Nightmares

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

"Suzy-ah, why aren't you eating?" Omma asked. 

"W-What?" I looked up, confused. "I'm eating!"

"You're dangling chopsticks from your mouth," Appa looked at me from over his glasses.

"Oh," I spat them out. 

"Something's bothering you. Why don't you tell us?" Omma gently asked; then she leaned closer to me and whispered, "Is it boys?"

"How did you know?!" I exclaimed. 

"Your omma knows everything," Omma laughed heartily. "That's a difficult subject you know. I had troubles too when I was young. Especially with your appa."

"Yah! Junhee-ah, I heard that!" Appa pointed his chopsticks at Amma.

"I was just saying the truth," Omma shrugged. "So Suzy, what's going on?" 

"Do you remember eight grade?" I asked.

"Oh! And you dated that handsome boy Taecyeon!" Omma exclaimed, "He didn't try hard enough for you, Suzy! I told you he would break your heart." 

"Yeah, I know," I sighed. "But he's in my school now!" 

"EHHH?!" Appa's eyes bulged out. "You're not thinking about being a couple again, are you?!" 

"Calm down. I haven't even met him yet. I don't know what to say. I don't even know how I feel!" I blabbered. I'm so fortunate to have patient and caring parents, who listen to my strange thoughts and give me advice. 

"Do you still remember that feeling when your heart goes doki doki?" Omma smiled softly. "Did it beat for Taecyeon?"

"Well, not for Taecyeon..." I answered, thinking about the most recent heart-thumping experience, which was when Junghwan and I were setting up the Christmas tree. 

"So it's for some other boy," Appa confirmed.

"I don't think it's love though!" I waved my hands back and forth frantically. 

"Are you close with that boy?" Omma pressed on, excited. 

"I... guess?" I hesitated. 

"What's his name? What's he like? How do you know him?" Omma drilled my with questions.

"Junhee, you might want to start with one question a time," Appa advised. 

"His name is Lee Junghwan. Um, I don't really know how to describe his personality, but at first, I thought he was spoiled and sadistic. He's one of the popular boys at school, but he's actually really nice- just a bit ignorant of the real world. I know him because of school," I shrugged, "But I don't really think it's love. I mean, I liked Chanshik before, but I already got over him. It took me some time to get over him, but I did."

"Chanshik?! There's another boy?! Is he rich and your friend too?" Omma gasped.

"Um, we're friends now, I guess. And you know everyone who goes to my school is rich, Omma. But he doesn't like me. I think he likes this girl named Jieun... She's really pretty," I sighed. "But that's long gone, so you guys don't have to think about it."

"So many rich boys," Appa's eyes twinkled. 

"Yah! It's not about the money, yeobo!" Omma snapped.

"Right," Appa nodded.  

I stared down at my plate, and there was nothing left. 

"I finished, so I'm going to go upstairs to finish my homework," I told my parents. 

"Arraso, but make sure you go to bed early. Maybe if you sleep on it, the answer to these boy troubles will come to you," Omma advised. 

___________________________

 

"Oppa, don't leave me!" I shouted, running after him. Taecyeon kept on walking, his back facing me. Every step he made was followed by a ringing sound that tore my chest apart like confetti.

Without turning around, Taecyeon answered, "I have to, Suzy."

The ringing sound grew louder

"Wae?!" I cried over the noise, sinking to my knees. Why was I acting like this?! I need to stand up! Be strong! 

"I want to be with her..." Taecyeon wistfully answered, continuing to walk away.

"Who's this girl?! YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME!!!" I demanded. 

"Min. I've loved her for a long time. I'm sorry, Suzy, but I need to protect Min from the world. I need to protect that petit back of her's that is vulnerable to harm," Taecyeon sighed. 

"Why can't you protect me?" I whispered. Taecyeon turned around, and I realized that it wasn't Taecyeon anymore, but Junghwan.

"Because I love Min- not you," Junghwan shot me a sympathetic look. 

No.

I don't want to hear this. 

I covered my ears, crumpling into a ball.

BZZZZZZZZT!!! BZZZZZZZT!!!

"NOOO!" I gasped, shooting up from my bed. Tears streamed from my eyes, and I wiped them away. 

BZZZZZT!! BZZZZZT!!

Oh, it was my phone. Thinking about the troubling dream, I looked at my phone. 

 

Hey Suzy! I know it's late, so you probably won't read this ^.^... hehe. I don't know why, but I felt like you were troubled or something. I just felt like telling you that I'll be there for you whenever you need me. Just call me. ;P -Junghwan

 

A smiled tugged at the corners of my mouth as my worried mind calmed down. How did he know I needed him? Not really knowing what to do, I texted him back. 

 

Yah! What are you doing up at 1:00 A.M.? -Suzy

 

So you were awake ;P. Are you okay? -Junghwan

 

Um... yeah, I guess. -Suzy

 

Then why are you up this late? -Junghwan

 

I considered whether or not I should tell him the reason why, but it's not his business. Before I knew it, my fingers had already typed back and sent:

 

I had a nightmare about you. I don't want to be hurt again. -Suzy

 

WAE?! WHY DID I JUST DO THAT?! I anxiously awaited his response. Will he see me as a weirdo now?!

 

Scandalous~ You were dreaming about me, huh? A common symptom of all my fans, I must say. Kekeke. Jk, I was playing with you. Well, you should know by now that I would NEVER do anything to hurt you, so cheer up ^.^. You can go to sleep with a lighter heart, ne? - Junghwan

 

I chuckled, shaking my head stupidly. The troubled heart of mine was warmed by Junghwan's thoughtfulness. It must've been fate that he knew I wasn't feeling so great. 

 

Thanks :D. I feel better now. Good night~ -Suzy

 

Good night -Junghwan

 

After that, I fell asleep, somehow comforted by the thought that maybe Junghwan and I were fated for each or something.