Umma, Junghwan. Junghwan, Umma.

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

I was at home, in my room, getting frustrated over the stupid math problem. After ten minutes, I finally solved the problem, and huffing in annoyance at the world (I HATE MATH), I stomped over to my window and flung my window open. 

Winter had already ended and spring's late bloomers were already pushing themselves out of the tree branches. Little puffs of pollen drifted lazily in the air, making pedestrians sneeze and wheeze. The sun was already setting, and vibrant orangish pinkish purplish hues were splashed across the sky (A/N-... English literature class is getting to me TT.TT). Cool air blew past my face and I felt myself calm down. It was already almost summer break, and all this studying was killing me. 

One day, I swear all this studying is going to get to me, and I'm going to go crazy. Then my parents are going to wonder what the heck happened to me when they see me hulaing in a grass skirt on the streets with the hobos.

I am SO READY FOR SUMMER!!!

Oh wait. That means that the last day of this school year for Operation Toy Box is closing in too. Darn it. 

As my schedule, subjects, and worries all chased each other in my head, I leaned out my window, wondering what it would feel like to sprout some wings and fly. 

"Yah! Suzy! What are you doing?! Don't lean out of the window" I heard a familiar voice bark at me from below. In surprise, I almost tumbled over the sill to my death as I turned my head sharply to see who it was. 

Junghwan continued to scold me from ground level, "See? You almost died!! And I wouldn't even be able to save you!!" 

It was as if the rest of the world blurred, and only Junghwan was in focus. He almost looked like an ant, since I was on the third story. It was almost like a Romeo and Juliet scene, me on the balcony (except I was leaning out the window instead) and him calling up to me. 

I grinned, "Anyeong!" 

"Are you high?!" Taecyeon snapped. SQQQQQQQRRRRKKK!!! And my little daydream shattered. Whoa! I didn't even notice him there! 

"No?" I answered, confused. "Why would you think that?" 

"Because you look drunk," Taecyeon frowned. 

"Yah! Ok Taecyeon! Don't make me hit you!" I threatened, raising an arm.

"You wouldn't be able to from up there," Taecyeon smirked, and then raised stuffed bag he was carrying. "And you'll want to kiss me when you see these babies!" 

Junghwan rolled his eyes in such a sassy way that I couldn't help but giggle. The two boys entered the building, and got to the door so quickly that I barely had time to to shut my window and race to the door. 

Ding Dong! 

"Suzy, get the door!" Umma yelled from the kitchen.

"Already got it!" I answered as I pulled the door open.

As I had expected, Junghwan and Taecyeon were at the door, holding their bags of books. 

"Here, hand me the books. I'll read them tonight and tell you the winner tomorrow," I held my hand out. 

"Here, I'll put them in for you," Taecyeon pushed past me as if he owned the place. 

"Yah, you can't just-," I spluttered, and then stopped. What was the use anyways. Giving an exasperated sigh, I opened the door wider. "Why don't you come in too, Junghwan?"

"Is he usually like that?" Junghwan raised an eyebrow.

"Yup," I sighed. "I used to think it was so cool that he could just invite himself in like that... Now, it's just annoying."

"Where is he going?" Junghwan asked. 

"Taecyeon-ah! Long time no see!' I heard my mom shriek in delight from the kitchen as if on cue. 

"In the kitchen, I'm guessing," I muttered.

"There's a kitchen in a tiny place like this?" Junghwan's eyes widened in surprise as he looked around my house. 

"Yah, you want to die?" I pouted. 

"Just kidding," Junghwan chuckled. "But I'm really surprised! Jinja! Your house looks so... ordinary."

"So?"

"I don't know. I think I was expecting something like a run down place like the pictures they show of Africa, but really, this place is alright, despite the cramped quarters."

"I'm going to take that as a compliment," I said.

"Where's your room?" Junghwan asked. 

"M-my room!?" I blushed. "W-what do you mean-"

"Omo, you're all red!" Junghwan gasped as he placed the back of his palm on my forehead. "Are you all right? You're heating up!"

"N-ne," I dipped my head shyly, reluctantly removing his cool hand from my forehead. "Why do you want to go to my room?"

"To drop off these books," Junghwan answered.

"Oh, right," I tried not to sound disappointed. "Just leave them on the table here. I'll bring you to the kitchen where Taecyeon is."

I led Junghwan down the narrow hall way (our only hallway actually), and his eyes widened in wonder like a kid at a zoo for the first time. 

"Don't you ever feel... cramped?" Junghwan spread out his arms to touch both sides walls at once. 

"You get used to it," I shrugged. 

"Is that you?!" Junghwan cooed in delight, making me spin around. 

"What's me?" I spluttered.

"That baby," Junghwan grinned. 

"No, it's my brother," I answered sarcastically. 

"Jinja?!" Junghwan widened his eyes in surprise.

"No! I was kidding!" I slapped my forehead.

"Aaaah. You're really cute, you know," Junghwan murmured as he stared at me picture.

"M-mwohhhh???" my eyes almost popped out.

"In the picture," Junghwan smirked. "I thought we were going to the kitchen." 

"W-well who was the one stopping first?" I snapped back, still recovering from that last comment. 

We kept on going, and in a second, we reached my kitchen. 

"Oh, there's Suzy!" Umma sang as she saw me entering the kitchen. She was leaned against the kitchen counter, chatting with Taecyeon. Her eyes widened as she saw Junghwan, "And who is that?"

"Um, this is Junghwan," I introduced the two. "Umma, Junghwan. Junghwan, Umma." 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Bae," Junghwan bowed in greeting.

"My my~ Such a handsome polite young man!" Umma chortled. "Why don't you two stay for dinner! I'm almost done!" 

"Mianhe, but I have to go home," Junghwan bowed his head in apology. "I need to study for exams."

"My, aren't you studious! You might be as smart as my Suzy!" Umma clucked. "I guess there's always next time."

"Oh yeah! I have to go too! I forgot about exams!" Taecyeon panicked. 

After Junghwan and Taecyeon left, Umma called me and Appa to dinner.

"I'm impressed!" Umma grinned. "Honey, don't you know your daughter has two handsome meal tickets?"

"What?" Appa knitted his eyebrows together in confusion.

"I mean, Suzy has some really handsome boyfriends!" 

"Boyfriends?! Suzy! What did I tell you! You're too young to have a boyfriend!" Appa started scolding me. "Don't you remember what happened with that Taecyeon kid! I warned you! And what happened? You got hurt! Suzy-"

"Appa, calm down. Umma's over exaggerating. I don't have any boyfriends! And if I do have another guy, I'm going to choose one that I'm sure I'll be happy with," I countered.

"Suzy-" Appa warned.

"Yeobo, calm down. Suzy's not a five year old anymore. She can make her own decisions. Anyways, one of the boys is actually Taecyeon. But wait till you see the other guy! He's so handsome! And he look pretty well off too! You know, I actually feel like I've seen him somewhere..." Umma wondered.

Of course she has. B1A4 was on the cover of NYLON before, a magazine that Umma loves.

 



 

Thanx for reading and commenting!!!