Scars

Club for Two

Suzy's POV

I stared at the floor in the subway, stunned. It's already been how many hours? And I was stil dumbfounded about what happened to me. 

I hate this.

This this horrible. 

If there was a way to take these feelings away, I would, but I can't. I guess I could technically get a lobotomy, but first of all, that's painful, and second of all, I don't have enough money for that. 

I scooted up closer to a pole so that I wouldn't be knocked away by some of the passengers that got on. I watched as they routinely got on the subway to carry on with their schedules. It seems as if everyone's life is like one boring schedule, especially for people my age. We just go to school and come back in a dull cycle.  

But people forget to look at what happens inside those schedules, like unscheduled things such as love confessions or making new friends. I was one of those people.

I sighed and leaned against the pole I was gripping onto, remembering those painful memories I was sure I had already locked away.

A girl rushing up to him...giving him a hug. And he smiled. 

"Let's go, oppa!" she had grinned. He smiled even wider. He had a beautiful smile. In fact, everything about him was beautiful. He was tall, handsome (too cool to be called manly), and had some of those abbs, even though he was only in eighth grade (so I guess you could say that he had the start of those chocolate abbs). It was obvious he was going to become a hottie when he grew up, and all the girls fawned over him....like me. 

But out of all of them, he had picked me. I remembered that he had fidgeted and blushed whenever we talked when we were just friends, and I wondered how such a cool guy could pull off such a look and not look girly. I also wondered why he was so pink all the time. 

Then one day, he asked for my cellphone number, and I was surprised. What did he want with a person like me?

I smiled sadly, remembering that night when I couldn't go to sleep because I was so excited.

I played with my cellphone and fiddled with it all night in the dark, but he didn't call. 

The next night, though, he did, and he sent such a cute text.

 How was your day today? Good night and sweet dreams~ 

-Taekyeon ^.^

He texted me every night, wishing me sweet dreams. At school, we talked more, and I watched as he transformed from a blushing pink to a blushing red. 

Then he confessed. 

... He had told me he loved me, so why was he with another girl? I couldn't bring myself to come from behind the corner to ask him. I saw the girl, though. She was just like Ji-eun. Cute and fairy-like. You could just tell by the way she floated up to him. There was no use of trying, because I was going to lose the battle anyways. 

I thought I would talk it out with Taecyeon the next day and sort it out, but he didn't come that day.

And the next day.

And the day after that.

And the day after that. 

I never saw Taekyeon again.

Flashes of those happy times I had with him, which had only lasted a month, scurried around my head, dodging my attempts to shoo them away. I sighed again. 

How many years had that been? Hm... I think it was 8th grade. From then on, I decided to just concentrate on my studies, so I didn't get so hurt again, so I guess it's been around two years. I thought my heart had already learned it's lesson...BUT NOOO... it just decided to go and plunge right into another stupid scenario, and now my brain is taking the consequences along with my heart. 

"Pabo Pabo Pabo Pabo."

I started muttering this mantra as I stepped out of the subway and and swiped my debit card over the scanner. I went out into the open air and watched my breath condense in the air, and I snuggled into my scarf. I stopped in front of a shopping window for a quick second, looking at myself. What was so great about me that thought that I even had a chance with Taekyeon, anyways?! I was tall, and that was good and all, but I'm nothing like those petite perfect fairies that flock all over the place. 

"Aish!!" I hissed in frustration, kicking a littered can on the floor. Usually a can that hits the floor goes Ptiiiiing!, but this one went-

Clunck! "WHAT THE-" someone cried. 

I looked up in surprise. My eyes grew round in surprise.

"EH?! Aren't you Ju-Junghwan?!" I gasped. 

Uh-oh. I just kicked a dirty can at the kingka of our school. I'm dead.