Winter's Child

Living on the Wild Side...

 

WARNING LONG CHAPTER AHEAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyeri helped you up the stairs as you noticed that the puddle had disappeared. *Just my luck… at least it’s gone now…* you thought as you gave Hyeri a grateful smile. She returned it, as her eyes sparkled under the moonlight. *Such a happy gir-*

‘Oh I’m curious yeah!’ interrupted your comfortable silence as Hyeri cursed underneath her breath. “One second…” she muttered before she left you, leaning against a wall to answer her call. After she was a ‘safe distance’ away, she picked it up with a rather scared expression. You only heard bits of the conversation, but it was enough for you to pick out what was happening.

“Da-…” she moved the phone anyway from her as she scrunched her face. “I’m sorry…yes…yes…it’s not that lat-…yes…I’m sorry…I’ll…home…soon” she had an irritated expression on her face as soon as she turned around but quickly faked a smile. You smiled back, muttering “just go home…” Her face changed immediately with concern, as she mentioned “but your leg…” you lifted up your hand and shoo-ed her away with a smile. Standing up, you faked the most normal walk you can do, before she finally smiled. “I-I’m sorry… call me when you get home ok? Don’t go through the shortcut! YAH! You listening?” you smiled as she continued on “a lone female shouldn’t go down the tunnels; I’m expecting a call from you in 40 mins…the exact time it takes for the long path.”

You laughed at her concerned expression as her expression lit up, “here’s your bag…clean it when you get home, its filthy, or throw it in the bin…I’ll get you a new one for you birthday…in like 10 months” you smiled as you shook your head. “I’ll just clean it” before she nodded and slowly ran away, turning around to jump up and down to wave goodbye. A smile spread across your face as she slowly disappeared from your sight. Then you took a step before you face contorted in pain.

You took slow steps, due to your injured ankle, as you thought about the experience at the club previously. *Is he dating? W-with her? But she just introduced herself… yet she called him ‘my baby’?* questions flooded into your mind as you remembered him dancing with you. Although you thought it was a complete stranger (even though he is sort of a stranger now) dancing with you, it felt so…so right… *Wait…yah JIHAE-aH…why are you falling for that pabo-ah…hrmm? He’s just a friend* tears brimmed at the bottom of your eyes as noticed something in the back of your mind. Quickly you opened up your handbag as you scanned through it searching for your phone. Relieved you raised the mobile up to the sky as you stood there staring at a pink plush key chain as it shone in the moonlight. *I miss you Kyungsoo…” you thought as your mind wondered down memory lane…

Hands wrapped around your eyes, as you gasped in shock from the sudden contact. They were warm, fairly rough hands and immediately you knew who it was. “Y-yah Kyungsoo-ah!” you exclaimed playfully as you heard a giggle behind you. He finally let go, as you turned around and let out a soft smile. The wind blew through your hair, as your eyes sparkled underneath the warm sun. “Haven’t seen you all day…” you said as you released a smile.

“Hrmm… so?” he questioned with an eyebrow raised. You pouted and he let out a laugh. “I only see you like 3 days a week…so why are you so sad hmmm?” he said playfully as you gasped at him shocked. *He couldn’t have forgotten…not today…could he?* you questioningly thought as he stared at you puzzled. He raised an eyebrow and you could feel your blood boil. “Y-YAH!!!! Don’t you know what today is?” you yelled, as he flinched at the sudden scream. His expression was still blank as you stared at him in awe… *You’ve never forgot today’s date…right?* you thought but looked at him again. He was just so…clueless? You felt saddened, as you blamed his bad memory on his workload. *I mean he never forgets…right?*

Suddenly he walked towards you, disrupting your thoughts as you smirked *I knew it, he remembered… just playing stupid…y-yah! Kyungsoo-ah*. You prepared yourself for his speech, as he suddenly clumsily tripped over his own foot, hugging you in the process. Eyes widened, you scoffed and stared at him. His face was just next to yours as he leant it over your shoulder. Your face turned red as you pushed his face away. There was a smug expression on his face as you stared at him, wide eyed. *My god... he seriously forgot it?* you thought as your ego shrank. *I must not be that important*, you faked a smile before you backed away. You were still extremely close to him due to his random fall, and that hug didn’t make you feel any better about him forgetting… “I-I was j-just joking, nothings on today…” you muttered before turning around. *He must have a lot on his mind to forget your birthday…don’t want to stress him out further Jihae…*

You slowly took a step away from him, and then another, as the wind slowly became chilly. You wrapped your arms around yourself as your expression saddened. Staring at the sky, clouds quickly formed, covering the sunlight as your face darkened. *Great…perfect weather…on a day like this as well…* you depressingly thought as you slowly took another step away from him. You were about to take another slow step until-

Listen to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGKVlU_i28A

“Gyeoure taeeonan…”a nice thick low voice interrupted the awkward silence. You froze as you continued to listen to the mesmerizing voice. You were intoxicated listening only to the first two words as you felt yourself fall into a daze.

“areumdaun dangshineun…” slowly proceeded after, as shivers ran down your spine.  You were surprised by the thick roughness of the voice, yet its smooth sound was simply bliss in your ears. The anaesthetic of the overall voice with the song brought wonderful vibes into your body as you shook under the cold chilly wind. A white sparkle landed on your arm, as you stared it at in wonder. A perfectly shaped snowflake had just landed on your hand as you admired its beauty. Looking up, you noticed several other snowflakes drifting slowly in the air as it slowly danced to the smooth rich voice.

“Gyeoure taeeonan…” erupted throughout the air, as you followed the voice with your ears, eyes staring wide eyed at the sky. Snowflakes slowly danced along to the serenade, as you turned around and faced Kyungsoo, with a bright smile on your face.

He opened his lips again as he sang “Saengil chukha hamnida…”Wide eyed you stared at him as snowflakes gently fell on his smooth black hair. The richness of his voice enveloped you again, and you realised, that he had never sang to you before. A smile played on his lips and he continued his soft serenade to you. B your eyes with tears… *Yah that pabo-ah! I actually thought he forgot…* you thought as tears silently rolled down your face. His eyes widened as he stiffened at your reaction, but a bright smile appeared on your face. With tears cascading down your face, and a bright smile, Kyungsoo slowly relaxed as he continued to sing, eyes softly feeling the song.

The snow continued to gently fall, as you stood there staring at him while you smiled. *He looks so happy when he sings…* you thought as you continued your bright smile, only occasionally, staring up into the sky to see the snowflakes dance to his voice. *Such a beautiful smile* he thought, as he stood there softly serenading a happy birthday song to you.

The song slowly finished, and you lightly clapped for him, not wanting to ruin the pretty mood, with your crazy jumps or yells. So you suppressed your true nature in and clapped, genuinely clapped and smiled. He stopped singing as tears continued to roll down your eyes. Before he slowly walked towards you, snow still falling, as the grass and trees became your white winter wonderland. Only now did you notice him carrying a back pack as he took it off, and took a nice furry jacket out of it.

“I’m sorry, I had to wait for the right moment…” he muttered as he gently wrapped the jacket around you. “I mean… the weather forecast said it was going to snow today…so I had to wait…” he lightly smiled as he cupped your face with his hands, wiping away your tears. “But then you tried to walk away…so…so I just sang…” you nodded and smiled at his explanation as he took you in for a massive bear hug yelling “HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY SHIN JIHAE”. Tears erupted out of your eyes as he let go shocked. Opening his eyes wide, he slowly joked “my singing wasn’t that bad was it?” as he raised his hand and pointed it at himself, with a shocked expression. You furiously shook your head from side to side as he laughed at your childlike nature.

“You know…” he started as you slowly looked up at him. “Most girls look really pretty when they cry…but you…you’re an exception” he playfully smiled as he lightly ran away. You stood there dumbfounded before you yelled “Y-YAH I’M GOING TO KILL YOU” as you ran and chased him down. You neared the top of a hill as he turned around and yelled “CATCH!”. Reflexes took over and you caught the flying object into your arms. Your eyes widened as he stopped and stared at your expression, with a warm smile.

“Y-yah when did you get this?!?” you pointed at your mobile which was now in your palms. *I swear it was in my pocket* you thought before he yelled back “N-not that PABO the thing CONNECTED to it”. You noticed a black string attached to the top of your phone as your eyes trailed the string. There at the end was the cutest pink phone chain ever. “I-I’m not that clumsy you know… that fake stack and hug wasn’t entirely pointless…” he muttered as you turned red. “Anyways…like it? I made it…” he said boastingly as he put up a smug expression. “I asked all the ahjummas in the village and they helped me...”he mentioned as you smiled, nodding.

“You know…its supposed to be a dumpling…” he said as he approached you. “Since your face is soo small and cute…” he roughly pinched your cheeks as he ran off chuckling. Your face turned super red as you repeating his words in your head *cute…cute…he called me cutee…* Before the pain hit you and you started to furiously rub you cheeks… *ouch…he doesn’t have to pinch that hard* you thought as you ran after him again “I’M SERIOUSLY GOING TO KILL YOU”.  Several laughs escaped both of your lips as you ran around in your winter wonderland…

The phone chain was still dangling in the moonlight as a smile spread across your face. You could feel the tears lining up at the bottom of your eyes but you couldn’t cry. *I’ve missed him… yet he doesn’t know me…I’ve spent all these years wondering what to tell him when I see him again…crying in bed all night…and now when I finally see him…I can’t say anything…I can’t even cry anymore…* you thought as you continued to stare at the key chain dangling in the moonlight. *I miss you Kyungsoo…the real kyungsoo…*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ngawww… I seriously love writing the flashbacks the most. You know when its all happy and all. But as soon as it’s the real world again its always sooo sad.

But don’t worry… soon enough it should get happier. With you and kyungsoo meeting a lot more often hehe AND THEN THE LOVE LINES WILL OFFICIALLY BEGIN WOOO

ANYWAYS I’M SOO HAPPY NOW... VERY HAPPY CHAPTER…

COOOKIEMONSTER OUT!

I AM OUT!

PEACE OUT! <3

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE LOVE YOU ALL