Chapter 24

Death's Embrace

Sorry for the late update D:

I'm a failure ㅠ__ㅠ.  LOL JK, enjoy~

 

Written by Lily

Chapter 24:

 

Taking two steps at a time, Lilly made her way down the stairs of the house until she got to the first floor. She took long strides towards a certain bedroom, before she tored open the bedroom door and kicked the lump that was under the bed sheets.

Both Nichkhun and Junsu awoke from their slumber upon the bedroom door slamming open and simply watched as Lilly attempted to wake the sleeping lioness that was Miyu.

“Yah, get up!” Lilly snapped, now toe jabbing Miyu’s form.

“YAH!” Lilly screamed taking hold of the bed sheets that covered Miyu and yanking them off of her.

By instinct, Miyu’s body which had been sprawled out on the bed quickly curled up into a ball.

“Unni, five more minutes” Miyu groaned as Khun and Junsu edged their way out of the bedroom, having shared a bedroom with Miyu for quite some time now, they knew Miyu was not a morning type of person.

“No, now!”

“She must have a death wish or something” Khun muttered to Junsu then whimpered as Lilly sent a deadly glare his way.

Turning back to Miyu, she let out a sigh.

“We’ve got to go to the organization”

Miyu quickly shot up from her bed, eyes wide open.

“A mission?” Miyu questioned as Lilly shrugged her shoulder as a reply.

The truth was, she had no idea what her Appa wanted since he had been so discreet over the phone during her morning jog.

“Who knows? Just hurry up and get changed. He wants us there as soon as possible” She explained as Miyu nodded and swung her legs over the side of her bed.

“I’m going to go change out of these clothes. I'll meet you down stairs in 10?”

Miyu simply nodded at Lilly's request and watched her retreat out of her bedroom along with Junsu and Nichkhun who figured Miyu would like some privacy while getting changed.

Ten minutes later after having both changed, the pair met downstairs and were about to take their leave when they were stopped by a rope, of all things, that wrapped around the two pulling them together.

“Busted” Miyu sighed as they both turned their heads to see an angry Nona holding the end of the rope with Junsu, Nichkhun, Junho, Jaebum and Wooyoung behind her.

“Just where do you think you two are going? You two know what day it is, right?” Nona asked, although it wasn't hard to guess what day Nona was talking about.

It was a day that all the DMG members tried to get out of and lucky for Miyu and Lilly, they did actually have a real reason to leave the house this time.

“Nonaaa~, we have to go to the korean organization. Appa wants to talk to us~” Lilly let out a whine as Miyu nodded her head in agreement.

Nona’s eyes narrowed at the two who flinched under her gaze.

“How can I be sure you two are telling the truth? Last year you tried to get out of it as well.”

“We're not lying this time” Lilly cried as Miyu sneakily took out one of her knives and slashed through the ropes that bound Lilly and her together.

“Unni, let's make a break for it!” She shouted as the two girls ran for their lives out the front door, slamming it shut behind them while hearing Nona shouting for them to come back.

Hopping into Miyu’s car, she pressed her foot down on the accelerator and away they went, leaving the house that an angry Nona resided in, in their dust.

-

-

-

“I'm going to kill those two” Nona grumbled as she walking into the living room to find Lyssa and Mai stood by the television talking.

“Aren't you both supposed to be down in the basement?” She questioned as Mai laughed and turned to Nona.

“Get a load of this Nona! Taecyeon and Chansung want to learn how to fight and they want me to teach them” She giggled as Nona raised an eyebrow and looked at Lyssa for confirmation.

“It's true. Taec and I had a talk while you were holding Lilly Unni and Miyu captive for cleaning day. I told him that he has to understand that if I don't get stronger and learn these things, then I won't be able to protect him if the time should come that I have to risk my life to do so”

“And what did he think of that?”

“He hated it. He said it's the man's job in the relationship to protect the girl but obviously I wasn’t going to back down. So instead he told me he will learn to fight with me so we can protect each other. It’s kind of romantic”

“It’s kind of stupid if you ask me” Mai commented, folding her arms.

“Well it’s good to know that you and Taecyeon have sorted out your relationship issues, but I’m confused. How did Chansung get dragged into this situation?” Nona questioned curiously when Taecyeon walked past her to stand next to Lyssa happily.

“That would be my fault” Taec beamed as his arms found their way around Lyssa’s waist.

“I always knew it would be either Taec or Mai that send me to an early grave, turns out it could be both of them together” Chansung groaned, suddenly by Nona’s side looking less enthusiastic about the situation than his friend.

“Come on Channie, it’ll be fun. You know you have great leg power. Imagine what you can do with it if you learn fighting skills from Mai” Taec tried to cheer him up but it had no effect on Chansung what-so-ever.

“Wow, was that almost a compliment?” Mai asked with an edge of sarcasm to her voice.

“Don’t get used to it” Taec hissed as Mai suddenly laughed and slapped Taec across the back which caused him to fall forward slightly from impact.

“Awch, , that hurt!” Taec shouted as Mai rolled her eyes.

“Man up you big baby” She smirked and proceeded to walk out of the front room, but not before whispering “ This could be fun after all” into Nona’s ear.
-

-

-

Stepping into the darkened room, in front of them, Miyu and Lily took in the giant screen that Mr. Park currently was displayed on.  

“Hello ladies” Mr Park greeted with a crooked smile on his lips, his voice sending goosebumps down both of the girls' spines.

Even Lilly was surprised by the effect her Appa’s voice had on her. It was sickly sweet compared to his voice she had heard over the phone when he had called her earlier. She was curious as to what cause him to be in such a “good” mood but she stopped herself from asking.

“What was it that you wanted to talk about Daddy?” Lilly spoke up first as Miyu’s eyes lingered on the gun that Mr. Park had been polishing all this time without them having realized. Even if they were seeing it through the screen and Mr. Park was no where near then, the sight of it didn't fail to instill fear in their minds.

He placed the gun down on the table in front of him and with a flick of his wrist, one of the assistant strode into the room from out of a darkened corner and placed a file on the dark wooded table in front of them.

“There are documents for each of the girls in your team. They are also a list of  items you will need for your next mission” Mr Park said as Lilly stepped forward and took out the documents.

Miyu scanned over the items on the list before looking up at Mr Park.

“What type of mission will this be?” She asked curiously.

Equipment such as guns, knifes and other deadly weapons were always a must on any mission they received but she was never required to get an evening dress, or a date for a mission.

“The company is throwing a party in 2 weeks, a masked ball to be precise. It will be in Paris, France. The location hasn't been decided, but I will let you know as soon as the plans has been finalized. A few other assassin organizations will be there who we are partners with. Your team's job is to find and kill those organization leaders. With them people out of the way, their organization will be taken over by me” Mr. Park smirked at his crafty plan.

“We need dates?” Lilly questioned eyeing the last word printed on their list.

“I don’t care who it is. You just have to blend in with the crowd at the party until you think the time is right to attack” Mr. Park explained as Lilly nodded her head slowly.

“We won’t disappoint you Appa” She bowed 90 degrees as Miyu quickly copied her Unni’s actions.

“There will be dancing and to blend in you must dance. Think of it as a ball that doesn't have a happy ending like in fairy tales” Mr. Park advised as both girl stood up and nodded their heads in understanding.

“You have two weeks. Do not disappoint me girls. I will be there the night of the party” Mr. Park spoke as both Lilly and Miyu stopped themselves from showing their shocked facial expressions.

Mr. Park had never been there during one of their missions. Usually, he would just give them their mission and then they would call him to let him know that the job had been done.

“You may leave” He said, picking up his gun once again and began to examine it. A moment later the screen turned off and the two assassins were left in darkness, thinking about the new information they were given.

Stepping out of Mr. Park’s office, Miyu rubbed her arms as they both began to walk through the organization to make their way to the parking lot.

“I swear, your Appa is sometimes scarier than me on a bad day”

Lilly sighed and nodded her head in agreement, her eyes looking down at the list she had hold of.

“We need dates, masks and dresses that will hide any weapons we carry. Not to mention we have to learn how to dance, all in just 2 weeks” Lilly said looking to Miyu.

Miyu suddenly beamed and spun around.

“Well, I don’t know about you but I happen to be a great dancer” She grinned spinning around once again but Lilly could see through her obvious lie.

It was a well known fact that Miyu didn’t have the slightest clue how to dance.

“Whatever you say twinkle toes” Lilly laughed when something wiped the smile of her face. Out of the corner of her eye, Lilly caught sight of a very familiar person.

Her eyes rounded and she spun in that person's direction, only to see him turn a corner.

“GiKwang?!” She shouted running after the figure.

“Unni” Miyu said as she chased after Lilly in surprise over the name that had just emerged from Lilly’s mouth.

Turning a corner, Lilly came face to face with a boy standing just a bit taller than herself with dark hair and deep brown eyes.

It wasn’t him though. It wasn’t Gikwang who she so desperately wanted that person to be. Lilly was disappointed and that disappointment inside of her soon changed to rage.

“YOU’RE NOT HIM!” She screamed as tears suddenly poured from her eyes.

The next few seconds were a blur.

 
Lilly dropped to her knees as the boy who had stood in front of her seconds before fell to the ground, dead.


Lilly’s body shook as tears wouldn’t stop falling, her hands were shaking with her silent gun in her hands, smoke coming from the tip after shooting the gun a point blank range.

“Unni!” Miyu quickly said in complete shock as Lilly quickly jumped, turning her gun against Miyu.

Miyu’s eyes rounded as she put her hands up slowly.

The tears in Lilly’s eye blurred her vision but her other senses were working like crazy. The smell of warm fresh blood seeping out of the dead boy behind her stung her nostrils and Miyu’s shallow breathing greeted her ears.

“W-What’s happening to me? He didn’t do anything wrong so why did he have to go away? Why did he have to go and leave me here all alone? How could he think I‘d be okay with him not being here?!” Lilly sobbed, lowering her gun as Miyu let out a silent sigh of relief.

“Unni, there’s nothing we can do about the past. Right now we have to get out of here before anyone sees this” Miyu advised, for once taking the lead and grabbed her Unni by the arm helping her up onto her feet.

The two girls made their way out of the organization unnoticed as the tears dried up on Lilly’s face.

The drive home was silent as Miyu replayed the scene in her head over and over again. Something was seriously wrong with her Unni and it was something she would have to let the other Unnies know about.

‘Why do I have to be the strong one in DMG right now?’ She thought to herself as she drove them both home.