Eavesdropping

Living on the Wild Side...

 

“Yah, where’s Baekhyun?” you turned over to give Hyeri a small heartless smile. Still feeling slightly dizzy about the whole flame accident, you tried to get over it. After all, it was at least a good twenty minutes or so ago. But that wasn’t the major thing currently bothering you. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun weren’t back. And, honestly, it would’ve been a lie to say you weren’t worried. The unreadable face expression Kyungsoo had on, before he left, still daunted on you.

“They’re still outside talking…” you lightly mumbled, slowly bringing up a hand to clear your fringe away from your view. It was an act of worry, and Hyeri saw through all your little forced smiles.

“D-do you want me to go outside and call them?” Her voice a slight whisper. You shook your head, she must’ve mistakened you’re awkward and troubled expression, as a symptom for separation anxiety, between you and Kyungsoo, but it wasn’t. You couldn’t put your finger on it, but you seriously weren’t feeling right.

“Nah, I’m fine…”

“I’m not talking about you. The food’s going to get cold. Oh my, Baekhyun’s already skinny enough as it is. He shouldn’t be missing out on an all-you-can-eat buffet.” You resisted a laugh, but it came out anyway. *And I thought all this time she was worried about me…* you pondered.

“Thanks for worrying about me too–“

“Oh my, what happened? You look horrible…”

“I love you too…” Finally, she broke out into a hearty chuckle. It lasted longer than you expected, and you ended up joining her. Her laugh was seriously contagious sometimes.

“I saw it all. I was worried too, but you had your future hubby, Kyungsoo protecting you. Honestly, that kid. I was next to him talking about, ehrm… fish? Yes fish… But he wouldn’t take his eyes off you. And then, next thing I knew; massive flame, you safely in Kyungsoo’s grasp, and then he helped you over to the table. Oh my, it’s just like a drama. I envy your relationship, besides the whole past part of it, but first the ice cream, now the save-“

You ignored the rest of her long, boring speech. *Besides the whole past part of it…* was echoing in your ears, but you didn’t understand. That part for some reason seemed so important now. But you pushed it away, before smiling and nodding. You were pretending to listen into her, but she immediately whacked you on the arm.

“Yah! At least when you pretend to listen to me, you should make it realistic. I mean just because Kyungsoo and you have-“

“Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure Baekhyun’s interested in you too.” You interrupted her. An inescapable smile forming on her lips.  *This girl seriously cannot hide her expressions. One glance and everyone can tell what she’s thinking…*

“You really think so?” She quickly fixed her hair, smiling secretly to herself.

“I know so. Young love, so cute…”

“Yah! Your relationship is ‘young love’ too. Ignore your past history, since he doesn’t remember. And wallah, you’re on the same boat as I am. Ahh! Young love, so cute… Anyways, I’m sick of talking to you. You look like a dying puppy, go get some sleep or something. I’m out to give Baekhyun-oppa a special dumpling…”

She held out a small plate with one dumpling in the middle. She was softly giggling to herself, while she eyed the dumpling. You peered at her, then the dumpling, before you opened out your mouth and took one massive bite out of the dumpling.

“JIHAE!–“

“That’s what you get for calling me a ‘dying puppy’, by the way, nice dumpling.” You evilly smirked at her, while she continued to glare.

“Oh my – Now I have to wait for ten more minutes, before I can take another one of these ‘chef special’ dumplings. Your one mean, mean unnie.”

“I love you too…” you blew her a kiss, rubbing extra salt into the wound. She looked exasperated, you knew it was all an act; after all, she was the biggest drama queen in the world.

“Anyways, I’ll listen to you, my cute, loveable dongsaeng.”

“That’s me~” she brightly sung, abruptly interrupting your sentence. But you quickly recovered and continued.

“Make sure you get Kyungsoo a Chef’s special dumpling too, he’s getting skinner lately as well. I don’t want to get in between all of your’s and Baekhyuns corny relationship, so I’m going to sleep.” She brightly nodded, before you stood up. Kyungsoo was still running through your thoughts, so you turned around, asking for one last favour.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure Kyungsoo’s alright, I mean D.O. Were meant to call him D.O right?”

You nodded smiling. That was definitely your best friend; she knew what you wanted to ask before you even mentioned it.

“Yeah, he looked worried and his expression wasn’t too bright. Take care of him as well, arasso? Don’t get too lovey dovey with Baekhyun in front of Kyungsoo. Were alike, trust me, and I’m pretty sure he’ll end up puking…”

She gave you the glare. Before breaking into a smile. “De, unnie, take care. I’ll be up whenever, I and Baekhyun are done. Then I’ll tell you how’s Kyungsoo doing arasso? Goodnight~” she sung before you both waved at each other.

“Time to get the dumplings!” Hyeri excitedly yelled to herself, alerting Suho, Minnie, Sehun and Chanyeol. But they quickly immersed themselves in the food again.

 

“This one’s for Kyungsoo. And this one’s for Baekhyun-oppa” she walked out of the restaurant; a proud smile, plastered on her face. At least now, she knew you wouldn’t scold her, when she walked back into the dorm. After all, she did listen and was currently, about to finish off the little favours you asked.

*Where are they?* She was at a loss of thoughts, so she walked down to the nearest hallway. Then the some corridor, yet the two males were not anywhere in sight. She heard two low voices, nearby and quickly approached the slightly opened door. It was a dark room, a lamp probably the only light source. So she couldn’t see anything.

“Yes. Err… More… more… Oppa. Yes.” She froze. Her face immediately turning bright beetroot red. It was undoubtedly the most awkward encounter in her life. The female continually , while Hyeri silently tip toed her way back towards the door. Before breaking into a quick sprint.

She ran for her life, trying to escape the uhm… couple. And quickly found cover in the staircase. Only now, did she realise voices were echoing through the walls. The two dumplings safe in hand, she took light fairy steps up the stairs to get closer to the sounds.

It was two males. She worked that much out, but they were still too far away, too sound like any coherent conversation.

Bingo!

“Hyung, I saw something again…” Hyeri stopped in mid-movements, the voices were now, clear and familiar.

“What did you see? Another nightmare?” She definitely knew these voices. It actually sounded a lot like Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, but that wouldn’t make sense. They were supposed to be outside the restaurant talking…

She quickly back-tracked her steps, opening the staircase door to find the restaurant just directly in front of her. *Crap…* she didn’t have to run around the corridors searching for them, they were freaking in the staircase opposite the restaurant.

*Pabo-Hyeri-ah, Pabo* but her thoughts were quickly interrupted.

“Another vision…”

“Was it bad?” she could now accurately pin point who was talking. Kyungsoo was mumbling about some sort of vision thing, while Baekhyun was questioning him about it. *No wonder Jihae was worried, Kyungsoo sees STUFF*

She couldn’t accurately hear the rest of the conversation. They had started to mumble to each other. That part must’ve been important, because they were cautious about their volume. Hyeri pondered, but continued to listen.

“Female, blurry face…burnt…barbeque…firefighter…scared of fire…scared of fire too…” Hyeri was completely lost. Whatever, they were talking about; it was definitely not the stuff she was thinking of.

Unless, Kyungsoo sees a female ghost, with a blurry face, who got burnt because of a barbeque and she now wants to become a firefighter, because she’s scared of fire. Oh wait, scared of fire too. *Yep, but there was no other way to link ghosts, with his stories. After all he sees visions right, as in ghosts?* She shrugged away her pointless thoughts, she’ll just tell you later at the room.

“Kyungsoo? Baekhyun? I came to give you guys some dumplings…”

It would be a lie, to say they both did not literally jump when she spoke.

*Note to self. Tell Jihae this.* she memorized before smiling at the two males who now stood before her. 

--

Guys, I'm back! Even though its like the end of my holidays, and i promised you guys i would get an update on my first day of holidays. Aigoo. I'm a bad author. *Lightly taps myself on head as a punishment and pleads for your forgiveness*. -- I'm acutally really thinking deeply about this story, how to let everything out. And how to end it. I know guys, this story shall start reaching the end. Maybe in twenty or so chapters? Probably less -- but the ending should be coming up. I'm guessing probably 15 chapters.But yeah... yoou guys should all keep that in mind. I seriously love reading your comments. So please, if you havent comment before just a small 'i love this story so far', would give me soooooooooo much motivation to write <3 trust me. It's on you my lovely commenters and subscribers, that i could perservere through this. I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU ALL. *Runs into a corner and crys. Okay. Runs into a corner and wails.*

btw... i know the picture had no relevance to the chapter. But you know, i couldnt be bothered finding a picture relevant to eavesdropping. Or Kyungsoo and Baekhyun talking in a staircase. It's currently 2 am, and suddenly my conscience whacked me in the face and was like. You should really get an update up, so i did. LOL. goodnight~ Oh yeah, btw, have you guys heard. Do you know Two Moons, well of course you doo, but D.O sings Key's bit. OMFGNASFNKAG -- someone better put up a fancam soon or i'm going to cry. I need more D.O english.

-- i am out -- peace out -- coookiemonster out -- please remember to comment and subscribe