Book Searching with the Class President

Club for Two

Suzy's POV

Huh?! What?!

It's Chanshik?! 

.......

Joy .___.

I couldn't help but cringe but he disappointedly said that it was him. I wasn't that bad! I mean, Joongki and Sandeul never complained about me...right? Sighing, I placed my head on the table and hoped someone would offer to switch jobs with me. Hopefully, the job looked exremely appealing now since Chanshik was working on this job too. Lifting my head so that just my chin rested on the desk, I scanned the room to look for anyone considering to trade jobs. 

No one did. Oh great. 

Chanshik took a deep breath in front of the room and said in a decisive tone, "Okay, moving on!"

I didn't listen to the rest of his speech, and daydreamed about what to do for the next club period and what was going to be for dinner tonight. Hopefully, mom will make beef soup with carrots. And for dessert, I hope we have lychees...too bad lychees are kind of expensive now. Mom probably won't buy them for dessert, instead she'll buy pears or apples. 

"Ok! Finished!" Chanshik declared when the bell rang, signaling the end of school, and pulling me back from the future.

Yay! Dinner~ 

I lifted my head up and started to head out of the classroom to pack up to go home.

"Wait!" Chanshik yelled behind me. What? Just because we are going to work together doesn't mean you can get all chummy on me.

"Yeah?" I asked. He crossed his arms and stared at me, like the librarians do when I start spazzing out loudly over something that's happened in a book.

"Don't you remember? We have to go get books for the fair! Weren't you listening?!" he spluttered. Oh dang it...

"Um....so....what's for dinner today?" I said, speaking nonsense. Oh gosh, please don't bully me!

Instead, he sighed like an old grandpa. Seeing him age a million years in one day made it a lot easier to realize he was a bookworm, just like me.

"We're going up stairs to pick out books for the fair," he said leading me to the library, "A bookworm like you should be able to think of good books to read." 

"Do you know where to get cardboard boxes that can hold a ton of books?" he asked. Yep, Joongki had millions of those in his office. Sometimes, they threatened to topple over and bury him like he was stuck in a grave. 

"Yeah, Joongki has some," I answered, nonchalently.

"Who's he?" 

I gave him a look. Why doesn't anyone pay (positive)attentionto lowlifes like me and him? We're all equal, right?

"He's the librarian. He has tons of them in his office."

"What kind of books are we looking for?" I asked. He gave me an exasperated look as he opened the door to the library. 

"Books that capture people's interest, like romance novels and adventure stories," he suggested. Billions of titles of books popped into my mind and I smiled dreamily about all the adventures in the books I had read. Too bad my life was the complete opposite. Nil romance and nil adventure, but one hundred percent boringness and bullying. Dang it. 

I skipped into Joongki's office, and Chanshik followed closely behind me, giving me a look that suggested that I was a bit weird. Figures.

"Hey Joongki," I grinned as I poked my head into his office. 

As usual, he was hunching over some book, carefully inspecting it and whatnot. He lifted his head and winked, "Hey bookworm!" 

SQUEAAAALLL!!!

Chanshik coughed next to me quietly, and Joongki's attention shifter from me to him.

"Who's he?" Joongki said with a still face. He had the same attitude towards rich people as I did.

"Class president, Gong Chanshik, meet Song Joongki, the librarian," I motioned to the both of them.

"Hey, nice to meet you," Joongki smiled a bit tightly. I hear his thoughts screaming out, NOT!!

"Nice to meet you, too," Chanshik smiled gracefully, as if he couldn't be bothered by someone like Joongki. 

"Sooo..." I broke the awkward silence, "Joongki, can we use those huge boxes over there for our project for the fair?" 

"Sure, help yourselves. I was just going to throw them out anyways," Joongki said, distractedly, as he went back to his work.

"Thanks!" I said as I went over to the other side of the room and grabbed a couple of boxes. Chanshik did the same.

"See you later!" I said, as we left.

"Bye bye, alligators!" he replied. Rolling my eyes, I smirked. Chanshik looked at me closely as we placed the boxes down.

"So, it seems you and that librarian are really close," he suggested.

"So? It's not like I'm a lone wolf, it's just that people don't like to hang out with me, because I'm a co-" I stopped myself. Almost used the words, commoner. 

"Huh," he grunted, ignoring my cutoff.

We worked in peace and quiet for a few minutes. In this tiny span of time, I had filled up two huge boxes and was working through the third. I glanced over at the number of boxes Chanshik had filled up. 

My eyes bulged out.

Three boxes?! And he was working on his fourth one too!! 

"Whoa!! And you say I'm a bookworm!" I gasped. He turned around and lifted an eyebrow.

"Well, I am the heir to the Gong Industries. Someone has to be educated," he shrugged. Looking through the books he had selected, one book caught my eye.

"Ella Enchanted? I love that book! I didn't know you liked girly fairy tales too!" I grinned. Chanshik whipped around to glare at me, but I was too distracted to notice. I pulled out the book and started to read over it again. (A/N it's a really good book. You should read it if you have a chance)

The book was basically a cool and funny spin-off of Cinderella. The main character, Ella, was "blessed" with the inability to say no. She always had to follow orders. Her stepsisters always bullied her because of this.

Now that I think about it, we had something in common. We were both bullied.  TT.TT

I chuckled at one part, reliving the story in my head. 

"Which part are you on?" Chanshik asked curiously, poking his head over my shoulder to read the part I was on.

"When she tricks the ogres into falling asleep," I smiled.

"I love that part!" he grinned.

Soon, we forgot all about finding books and started to chat about what books we liked and the good parts in each one. I didn't know Chanshik was so fun to talk to! ...Considering that he was part of B1A4 and they had bullied me. 

He looked so nice and peaceful when he was chatting with me. He smiled and laughed a ton, and his eyes crinkled a tiny bit in the edge, showing that he smiled ofted. I had never seen his face so full of joy before, and the only thing I could compare his glowing face right now to was the sun. Literally, it was glowing. 

"Why didn't you join the book club?" he asked. I eyed him warily, I still didn't really consider him a friend, yet. If I told him what I did, would he come and destroy all that I had worked hard for?

"Uh...I'm scared of those people in book club..." I answered, looking at the ground. Oh, awkward.

"Really? There's nothing to be afraid of," he insisted. Psh, I don't like getting bulled, boy! He looked at my expression and realized what I was concerned about. 

"Are you worried about being bullied?" he asked. Wow, he gets straight to the point.

"Hey! You bullied me before! How do I know I can trust you!?" I asked annoyed. I stood up and started to place my boxes in Joongki's room, because tomorrow we had to come back too.

Chanshik just looked at me sympethetically and said quietly when I came back to retrieve my last box, "That's because I had never spoke to you before. I assumed what others had said about you were true." 

These stupid rumors were going to kill me! Raising an eyebrow, I looked at him. He looked pretty sincere, and I pride myself in judging someone's character correctly.

"Well, you know what they say. Assuming makes an a$s out of you and me," I smiled slowly, signaling I forgave him. He smiled back and rushed over to help me with the boxes.