Jade and Hyunmin's Date Part One

Snapshot

It was 5 a.m. and Hyunmin was already calling Jade.  Jade lazily picked up her phone, “Whaddyawant?”

Hyunmin chuckled, “Still sleeping? I’ll give you ten minutes to get ready.  We’re going to see the sun rise.”

“Waeeee?” Jade pouted.  “It’s so early.  Wait until 7.”

“But by then, the sun is already up and about. It’s no fun…”

“Fine, I’ll be ready in fifteen minutes,” Jade said.  “Be by my room by then.”

“Already there,” Hyunmin hung up the phone.

Jade quickly jumped in the shower and threw on some clothes.  She threw her hair in a ponytail and gently woke Eunjoo up, “Yah, I’m going out now.  Wake up soon.”

“Mhm,” Eunjoo mumbled and fell back asleep.

Jade opened the door and there was Hyunmin, happy as a fly by a picnic.

“Good morning, sunshine,” Hyunmin said.

Jade stared at him for a second and scoffed, “Really? Where are we going? Make it quick.”  Jade stepped out and walked to the elevator.

“Looks like someone’s not a morning person     ~” Hyunmin teased.  “Why are you so grumpy?”

“Seriously, Hyunmin?” Jade lightly giggled.

“Call me ‘oppa’,” Hyunmin suggested as the two got into the elevator.

Jade choked, “M-mwoh??”

“You heard me, call me ‘oppa’,” Hyunmin said.

“Chyeah right.  In a million years,” Jade laughed without even looking at Hyunmin. Then stepped out of the elevator.  “Where are we headed, oppa?” putting an emphasis on “oppa”.

“If you say it, you have to say it like you mean it,” Hyunmin said as he reached for Jade’s hand.  He intertwined fingers with Jade’s fingers and walked out of the hotel. 

Although Jade didn’t want to hold Hyunmin’s hand, she held it because she couldn’t remember the last time she’d actually felt real with a guy.  Hyunmin lead Jade outside and into the early city bus.  The sun was not close to being out yet and Jade was still sleepy. 

The two sat in the back of the bus and without noticing, Jade fell asleep on Hyunmin’s shoulder. An hour later, they arrived at the beach.  Hyunmin lightly woke Jade up.  As they stepped off the bus, the sun started to rise.  Jade was amazed and speechless.  Getting up early was worth her while.

 Hyunmin stood in front of Jade, “Like what you see?”

Jade scoffed once again, “Is this a trick question?” she looked away.

Hyunmin turned around and looked at the sun rise, “Aren’t you glad you woke up this morning, Jade?”

Jade laughed, looked at her feet and then at Hyunmin, “To be honest, yes.  It’s not often that I get to go out and go on an adventure like this.   Heck, last time I did something this daring was with Sonny when we went to get some ice cream at 3 in the morning.”

Hyunmin and Jade laughed.  Hyunmin turned to see Jade looking at him, “Not to ruin the moment, but you look like you just woke up.”

“You’re the one who said you were already there. I just put my hair up really quickly. Luckily, my toothbrush is in my purse.”

“Want to get some breakfast? I’ll get some for the both of us. My treat,” Hyunmin offered.  “Anything you want, you can get it.”

“Bragging much?” Jade laughed.  “Where are we anyway?”

“We shot our ‘Love Bingo’ PV here a while back,” Hyunmin revealed.  “That’s how I knew how to get here.  They have some wonderful burgers that way.”

“Let’s go, I’m starving,” Jade said.

Surprisingly, the whole time they walked to the little restaurant, they did not fight like usual.  As Jade went to brush her teeth, Hyunmin ordered a meal for the two and sat down outside.

Jade walked out to see many people walking in the place and to the beach.  She sat down across from Hyunmin, “Omo, so much food.”

“I wasn’t sure what you wanted.  But I just guessed, eat up!” Hyunmin started chowing down a burger.

Jade started to eat a burger when she started noticing people staring, “Yah!” she leaned closer to Hyunmin, “Why didn’t you disguise yourself a bit if you knew we were going to be out in public?”

Hyunmin looked around, “Craaaap.  Just act natural so they don’t suspect anything.  They’ll back off—“

A fan walked up to them, “Hyunmin-san?”

“Haai,” Hyunmin smiled and Jade just kept eating her food.  She couldn’t really make out what the conversation was between Hyunmin and the fans because it was in Japanese.  But she did understand the word “tomodachi”.

When all the chaos was over with, Jade and Hyunmin walked towards the beach and caught the next bus back to Tokyo.  Again, they sat in the back of the bus.  Hyunmin noticed that it was only 3 and he wanted to spend more time with Jade.

“I’m sorry about back there with all the fans,” Hyunmin apologized.

“It’s okay,” Jade said.  “Most guys who take me on a date usually talk to more girls than the fans that talked to you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Hyunmin was confused.

“Remember Jaehwan?  The guy who kept calling and finally you told him that you were my boyfriend?” Jade explained.  Hyunmin nodded.  “I had a huge crush on him throughout highschool.  But I guess all the girls knew he was a bad guy.  Eunjoo likes almost every guy, but she wouldn’t dare to like Jaehwan because she knew he was bad news.  And Minji loves everyone but she always knew Jaehwan was a bad kid.  I was too blind and I fell for him too hard... Just recently I stopped liking him because I found out about all the other girls he’s been nice to.”

Hyunmin looked around and saw that they should be exiting, but he didn’t want to stop Jade in the middle of her story.  He just pretended like he didn’t know they were supposed to stop.  “So do you still like him?”

Jade shook her head, “Aniyo, he’s not a good man…He’s dirty and he has no morals.” She smiled, “But it’s good that I found out before summer break.  Otherwise, I would’ve never let you take me to see the sunrise.”

“Well then I’m glad you had your heart broken,” Hyunmin joked. 

“Oppa?” a girl’s voice from up front a bit questioned Hyunmin.

Hyunmin took a good look at the girl.  She pulled off her hoodie.  “Haeja…”


A/N: Lol.. that was a super late update. I'm sorry. I'm so busy :/