The Winner

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

Beeeep beeeeeeeeep beeeeeepppp!!!

"ARRRRRAAAGH!!!" I rolled off my bed, and a few books and magazines plopped onto my head as they tumbled off my bed. "Owwww."

Scratching at my tangled hair, I pulled the knots out as I turned off the beeping alarm. I had spent most of last night looking through the books and magazines while studying for the exams. Today was the last day before exam week. 

I crawled over to the bathroom, tidied myself up, and transformed into a girl ready for school. 

I gathered the fallen books and magazines up into a pile, and placed them on my desk. 

I had already made my decision who had won.

___________________________

During club time at school, I found my pile of waivers that allowed the trip I was planning to be sponsored as a club activity. Each person in the club had to sign them, and hand them back in. Throughout the day, I had avoided both Junghwan and Taecyeon, because I didn't want to be pestered all day. 

This was tiring. 

I sighed as I laid my head on the table, waiting for the members to trickle in. Before I knew it, I was asleep. 

_________________

"Should we wake Suzy-ah up?" I heard a guy whisper, and vaguely identified him as Jinyoung.

"What if she starts flipping tables, though? She's really scary!" Sunwoo retorted.

"Naw, I think she'll be alright. In fact, she shouldn't be sleeping because she IS the host of this club," Dongwoo reasoned.

"Suzy," Joongki shook my shoulders. "Wake up."

"Yeah?" I opened one of my closed eyes. "What time time is it?" 

"Five minutes passed since the beginning of club time, so we're still good," Joongki answered. 

"Oh good," I yawned, straightening my back.

Looking around, I realized everyone was here already.

"You don't look so good," Min pouted with a concerned look. "Those are some really big dark circles."

"I'm fine. It's just that I was studying for exams... and reading some books," I muttered. 

"What is this stack of paper for?" Sunwoo asked.

"I think we're going on a field trip, guys," Joongki raised his voice in excitement as he flipped through the papers. 

"Ewwwwww. Field trips are are elementary schoolers, Joongki-ah. Let's call it a mission," Jinyoung winced.

"Yah! We're not spies!" Junghwan snorted. 

"Well, we kind of are," Dongwoo contemplated. "If not stalkers."

"W-what?" Min, Taecyeon, Joongki, and I stuttered in unison, as if we were reading a line from a script. 

"A-ani! It's nothing!" Sunwoo shook his head back and forth violently.

"Yeah! It's kind of like... some game we used to play when we were little?" Junghwan squeaked.

Dongwoo rolled his eyes. 

"Uh, anyways," I coughed to change the subject. "We all need to sign these waivers so we can go to the hospital and give out all these cool toys we made!" 

"THIS, is a cool toy?" Jinyoung raised an eyebrow as he lifted a deformed stuffed animal. 

"Yah! I sweat blood and tears on that!" Taecyeon growled.

"Yeah! It's a cool toy!" Min said. "We can call it a- um- 'Bear who Came From a Strange World'!"

"Sure..." 

The members all gathered around the pile of papers and in no time, the papers were finished. I was going through the last paper when I felt the heavy weight of everyone's stare.

"W-what?" I stammered, finishing the last page. 

"We heard about this contest between Junghwan and Taecyeon..." Jinyoung started off hesitantly.

"And we really want to know who won," Min finished. "Well, it's obvious Oppa won, but let's just go through the honors of announcing the winner."

"Yah! Are you a pabo?!" Sunwoo glared at Min. "Junghwan won!" 

"Guys, calm down," Joongki tried to calm the two sides. "The prize is just a date."

That's right. Just a date.

"So who is it? Who won?" Taecyeon demanded an answer. 

"So there aren't going to be any grudges, right?" I muttered.

"No grudges," Junghwan nodded, prepared for the worst. 

I took a deep breath.

"It's Junghwan."

....

"WWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAATTTT?!??!?!" Taecyeon howled in surprised incomprehension. "How is that possible?! I got you all the magazines I was SURE you would love!"

"Sure," I shrugged. "I liked them, but they were far from my favorite. I like stories with a plot and a clever twist. And Junghwan got me some really good books! In fact, he got me one of my favorite books, which is a surprise!" 

I glanced at Junghwan, who was looking down at the ground. 

"What's so great about him?! Why did you choose such a schizophrenic guy that walks around in a mask?!" Taecyeon huffed, stomping out of the club room, and Min looked at me worriedly, and chased after Taecyeon. Wow, he used one of the biggest words I've ever heard him use.

"Schizophrenic?" I asked. "A mask?" 

Wait. 

Junghwan. Mask. Schizophrenic. Junghwan. Mask. Schizophrenic. Mask. Junghwan.... SANDEUL?!

I fixed my gaze on Junghwan, "J-Junghwan. Wait... Are you-" 

I paused, waiting to see Junghwan's reaction.

"I'm sorry, Suzy! I should've told you!" Chanshik apologized.

"He didn't mean to! He had a good reason! Kind of..." Joongki trailed off.

"Wait, you two knew?!" I spluttered. 

"It wasn't that hard to figure out," Sunwoo muttered. 

Even stupid Sunwoo knew too?!

"Well, to make it better for you, Suzy-ah, unless you were a part of B1A4, you wouldn't really know that he was Sandeul-ah. You see, Sandeul is Junghwan's code name. Baro is Sunwoo's name. CNU is Dongwoo's name, and Gongchan is Chanshik's name... and I don't have a name, because I feel that code names are kind of stupid," Jinyoung explained. 

"Why would you guys need code names?!" I scrunched my eyebrows. 

"Because we go on missions," Sunwoo said.

"Missions?" I was confused. 

"Uh, let's drop it," Dongwoo in. "Let's just say that all in all, Junghwan wasn't trying to do any harm."

Joongki agreed, "He's right! When I found out who Junghwan was, he told me it was because he wanted to protect your club. Think about it, if people saw B1A4 coming to this club, wouldn't this club be flooded already, and would just become a fan club instead of a philanthropic club?"

"But they already come into this room," I said.

"Not without our masks! We take them off before we come inside," Junghwan explained. 

"And why didn't anyone tell me?! I would've understood!" I huffed.

"Well, you aren't exactly taking it well now," Sunwoo pointed out.

Touché.

I took a deep breath to calm my temper. It wasn't as if Junghwan did anything bad anyways. 

"Okay, okay. See? I'm handling it well," I seethed. "So about this date..."

"It's okay. I'm not going," Junghwan answered.

Everyone stared at him.

"Well, I don't feel like going on a date. I have other plans," Junghwan shrugged. 

"Other plans to do with her- or by yourself?" Joongki enunciated.

"By myself," Junghwan answered nonchalantly, and with that, he walked out the door too.

"What's that guy thinking?" Jinyoung shook his head. As if on cue, the bell rung, signifying the end of club period.

"Well, I must say. That was some intense club time," Joongki muttered, shaking his head.

Tell me about it. 

Throughout the rest of the day, I tried to keep my head held high, trying to ignore the lump in my throat. Why did Junghwan do that? Why did he join the contest and then refuse the reward? Is he trying to send a message here?

"Sweetie, you don't look so great," Umma glanced at my face as I entered the apartment. 

"I'm not," I barely spit the words out before I raced to my room and collapsed on my bed. I buried my face into my blankets and pillow, and the tears that I had kept from flowing all day finally spilled out in rivers.

"Do you want to talk?" Umma asked softly as she entered my room. 

"No," I answered, muffling my voice. 

"I guess this probably isn't the time to talk about that dance invitation thing that came in the mail this morning," Umma muttered, closing my door softly and leaving me alone.  

 



Aren't you guys proud of me?? It's another chapter!! ^.^

Whoohoooo!!!!

So yeah. I'm going to be out of town for ten days for a mission trip... so I won't have time to post :(

but don't worry guys!! When I come back, I promise this story will be done in a week! According to my planning, the are only 5 chapters left!!! ^.^ 

Hm.. I'm not really used to writing angst... oh well. 

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subbing!!!