Fear of Flames...

Living on the Wild Side...

 

“Just freaking wear anything…” you whined for the umpteenth time. You were currently in your shared room with Hyeri. She was fussing over what to wear, well basically because Baekhyun was going to be there. You on the other hand, were dressed in a casual white shirt and shorts. After all, it was a freaking relaxation hotel…

“They probably started the buffet already! I want to eat…” your whining was uncontrollable. Frankly, you don’t think straight on an empty stomach. With a low sigh, she finally agreed; dressing casually, she checked herself in the mirror one last time before you both walked down the corridors.

You met the other six males, Minnie and their manager at the front door of the buffet restaurant on the second floor. You were surprised that the manager was going to pay food for you three as well, you did bring some money yourself, but he just politely shook his head.

“Wahh!” Minnie exclaimed as soon as you all entered the restaurant. He pulled the maknae Sehun off somewhere, probably to the chocolate fountain, you assumed. Hyeri had a smile plastered on her face while the both of you followed the six remaining males. They led you to a table. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol volunteering to help you and Hyeri get food. Glancing around you peered at all the different varieties of food. What to eat, what to eat? You lightly pondered.

Sushi? Meat? Rice? Noodles? You quickly found a chef who was frying noodles in a pan. In awe, you stood in front of him and watched him fry the noodles.

“Want anything my pretty lady?” he cheesily questioned before you lightly shook your head chuckling.

He gave you a brief nod and smile, before he returned to his cooking. He was flipping vegetables around in the pan, before he threw in the noodles and meat. He was cooking over a large fire. It lightly flickered and burned brightly before you quickly took a step back. Fire, you never liked it and you never will…

Small chuckles sounded before you and you eyed the chef. He was young, at least in his early twenties, and you questioningly stared at him.

“You sure you don’t want any fried noodles? I can specially make you something if you want?” he gestured again. You thought for a brief moment. After all, you had to get food for all ten of you guys. Some fried noodles should get them full right?

You turned around scanning for the other three who were supposed to help you get food. Hyeri was at the snack and appetizer section, while Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were bringing back drinks. Might as well, you lightly nodded to the chef before smiling.

“Okay! Make me the most delicious fried noodles then please!” He nodded in return before he poured out the contents of his current noodles on a plate.

“EXCUSE ME! TABLE 13! YOU’RE NOODLES ARE DONE!” he called out. A lady quickly came over snatched the plate and walked back to her table. He was rinsing out his pan or something now, but you completely ignored him. Your eyes focused on the brightly lit flame. You had paranoia, or a fear that the fire was going to suddenly become uncontrollable and burn off the whole hotel.

“So what do you want to eat?” a voice called but your eyes remained on the flame. Your heart rate increasing, as it pounded in your chest. Only when a pan was placed on top of the flame did you realised the chef was eyeing you strangely.

“Do you want anything special to eat?” he questioned again. You forced on your most natural smile, your eyes slowly moving back towards the flame before you quickly mumbled aloud.

“Surprise me…”

He gave a light nod in response and walked off somewhere to get ingredients. He came back with oil which he lightly used to douse the fire to making it burn brighter. You slowly stood up on your tippy toes. You were a bit too short to get a full view of the fire; after all, you had to make sure it didn’t suddenly go crazy. It took a second or so, the flame. The chef had walked away again, and only now did you realize what was going to happen.

The flame bursted to life. It didn’t once leave its holdings. But it was so sudden, so unexpected. It nearly grazed your arm, until a firm grasp lightly wrapped around your wrist and pulled you back. You were petrified. The adrenaline still seeping through your blood while you heavily breathed in and out, in and out… It happened a lot whenever you saw a flame. Your heart rate – unmeasurable – while you lightly peered at the figure in front of you…

You wanted to say thank you, or anything. But your head slowly felt dizzy. The near death experience with your childhood trauma must’ve been too overwhelming. The male before you turned around and you instantly recognized who it was.

“Kyungsoo…” your head was throbbing. You couldn’t think properly.

“Yah! JIHAE! Why the hell were you so close to the fire? You could’ve got burnt! Are you okay? Yah you pabo-ah!” he’s voice softly rung in your ears. Your eyes were drooping down now, you could only smile in return. He was worried. His voice so loud and clear. It may have been a scold but you could clearly hear the slight hint of concern in his tone.

“You okay?” he softly asked again, this time making sure that his voice had dropped down a notch. Raising a hand up to your forehead you nodded weakly.

“You big dumb pabo-ah. I thought you were scared of flames? Why the hell did you stand so close?” You immediately stiffened up. *Scared of flames? How the hell did he know? Unless… He remembers me?* your headache prevented anymore thoughts, while you dumbly let out a shrug. He slowly helped you to your seat at the table before he motioned something to Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo looked angry? Worried? You couldn’t tell. He’s expression was unreadable, before he quickly dragged Baekhyun off somewhere. They had exited the restaurant and you quickly glanced back, at the four remaining males. They looked surprised and worried, but a reassuring smile from you made the atmosphere less intense.

After all, *He…remembers…me…*

«««»»»

“What is it… what D.O-ah?” the older male complained while he was dragged down the corridors. He was unbelievably hungry – his hunger must’ve blinded him, because he couldn’t read Kyungsoo’s suddenly serious expression.

“Oh yeah, what happened to Jihae?” he softly questioned still ignoring the intense gaze that Kyungsoo currently held.

“Hyung…”

“What is it?” Baekhyun was getting impatient now. He seriously wanted to fill up his empty stomach.

“Hyung, I saw something again…”Kyungsoo seemed lost. He seemed worried. Baekhyun gave him a look, slowly understanding the sudden solemn atmosphere…

“What did you see? Another nightmare?” Kyungsoo lightly shook his head from side to side before he glanced at Baekhyun.

“Another vision…” he meekly mumbled. Baekhyun pondered for a moment, contemplating those words before his mouth formed an ‘o’.

“Was it bad?” Kyungsoo immediately nodded.

“Do you know how I told you back then, that I get these visions?” he paused for a moment, waiting for Baekhyun’s nod before he continued “Yeah well I was with someone else again. That same female… but her face was blurry again… Anyways, I had one just then when Jihae almost got burnt – it was something about a barbeque and about being a firefighter…I hadn’t had one… since well. Since five years ago…”

Baekhyun looked equally as lost as Kyungsoo was – but more news was coming. Well, kyungsoo looked like he had more on his mind, so Baekhyun decided to remain silent.

“For some reason, before, I suddenly blurted out about Jihae being scared of fire and then she suddenly froze up. She like stiffened up as if, her big ‘secret’ had just been told or something…” Kyungsoo continued, trying to remember the exact scene that had happened before.

Baekhyun continued listening. Kyungsoo looked serious, but he didn’t get what this story of Jihae had to do with firefighters and barbeques… “So maybe she’s scared of fire?” Baekhyun shrugged. Kyungsoo was silent, so Baekhyun decided that was it. After all, if Kyungsoo had nothing left to say, what he said must’ve reassured Kyungsoo in some way, right?

But after one step Kyungsoo suddenly called out… “But the girl in the vision was scared of fire too…”

«««»»»

OMGOMG -- GOOD NEWS GUYS - I'M STILL ALIVE LOL... i feel like i haven't updated in awhile -- i've been a dead author -- i know IM SORRY. Shall we get the story going now? I TOLD YOU GUYS THIS TRIP IS GOING TO BE WORTH REMEMBERING... AFTER ALL, SHALL ALL THE SECRETS COME OUT NOW?? hrmm...

It's been fillers up until now, its because i still had school -- but now it's my first day of my two week long break... SO -- this story shall start progressing very smoothly... I shall try and get another update by tommorrow -- but anyways, time to talk about the chapter...

D.O HAS VISIONS? -- OF SOME GIRL THAT HE 'DOESN'T' KNOW? -- AND APPARENTLY SHE'S SCARED OF FIRE TOO -- I hopee you guys could link the firefighter bit with the second chapter... Remember when they were at the waterfall? And he's birthday -- before he 'disappeared'... and he asked you to come because your parents were hosting he's BARBEQUE party -- And you were like, "i don't want to go" and Kyungsoo finished "because your scared of fire?" REMEMBER? REMEMBER? -- Well, he's apparently told Baekhyun about these visions... Getting suspicious anyone? And remember how Baekhyun first met you... and he was like "Shin Jihae, Shin Jihae... The name's familiar?" Well -- D.O tells Baekhyun about visions - Baekhyun finds your name familiar and WALLAH! you guys get the rest... But why hasn't D.O found your name familiar? Sheer coincidence maybe? After all, you've never actually fully introduced your surname to him yet... and he also mentioned in the Rainbow cafe earlier that your name was familiar... LOL guys... i know -- i somehow managed it to link together...

Hopee you guyss remember it all!!! because wow... IT LINKS LOL...

anyways...

cookiemonster out

i am out

peace out

please remember to comment and subscribe ;D I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU ALL FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY HORRIBLE UPDATES...