Only Idiots Don't Catch Colds

Club for Two

Suzy's POV

The festival was a blast!...Except my chest felt tight like I was binded in one of those flatteners the girls in the crossdressing café were wearing. It started after seeing Chanshik with that fairy. I just wanted to hide in a corner and cry, but I don't know why. Maybe it's one of those hormone things.

Anyways, after the café, Ji-eun went her own way with her boyfriend, and Chanshik and I went the other way. He was quiet for a long time, and when I finally called out to him, it was like he had realized where he was. Then he smiled as if nothing had happened and we went to go play in the haunted house. 

Something strange was going on, but I guess since it's Chanshik's business, I shouldn't be a brat and in. 

As I collected my thoughts, I walked briskly to school, letting the cool air wake me up. It was getting, almost Christmas. I smiled, thinking of the brilliant holiday, where everyone wore warm colors, and people gave gifts. Speaking of people, I haven't seen Joongki in a long time. 

I rounded the corner into the school, and opened the door, getting a blast of warm air up against my face. 

Thump!

I looked up. I had run into someone...someone with a muscular chest and hardcore abbs, that was for sure. My nose felt squashed, and I nursed it as I looked up to apologize. Then I stared in shock.

Sandeul?

I've never seen Sandeul outside of school! ... but this time he was wearing some weird bunny printed mask. I could see his eyes start to water. 

"Sorry! Are you alright!?" I asked in a rush. Actually, I don't know how my soft flat nose could have affected those muscles of his, but who knows? He held his hand out. 

"What? Did I do something wrong?" I asked, looking more closely at him. Then he squinted, and a tear leaked out of his watery eyes.

"Ah-Ah-ACHOOOOO!!!" he sneezed, surprising me.

"Whoa!!" I jumped, shocked by the sudden noise. "You need a tissue? Maybe I have one," I suggested, digging around in my backpack.

"W-What are you talking about? I-I'm not a-a-ACHOOO!!!" he bellowed, "sick."

I stared at him in disbelief. Even an idiot could tell he was sick. I finally found my emergency pack of tissues and handed them to him.

"Here. You should've stayed home, pabo!" I scolded, "You should go to the nurse and get some medicine."

"But I don't want to!!" Sandeul whined. I stared at him in disbelief. Sandeul never whined...did all that sneezing kill his brain cells or something?

"I'll go with you. I'm here early anyways, so I won't be late for class," I suggested.

"Fine," he answered, pouting with his eyes. As I walked with him, I realized that our situations were completely switched around. I grinned. Last time, Sandeul was the one bringing me to the nurse, now he was the one who needed to go to the nurse. I glanced at Sadeul, thinking. This was also the first time I had met him outside of club time. Why was he walking so stiffly?

"Yah, Sandeul. I know I'm not popular and whatnot, but why do you have to walk around like you don't want to be with me?" I questioned, a bit offended. 

Sandeul turned around in surprise.

"W-What are you talking about? I just walk stiffly when I-I'm a-a- ACHOOO!! Sick," he finished. I didn't really believe, but maybe he's right. I decided to change the subject. 

"So, what did you think of the festival?" I asked. We were near the nurse's office. He stiffened again.

"Uh...yeah, it was okay," he answered curtly. Did I do something wrong? I opened the door and let him go in. He took the door and looked at me.

"Yah Suzy....do you like him?" he stared at me. My chest immediately hurt, and I immediately thought of CHanshik and his sparkling eyes full of intelligence. .Maybe I should go to the nurse too? Nah, whatever. 

Now it was my turn to stutter, "L-like who?" 

"You know-like C-ACHOOO!!!" he sneezed again. He sniffled and I immediately took the chance.

"Looks like we're here now! Go get some medicine and feel better!!" I smiled fakely, spun on my heels and immediately went to the classroom. 

I didn't know then that I was trying to deny that I liked Chanshik.