Chapter 31

Death's Embrace

Wow! It's been a VERY long time. We would like to apologize to our readers! Everyone was so busy, it has been hetic! Haha. Well I am glad that we got this done, I hope we still have readers. We will be updating more often now since we're all less busy, sort of. The story is on its way to completion. We're all so very excited! Anyway, please enjoy our update ^^;!

 

Written by Lily

 

Chapter 30

 

“Wow look at the view,” Wooyoung exclaimed as he, along with Nona and Junho, stepped forward now upon the Eiffel Tower. The three looked over the city of Paris, France with amazement. It was nothing like any of them had ever seen

“Lilly is missing out on something so amazing just because of her fear,” Nona spoke softly before realizing what she had just said and covered while praying the two boys had not heard her.

“What did you just say?” Wooyoung questioned as Nona bit her bottom lip, removing her hand from in defeat. There was no way they wouldn’t have heard her.

“Lilly has a fear?” Junho questioned almost in complete shock that one of the girls of DMG would fear anything.

“Ugh, you can’t tell her I told you. She’s gonna kill me,” Nona muttered, partly to herself.

“Nona, is Lilly scared of heights by any chance?” Wooyoung questioned as Nona’s eyes flashed in his direction curiously. How could he figure that out without her saying it?

“There would be no other reason as to why she would refuse to come up here right? It only makes sense that she’d be scared of heights.”

“Okay, okay. Lilly has a small fear of heights, she always has. You can’t let her know that you know about it though. She doesn’t like it when people know her weaknesses. If she knew you knew then I don’t even know what she’d do. Lilly can be as dangerous as Miyu when she wants to be,” Nona explained, watching the guy’s eyes round at the mention of Miyu’s name.

“Well in that case, we’ll take her secret to the grave,” Junho promised as Nona nodded her head, thankful that neither he, nor anyone else would confront her Unni about her fear.

-

-

-

After hanging up her phone call with her Dad, Lilly finished off her coffee that she had ordered at the little café close to the Eiffel Tower. Leaving a tip for the waitress on the table, Lilly proceeded to leave the café to go see if her friends had made their way down from the top of the tall tower.

After 10 minutes of looking however, it seemed her friends were still enjoying themselves up above.

Lilly shivered just imagining the idea of being up so high on such an unstable piece of metal. It couldn’t be safe, it just couldn’t be. Looking around her, Lilly let out a sigh, now wondering what she could do to entertain herself while she waited for her group to arrive.

She scanned over the many tourists who were around her when her eyes landed on a familiar person. Eye’s widening almost instantly, she couldn’t be imagining things this time. She couldn’t be seeing an illusion or a mirage from the summer heat.

“Gikwang?” Lilly questioned to herself.

At that moment, that person in Lilly’s view turned and for a second they made eye contact. A gasp was caught in as Lilly took a step forward.

“Lilly! Over here!” Shouted a familiar voice from behind her.

Glancing behind, she saw Nona waving to her with a bright smile on her face with Wooyoung and Junho behind her, Junho laughed at something that Wooyoung had obviously said.

Lilly quickly turned back around to look for that Gikwang look-a-like but he was nowhere to be found. She scanned over the crowd once again but to her annoyance, he was really gone.

‘I’m not imagining things. He was just there.’

-

-

-

Meanwhile, on the streets of Paris were Mai, Chansung, Miyu and Junsu. They were enjoying the scenery and after having visited 2 museums, Miyu was now complaining over the hunger she was feeling inside her stomach.

“Come on Unni, I’m starving here. We have the rest of the day to visit another museum,” Miyu pleaded as Mai let out a sigh and looked at her suffering dongsaeng.

“Okay but it better be a quick lunch. I still want to stop by the Eiffel Tower. I just got a picture text from Nona who is there now. The view is amazing,” Mai explained as Miyu nodded her head in agreement.

“I just wanna get a croissant. When in France, do as the French do. It’ll be quick, I promise,” Miyu said before going on ahead with Junsu by her side.

"I thought the saying was 'when in  Rome, do as the Roman's do,'" Junsu tried to correct as Miyu rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Shut the hell up, We're in France, not Rome so I say it's French and if you don't stop trying to act like a smart then I guess I'll just have to eat your croissant for you," Miyu stuck her tounge out at her male companion before taking off into a run to the closest bakery she could find with Junsu in tow.

Chansung on the other hand, lagged behind with Mai who had a map in her hands.

“Why are we visiting old museums anyway. They’re so boring and stuffy,” Chansung groaned as Mai glared at him slightly. She was the least impressed over the comments Chansung had been saying through out the day.

“It’s not boring. The art work here is incredible and it might be my one and only chance to see it with my own eyes. Sure, you might find it boring but to me, it’s really impressive, even the buildings are beautiful and have history around them,” Mai spoke softly, before going on to fold up the map she had been looking at all day since she was after all, the navigator of her group.

Chansung looked over at Mai with interest when realization dawned on him.

“You’re an artistic type of person, aren’t you.”

Mai looked up at him with a frown already showing on her facial features.

“Is there something wrong with that?” She questioned as Chansung let out a sigh and looked elsewhere in order to escape Mai’s harsh gaze.

“I’m artistic too you know and there’s nothing wrong with that. Did I say there was?”

Mai raised her eyebrows at the man before her.

‘Artistic, my foot,’ she thought but chose not to voice out her opinion. So far it had been an okay day and the two hadn’t quarreled as much as they would usually. She didn’t want to ruin the day by going back to their usual argumentative attitudes towards one another.

-

-

-

After a full day of touring the city, Lyssa and Taec decided to retire to their hotel bedroom earlier than everyone else. Lyssa was exhausted from the amount of walking the two had done through out the day and all she really wanted was a nice warm bath to sooth her aching legs.

“I’m sorry about this Taec. You know you could always tag along with one of the other groups. I hear Mai’s group are touring the day and night museums,” Lyssa said softly, sitting down on the edge of her bed before slipping off her shoes.

Taec shut the bedroom door behind him and walked to Lyssa’s side. He bent down in front of her with a smile playing on his lips.

“Why would I do that when the most beautiful sight in Paris right now is right here in front of me?” Taec asked making Lyssa blush from his cheesy pick up lines.

“And you’re feet must be hurting because babe, you’ve been running through my mind all day long,” He winked making her laugh out loud.

“Ok Taecyeon, you’re so greasy,” She laughed, nudging his shoulder but Taecyeon just smiled up at her.

“They’re cheesy but there is some truth in them. I don’t want to be anywhere in this world than beside you. You know that right?” Taec questioned as Lyssa’s head tilted to the side slightly. She was beginning to wonder what had Taec acting this way. He had been acting extra loving towards her since they landed on the soil of Paris, France.

“What’s up with you today? Not that I don’t like the compliments but you’ve been acting extra loving towards me all day,” Lyssa said softly as Taec reached up and curled a strand of hair behind Lyssa’s ear affectionately.

“Well, people do say Paris is the city of love,”

“Yeah, people say all kinds of crap. Seriously though, what is up with you?”

“I just want to show you how much you mean to me. I know we’ve had our rough moments but being here with you, I just don’t want this to end. I love you so much. I already lost you once, I don’t want it to happen again.”

Lyssa looked at Taec seriously before letting out a sigh.

“You’re thinking about the ball aren’t you? Are you worried that you’re going to lose me?”

Taec cringed from her words, just the idea of Lyssa not making it out of her next mission alive scared Taec to death. He saw how she ended up from the last mission and he didn’t want to see her get hurt.

Taking him by the chin, Lyssa looked down at the man she loved with a small smile on her face.

“I swear to you, in a few days time I will be on that plane going home with you. Nothing can stop me from being with you, not even death itself. The reason I fight now is for you, you are the one person I promised myself that I would protect and nothing is going to stop me from keeping that promise. Got that?”

Taec looked at her for a second before leaning forward and planting a soft kiss on Lyssa’s lips.

She smiled into the kiss and returned it happily, as the kiss became deeper, her hands began to run through Taec’s soft hair.

She felt his hands run up her thigh until they were around her waist and slowly moving their way upwards from the small of her back to her bra strap underneath her t-shirt. Lyssa’s eyes automatically snapped open as she felt herself falling back on the bed with Taecyeon on top of her.

Their kiss was passionate and he was making her blush from just his touch. She wanted more of him. She wanted to assure him that she would be fine and that she loved him just as much as he had shown his love for her.

In the next few seconds his hands had managed to unclasp her bra strap and his shirt was now on the floor.

“I love you,” Taecyeon said, pulling away from the kiss, breathless.

Lyssa nodded her head.

“I love you too.”

“Well isn’t that the most disgusting thing you’ve ever seen in your time on this planet?” Came a familiar voice from the door of their bedroom.

Both Taec and Lyssa looked up to see Mai, Chansung, Miyu and Junsu stood there looking slightly traumatized.

“Excuse me while I go throw up my lunch,” Miyu continued, turning and walking out of the room.

"That's karma for following through with your threat. You should have just give me my croissant," Junsu said trailing behind Miyu.

"Shut up Octapus, before I make you!" The 4 remaining people in the room heard Miyu shout from the hotel hallway.

“Lyssa, try keep it PG from now on, okay?” Mai sighed as Lyssa blushed bright red.

“I thought you said they were going to the night museums?” Taec questioned as Mai laughed.

“We are. Pretty boy here forced us to come back because he refuses to use the public toilets,” Mai rolled her eyes as Chansung frowned at her choice of words to describe him.