Arrival in Tokyo

Snapshot

Ahn Jihae, Yang Eunjoo, Kang Jade, Hart Minji and Ryu Sonny just graduated. After years and years of persuading their parents, the girls finally got each approval to go on vacation in Japan.  Yang Eunjoo’s parents dropped off the girls at the airport. “Annyeong, appa and umma!” Eunjoo shouted to her parents as she walked through security.

Jihae sat next to Eunjoo on the airplane while Minji, Sonny and Jade sat next to each other by the side windows, behind Jihae and Eunjoo.  “Jade! Look at Sonny look like a blowfish!” Minji joked.

Jade stared at Sonny. Although Jade has seen Sonny puff out her cheeks before, today was different because Sonny was excited, not bored or frustrated. “Are you trying to beat Ahn Sohee?” Jade made all the girls laugh.

Eunjoo reflected back to a time in high school, “Remember when we thought she stuffed herself with marshmallows at the café while we were studying?”

The girls laughed again, “I swear one day your cheeks will explode!” Minji confessed.

“Hey! I’m just a little nervous traveling without an adult,” Sonny revealed.

“Yah! We’re adults now,” Jihae defended. “We’re officially graduates!”

For the rest of the flight, the girls remained quiet. Jihae read a horror novel while Jade read a Beast fan fiction. Eunjoo was taking selcas, Minji was sleeping and Sonny was listening to music – Dongbangshiki (DBSK).

When the girls arrived in Japan, Minji and Jihae were tired. Eunjoo was a little irritated because Jihae and Minji were walking really slowly. Sonny had tons of energy. Jade was in the middle. Eunjoo usually took charge because she was just like that. “Do we have everything we need?” The girls nodded. “Luggage?”

“Check.”

“Cameras?” each girl took their own cameras to create their own memories.

“Check.”

“Money?”

“Check.”

“Phones?”

“Check.”

“Okay,” Jihae started, “let’s get going to our hotel. Minji, where do we go?”

Jade glared at Jihae, “Aigoo, why would you ask Minji? She at directions.”

“Well she was holding the map,” Jihae often forgot little things like that.

Eunjoo was searching the airport for hotties. “Ooh, you think he’s cute?” she started snapping away.

“Aigoo, you’re like the paparazzi!” Sonny blurted.

Jade started to lead the way, “Let’s just get a cab.”

After hauling all their luggage into the cab, they arrived at the hotel. Jade and Minji roomed together, Eunjoo and Sonny roomed together while Jihae had her own room. When the girls paired up, Jihae usually stayed by herself because she liked being reserved and independent.

It was nearly 7pm and the girls wanted to explore. Jade forwarded a text to Sonny, Eunjoo and Jihae: Let’s go get some bulgolgi

They all texted back: ok ^^

The girls walked back and forth down the streets wondering where they could find a decent restaurant that served Korean foods. Being the girls that they are, they didn’t bother to search restaurants. All they did was search music shows and tourist attractions.

They finally found a restaurant a couple blocks from the subway. The girls planned to go to the subway tomorrow morning so they wanted to go and get tickets tonight in case they get sold out tomorrow.

After eating, the girls walked to the subway – each carrying their cameras and a purse. Sonny walked up to the ticket booth since she was the most fluent in Japanese, “Can we have five tickets please?”

As Sonny was buying the tickets, Minji, Jade and Eunjoo were right behind her. Jihae started to wander, looking at the posters. She bumped into a quite muscular man and dropped her bag. “Oh, sorry,” the man said in Japanese. His voice was a little husky. Jihae just smiled a little and the man took off running.

Jihae started to hear a bunch of girls screaming. She stood up and before she knew it, a man grabbed her arm and she was on the subway. Before she could get off, the door had closed and the subway was moving. “Yah let go of me!” she shouted.

The man turned to Jihae, “Aish! Wrong person!” He got out his phone and dialed someone’s number.

“Aish, you’re really something! Who do you think you are dragging some innocent tourist into the subway? This is kinapping!” Jihae started to raise her voice in Japanese this time, “This man is a kidna…”

The man covered Jihae’s mouth, “Shh, I’ll get exposed. Oh, Injoon, why didn’t you guys get on? I thought Jay was behind me, but I grabbed a girl instead. Hurry, she’s strange wearing all blue like that. She’s even carrying a camera. You have to be kidding me right now. When tomorrow? By the time I get there it’ll be nightfall. Fine, bye.”

He uncovered Jihae’s mouth, “Yah! Are you stupid? You and your Injoon friend are so getting arrested.”

“SHHH!” the boy told Jihae and covered . 


A/N: I hope this is good so far. Comments are more than welcome. (: