Minji and Karam Part One

Snapshot

*Knock knock*

“Omo,” Minji jumped.  “I’ll get it.”

It was Karam, “Are you ready, Minji?”

“Mhmm,” Minji turned around, “Girls, I’m leaving.  Anyeong!”

“Have fun!” Sonny and Eunjoo shouted.

“You look pretty today,” Karam complimented.

“Thanks,” Minji blushed.  “You look really cute too.”

Karam stopped walking, “Do you know what you want to do today?”

Minji thought for a second, “I have no clue.  I don’t know anything about Japan and—“

“I have the perfect place for us to go!” Karam said and held Minji’s hand, “Kaja!”

Karam and Minji were on a bus, driving to…who knows where? Well, Karam knew, but he wanted to surprise Minji.

Finally, they arrived at their destination, Yoyogi Park.  “Tada!”  Karam said.

Minji looked around, “What exactly is this place?  It’s like a circus!”

“Well, this is Japan and like it for what it is,” Karam said.  “It’s their culture!”

Minji looked around again, “Well, it’s pretty interesting…”

Karam grabbed Minji’s hand and Minji jumped, “Omo, what’re you doing?”

“I am going to take you to eat the best food in Japan,” Karam told.   “It’s the best Korean food they have here in Tokyo.  Well, that I’ve had at least.”

Minji allowed Karam to hold her hand and followed him.

Finally, they arrived at a nearby restaurant.  It had Japanese writing on it, but a bit of Hangul on the very bottom. 

“So how do you know about this place?” Minji asked.

“Sometimes the boys and me sneak here when our manager isn’t paying attention.  It’s like… he’s a stalker sometimes,” Karam joked.

“Karam…is that even your real name?” Minji asked.

“It’s a long story to be honest,” Karam sighed.

“Well we have all day,” Minji expressed.

Karam turned to Minji, “Don’t laugh.” Minji nodded.  “My birth name is actually Park Deokjin.  But I changed it to Hyunchul when I was younger.  Sometimes the member call me Deokjin as a joke, but I don’t mind.  They also call me Jingjingi.  I guess I am Jingjingi.”

Karam and Minji laughed.   “That’s not so bad,” Minji said.  “Deokjin.  Hyunchul. Karam. Jingjingi.  I like them all.”

Karam blushed, “I like Minji.”

Minji blushed, “Keopta.”  Minji was satisfied.

“Aw, come on, Minji! You don’t like me?” Karam asked.

Minji turned the other way, “Whoa, the weather is amazing!”

“Yah!” Karam shouted as Minji walked the other way.  Little did he know that Minji was smiling as she walked away.

When Karam caught up, Minji was already sitting at the table.  The waitress came to get their order.

“What can I get for you – Karam—“ the waitress said.

“Whoa, Eunhee!” Karam remarked.  “Do you work here?”

“Anni, I’m just pretending to be my cousin for the day because she has a date and we look alike!” Eunhee explained.  “Omo!  Is this your girlfriend?”

Karam looked at Minji and smiled, “Not yet.”

Eunhee looked at Karam and at Minji.  Then at Karam again, “Well aren’t you going to introduce us?”

“Oh sorry.  Minji, this is Injoon’s good friend, Eunhee and this is Minji.  Well, Eunhee’s my friend too, but –“

“I get it,” Minji said and reached for Eunhee’s hand.  “Nice to meet you.”

“Are you friends with that girl that Hyunmin likes by any chance?” Eunhee asked.

“Jade?” Minji asked.

“Yeah!  I’m sorry about Heerin’s weird text messages.  She’s a little sad that Hyunmin likes someone now,” Eunhee explained.

“Wait, it was your friend?” Minji squealed. “Omo.”

“I’m sorry on her behalf.”

“Whoa, that’s scary!  How did she get Jade’s phone number?” Minji asked.

“Seems like Jihwan dropped his phone yesterday and Heerin got a hold of it,” Eunhee explained.

“Ahh, I see.  It’s alright.  I hope Heerin just doesn’t hurt Jade or anything,” Minji told.

“She won’t.  Heerin can’t even hurt a fly.  She just thought those texts would scare Jade away.  I don’t know…” Eunhee said.  “Everything is confusing…”

Karam sighed, “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine,” Eunhee said.  “So you and Aejin didn’t talk yesterday?”

Karam suddenly got quiet.  “Aejin?” Minji asked.

“Yeah, she was at the restaurant you guys were at yesterday…She works there,” Eunhee told.  “She’s Karam’s—“

“Don’t talk about her,” Karam said.  “I don’t want to think about her at all.”

“I’m sorry,” Eunhee said.

“It’s alright.  Can you just take our order?” Karam suggested.

“Karam!” Minji nudged.  “Be polite.”

“No, it’s fine.  I went out of the line,” Eunhee said. “The usual?”

Karam nodded, “The same as always.”

Minji and Karam sat in silence for five minutes.

“Why are you being like this?” Minji asked.

“Like what?” Karam was clueless.

“All awkward and mad…”

“It’s a long story…”

“Well, … are you going to tell me the story?” Minji asked.

Karam looked at the floor, at the ceiling and then at Minji, “Well—“

“What kind of boyfriend keeps things from their girlfriend?” Minji suddenly blurted.

Karam looked at Minji with his eyes dilated.  “Mworago? Boyfriend? Jagiya?”


A/N: Karam is so cute. ^^  You guys should watch Daebak Daikoku Danji~