Sunwoo to the Rescue

Club for Two

 

Sunwoo's POV

"Yah! I HATE YOU!!!" I ranted as I swung on my backpack.

"Wae? It's your fault that you're late, Sunwoo-ah," Jinyoung stuck out his tongue.

"Wooyoung-hyung's going to kill me!!" 

"Then you shouldn't have stayed behind to socialize, pabo," Dongwoo smirked. 

"I can't believe you guys are my friends! You're no help at all!" I snorted as I shot out the door and started sprinting to the closest bus stop.

Why does the great me, who has a personal chauffeur, using a dirty public bus? It's because he would probably object to my side job, and would've found out the I constantly frequented the cheap convenience store... and then he would get mad, and tell Umma that I was filling up my body with unhealthy cheap chemicals and then I'd be grounded and then she'd-

Well, you get the idea. 

I cursed as I checked my watch. The bus takes around ten minutes to get to the next stop, and I was already fifteen minutes late. When the bus stopped, I jumped out of the bus and sprinted to Seven Eleven. 

I held my head low as I entered, trying to not make a sound. The plan was to slip quietly in the store, get changed in the storeroom (if no one was there), and run to the least visited part of the store. 

Except I didn't seem to need it. 

I could immediately tell that the atmosphere was thick and gloomy, which wasn't how a store was supposed to be. In no time I got changed, and Suzy, who was at the counter, didn't seem to notice, yet. In fact, she was doing what she usually did- stare out into space. 

"Suzy!" I snapped my fingers to break her daydreams.

"W-what? Oh, hey Sunwoo. Aren't you late..." she frowned, and as if a disturbing though had entered her head, she scowled. This wasn't the Suzy I knew. I'm surprised she didn't turn into a freaking witch and bite my head off. 

"Where's Junghwan?" 

"That traitor is over there with the other traitor," she pointed an accusing finger at one of the aisles.

"The other traitor? What traitor?" I asked, thoroughly confused.

"That brickhead Taecyeon," she rolled her eyes. "I can't believe they went behind my back and made a deal with me for the prize! I'm not an object! I'm a living breathing person!!!" 

"Ohhh...," I nodded slowly. "So it's only because you don't want to be treated as an object." 

"Would you be happy if you were treated as an object, and I tossed you around like a freaking soccer ball and maybe even trashed you?!" she snapped. 

What does Junghwan see in her?! Sure, she's pretty and smart. There are a lot of pretty and smart people in our school! Not to mention they have money! 

But I should act as a good friend to Junghwan and find a way to curb her anger or something... 

"Touché. What if it was just because they wanted to go on a date with you?"

"I guess that would be more understandable, but I already rejected Taecyeon..." Suzy trailed off. 

I grinned. 

"So that having a contest would be okay if you weren't treated as an object," I grinned. 

"I can live with it," Suzy shrugged. 

"Then how about we hold a contest for those two losers over there!?" I whispered. "And the prize would just be a date with you?"

"Why would I do that?" she spluttered, turning pink. "It's not as if Junghwan likes me or anything! And I don't want to end up with Taecyeon since Junghwan wouldn't want to win!"

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure," I smirked. "Why don't you give Junghwan a chance?"

__________________________

Junghwan's POV

"Great. She hates us, again," I sighed. "We're right back where we started."

"I'll find a way to get her to like me again," Taecyeon shrugged as he leaned against the wall and played on his phone.

"Yah, are you just going to stand there and do nothing while I'm working?"

"Yeah? You got a problem?"

...... He does have a point.

Gosh, I hate him! 

"Nope, just wondering why you were standing around like an idiot," I smirked.

I could see Taecyeon bristling like a cat, but then he calmed down and put on a mocking smile.

"I'm here to walk her home, pabo. Her Umma wanted to see me again. I guess I get along well with her family unlike..." Taecyeon broke off with an intended cough. 

I hate his guts. 

I was about to open my mouth, but kept it shut because I didn't want to heat up the argument. 

The heat in the air died down to a cool tension as I went back to work on stacking products and Taecyeon on his phone. 

"What do you think she's gunna do?" Taecyeon mumbled after a few minutes.

"I thought you knew her the best."

"I do... but she's changed these last few years. I don't understand her as well anymore," Taecyeon admitted. 

I lifted an eyebrow. Was he really confiding in me?!

"That's your problem, not mine."

"I know that!" Taecyeon growled. "I just asked you a stupid question. But I guess you don't know her well enough either to answer it!"

... Actually, he may be right. I've only known Suzy for a year, and compared to Taecyeon- well.. Let's just say I might not have a say. 

No! I know her better than him! I've been with her and seen her almost twelve hours a day when she was my maid! 

Sure, I don't know her parents. I don't know her lifestyle and what her house looks like.

But I know she's a great baker, a bookworm, not your average off-the-shelf beauty, a hard-worker, and so many other things that Taecyeon probably missed during the years he's known her. If I were bringing Suzy out on a date, I definitely wouldn't bring her out to an arcade! And if I did, it would be something that fitted her interest, and not that tasteless one-sided game of racing on motorcyles and constantly beating her, like Taecyeon had described his date with Suzy. 

No, I think I know her better. 

"I think she might give us another chance..." I whispered.

"What did you say? Stop mumbling," Taecyeon grumbled.

"No, it's nothing," I shrugged. I heard the door ring as someone walked in, but I didn't bother to raise my head.

"Why don't you go hang out with Wooyoung-hyung?" I asked. 

"Don't feel like it," Taecyeon answered, his eyes glued to his phone. 

After half an hour had passed, I head Sunwoo's voice echo through the convenience store, "Guys! Come over here!" 

When did he come in?

Taecyeon and I walked over to Sunwoo, who was leaned against the counter next to Suzy. Sunwoo sent me a quick wink, and I knew I was right. I tried not to smile a victorious smile as I realized I did know Suzy better than Taecyeon. 

I'm going to win this time. I just know it.