Beautiful Target

Club for Two

Junghwan's POV

"So here's a pair of binoculars," I handed Gongchan a pair I'd gotten for Christmas. Gongchan received it and looked through the lenses. 

For this mission, we've decided to use our codenames. Here's the information for our mission.

 

Target:

Lee Jieun

 

Stalkers availible:

Lee Junghwan aka Sandeul

Gong Chanshik aka Gongchan 

 

Our task:

To follow Lee Jieun through the day, so we can find a place where Chanshik can "coincidentally" meet her, then confess to her. Then it's happily ever after for him. 

 

Information provided to you by the president of the B1A4 Stalker Missions, me. Sandeul. 

 

I held out a baseball cap, and a baggy jacket. 

"But hyung! This jacket's too big and poofy, and it's too hot for caps," Gongchan complained.

"It's your disguise, pabo! I thought you wanted to do this!" I hissed. 

"Well, yeah...But-"

"Just wear it," I tossed the items at him. He grumbled as he put it on. "The whole point is for her to NOT notice you." 

When we were done, we looked like those inflatables of Santa Claus people put up for Christmas, except that we didn't have beards and our jackets weren't red.

"I look like an idiot," Gongchan cringed.

"Oh, right. I forgot the sunglasses," I grinned, fishing for two pairs of neon sunglasses. Gongchan groaned while slipping them on. I slipped on a shoulder bag to hold my stuff.

"Now we look like clowns. Can we at least ditch the jackets? They're so hard to move in!" Gongchan begged. 

"Fine, but if you freeze in the cold, don't blame me." 

Gongchan pouted, but he kept his jacket on. I looked at the clock, making sure we were on time.

"We better go. It's already eight o'clock!" I panicked, dragging Gongchan, who was cringing in a corner, out of my room. We grabbed our credit cards, and rushed out the door. My chaffeur was already waiting outside for us, and Gongchan gave him the instructions to Jieun's house.

Even though this was my second time here, I couldn't get over how dirty it looked. Trash was spilling out of the dumpster, and the concrete walls were a bit cracked. It was hard to imagine that people lived here. I thanked the chauffeur, and he left. I led Gongchan over to a hiding place I had found last time I was here. Tucked away in a corner of the wall, we waited. 

"You're too close!" Gongchan hissed.

I was about to protest, when the apartment door opened. 

Lee Jieun appeared, dresed in a cute floral skirt and a plain pink sweater. Not that I cared, but Gongchan gasped. 

"She's so cute!" he whispered. 

"Shhhh!" I shushed him. 

She hummed merrily and skipped to the bus stop. I had to literally catch the swooning Gongchan and drag him to the back of the line that was waiting for the bus. Luckily, the line was pretty long, a five people seperated us from Jieun, so she couldn't see us. 

"Gongchan! Get your head in the game!" I scolded him. Gongchan nodded and fixed his sunglasses. 

"Where do you think she's going?" he whispered.

"Hm... I don't know," I replied. 

The bus pulled up, and Jieun climbed on. Gongchan and I made sure to keep our heads down as we piled onto the bus, and we made our way to the back of the bus, where we could see everything. Jieun had her earphones in now, and she was looking out the window, so she couldn't hear or see us. Gongchan's never left Jieun's figure, and if an ahjumma blocked his sight, he made me switch seats with him. Is this what a lovestruck person looked like? ...Don't tell me I look like that.

After ten minutes, the bus stopped, and Jieun exited. We barely made it through the crowded bus, and we were greated with "fresh" air (as fresh as the city air could get...it was better than the crowded bus).

We followed Jieun to a small boutique. We hid behind racks of clothes and in the clothing stalls. The place had cute clothes and accessories, even though they weren't high quality. I guess this is as much as poor people could afford. 

A flash drive caught my eye. It didn't make much sense that a boutique would sell flash drives, but I didn't care. It was shaped like a pig, like Suzy's pig plushie. I immediately bought it, making an exuse that Suzy needed it for school. She was the lovable bookworm, anyways. 

"Sandeul! Hurry up! She's leaving!" Gongchan pointed to Jieun who was already leaving. 

"Arraso! One second!" I rushed, stuffing the flashdrive in my shoulder bag. We hurried out of the boutique and quickly tracked her down.

"There she is!" I pointed at a girl yards away. She had a gift bag in her hand now, and she entered a café.

"Let's go!" Gongchan sprinted. 

"Wait! We can't seem suspicious! Anyways, she just went into a café, so it's not like she'll be going anywhere for a while," I stopped him. 

We entered the café Jieun had slipped into. It was simple, small, but homey and warm. She was sitting at a table in the center of the room, and we hastily slipped to a table in a corner behind her. The people who could see us stared at us, but Jieun was too busy texting on her phone. We shed our poofy jackets and our sunglasses. 

"What do you think she's doing here?" Gongchan asked. 

"Having lunch?" I shrugged.

"Or meeting up with someone," Gongchan gasped, horrified.

"Like her mom?" I suggested.

"Or her boyfriend," Gongchan started to panic. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Dude, when I was following her before, she didn't meet up with any guys," I tried to comfort him. He looked up at me hopefully. I glanced at Jieun, comparing her to Suzy. She was petite, unlike Suzy, and she looked delicate and innocent. Suzy was more taller, independant, and seemed to have more personality, which was why I liked her so much. Sure, Jieun was cute, but she wasn't my type.

A boy walked up to Jieun and sat down at her table. I couldn't really see her face, but the way her actions changed and the way the air seemed to glow around her meant that this boy was special. 

"Did something happen?" Gongchan noticed me staring. I was about to say yes, but then I realized when Gongchan saw this, it would break his heart.

"Nope. It's just that the waitress over there is really cute," I winked, and Gongchan sighed in relief, then started playing with his fingers. 

The guy seemed pretty tall, manly, and kind. His smile seemed all right, even though my smile was way better. He looked like one of those ulzzangs that took full body selcas of themselves on the road. They chatted for a bit, and then they got some food. 

"Oh yeah, Gongchan. Do you want to get some coffee?" I asked. Gongchan nodded and turned around to look for a waitress. That was when he saw the couple. 

"Gongchan?" I waved a hand in front of a completely frozen Gongchan. He looked at me, shocked.

"W-What was that? Didn't you say nothing was happening?!" his voice broke. I remained dumb. Gongchan started making hiccupping sounds, and I could almost hear his heart crack into a million pieces. 

Uh oh. 

Abort mission...ABORT MISSION!! 

I dragged Gongchan out into the cold, and handed him a jacket. 

"No, it's okay. Maybe the cold will kill me, and I won't have to live with the pain," Gongchan sniffed as we made our way back home. Wow, what a drama king. But I had to comfort the maknae. I couldn't let this guy suffer by himself. 

"Let's go back to my house and we can play video games," I suggested.

___________________________________________________

"Omma! Appa! We're home!" 

I hurried to the kitchen. 

"Let's make some cocoa! Actually, we have some cookies left over from the holidays! Want some?" I tried to cheer Chanshik up with food. 

"Yeah."

"Come on, stop moping! Maybe some food will help!" I patted him on the back as I entered the kitchen. As we got closer to the kitchen, I smelled something baking. 

Who's here?

...Wait.

I was about to drag Chanshik somewhere else, but we already entered the kitchen. A girl was at the sink, washing some dishes. 

"Oh, hey Junghwan. Why weren't you here this morn-" Suzy looked up with a smile. Then she froze.

"SUZY?!" Chanshik's jaw dropped.

At least he stopped crying.