The Looks of a Bad Day

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

I tried to open my mouth, but I forgot how to. I just couldn't take my eyes off her. Because of her, Taecyeon left me, without even saying good-bye. Because of her, I had so much heartache that I feel like I need to push away any unnecessary feelings that associate with love.

All my sensed seemed to have stopped working. I looked around the room, my mind numb with shock. All noises just went in one ear and out the other. 

Chanshik was opening his mouth and moving it around like he was talking, but I heard nothing. He waved a hand over my face to see if I was alright, but then he noticed the look on my face. 

Was I that obvious?

"Can I sit here?" I hear a sweet voice above Chanshik, and all my senses return. I look up, and Min is looking down at us sweetly. 

"Um, sure," Chanshik shrugged.

"Kamsameheda," she smiles, then sits down. Stupid stupid smile. Stupid smile that took away Taecyeon. 

Throughout class, she tried to start conversations with us. I barely responded to her, and if I did, I spoke so softly that even I couldn't hear myself. Chanshik answered her, though, albeit rarely (since we were in class). 

After class, Chanshik handed me a few pieces of paper with writing on them. 

I lifted an eyebrow, "What's this?"

"I just had a feeling that you weren't in your best shape today," Chanshik scratched the back of his head. "You should go to the nurse or something."

"I'm okay," I took a look at the notes. Wow, I must've drifted off a ton, because half the stuff Chanshik had recorded was stuff I didn't hear. 

"Sure you are," Chanshik rolled his eyes. 

I didn't really know how to reply, so I just shrugged. I stuffed the notes Chanshik gave me into my binder and took off to go to my next class, which was Korean literature. 

Junghwan was early today, so he was basically surrounded by vacant seats. Finally, some fresh air without Min around. I plopped down into the seat next to Junghwan and sighed heavily.

"Are you okay, Suzy?" Junghwan observed my actions.

"Nope," I sighed.

"Are you sick or something? I can tell Wooyoung-hyung that you're not going to be at work, today," Junghwan placed the back of his hands on my forehead to check my temperature.

"I'm not sick. Just a bit angsty, just like all teenagers are supposed to be with their teenage lives," I shook my head. "Work should do me some good. I need to think about other things?"

"Then what are you thinking about now?" Junghwan asked. 

Surprising myself, I realized I was about to spill all my worries onto Junghwan. The only people I talk to like that are my family members and Joongki. I don't even tell Chanshik my secrets. It must've been because I've spent so much time with Junghwan that I practically know him like the back of my hand. 

I took a deep breath and started, "Well, when I was in eighth grade, I used to-" 

The she walked in. 

"Is she new?" Junghwan tilted his head. "I've never seen her before."

"Yeah, she's new," I mumbled. "Her name's Min."

Min looked around shyly, a bit confused. Then she saw me, and sat into the chair next to me, so I was basically sitting between her and Junghwan.

"Anyeong Suzy! I didn't know we'd be in the same class!" she beamed. "Thanks in advance for touring me around the school during club time." 

Say what? When did I ever volunteer for that?

"Um, you're welcome," I answered, confused. "I wasn't really paying attention in homeroom this morning. So...what happened again?"

"Oh, Songsaengnim let you guys as me a bunch of weird questions, and then he asked you to show me around, and you said okay," Min giggled.

"I-I did?" I stared at her. 

"Yah, Suzy, since when did you have short-term memory?" Junghwan snorted.

Uhs- since never...?

I gave Junghwan a look, and he immediately shut up. 

"You guys will just have to go on without me then," I told Junghwan. "I'm putting you in charge, since you're the least likely to get violent over some cookies."

________________________

Club time came way too quickly. I still wasn't prepared to spend some time alone with this girl and show her around the school. In fact, I would probably push her out the window when no one was looking. 

No Suzy, don't think like that! SDKLF:SKDJ:LKJ!!!

"Are you ready, yet?" I plastered on a fake smile. 

"Yup," Min chirped. As I guided her through the hallways and showed her where all the classes were, I tried not to look at her.

"This is the gym," I led her inside the gym. "Make sure you don't where any shoes that have soles that create marks on the floor. The coach hates that."

"You know, I think Chanshik and Junghwan are really cute," Min grinned. I stared at her, thrown off my mental track.  

What? How is that related anywhere near a gym?!

"Um...," I grimace.

"Chanshik's really nice. He's really smart, too, unlike those guys who have looks, but have no brains," Min shook her head. 

I couldn't help myself from grinning. Min and I could be good friends! ...All I have to do is forget about the fact that she took Taecyeon away from me.

"Most good looking guys here are like that," I scoffed. "Chanshik's really one of a kind."

"But Junghwan's like that too! He's not only cute and smart, but he's also funny!" Min giggled. "You're so lucky you have friends like them!"

I felt the grin slip off my face. A pinprick of jealousy started in my chest, but I suppressed it, and it disappeared.

"I know."