't feel left out. ^-^

Love it or hate it?