Mystery Notes

Club for Two

 

Suzy's POV

I stared despondently out the window. It was pouring like crazy. It seemed like even the sky was crying for the stressed students. Perhaps it was also reflecting my mood too. I had spent half the weekend alternating between crying in self-pity and hate and studying for exams. Today was the first day of exams, and I was really nervous about it, because it was math. During last semester, Junghwan had helped me study for this section, but ever since the fall out, well.... I was left to fend for myself. I couldn't even bring myself to touch his books anymore.

This is really stupid, Suzy. I can't believe I'm so depressed just because I was rejected. I mean, it was only a guy! There are plenty fish in the sea just like him!

... Not. 

My head sank between my arms as I waited for the exam to start. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night, and I felt like I would collapse any second. 

"Suzy-ah, are you okay?" I heard someone whisper to me. I lifted my head slightly over my arms to see who it was.

"Just sleepy," I murmured back. 

"Um.... I know this is a bit sudden, but can I borrow your eraser? I lost mine on the way here because I was studying," Jinyoung bobbed his head apologetically. 

"Sure," I handed him my pencil back. "I have a bunch, take your pick." 

"Thanks," Jinyoung smiled as he fished through my pencil pack, finally deciding to choose an eraser. I sank my head back between my arms, and heard the pencil pack hit my desk. 

That night, I was studying for the English exam, which wasn't that bad. English was my forté, so I concentrated on studying for science instead. As I fished through my pencil pack, I found a piece of neon colored paper with the letter "B".

"Weird," I muttered. "I didn't put this in here." 

_____________________________

The next day, I came into class, more energetic and prepared. I had gone to sleep earlier, and I was ready to go. I saw Junghwan in one back corner of the room, surrounded by girls, and Taecyeon in the other back corner of the room, also surrounded by girls. Junghwan avoided my eye while Taecyeon grinned at me. Min was sitting at the front, and when she saw me, she beckoned me over.

"I'm so nervous!" Min hyperventilated.

"It's alright. English isn't hard. It's just grammar," I comforted her. 

"But grammar's hard!" Min cried. 

"Well, English grammar is pretty complicated," Chanshik said as he slid into the chair next to mine. "Do you want me to help you review?" 

"PLEASE DO!" Min begged. 

"Arraso," Chanshik said, while grabbing my pencil pack off my desk. "I'll just borrow a pencil from Suzy then, because I'm too lazy to get mine out by myself."

"You're welcome," I sarcastically answered because he never asked for it, but took it as if he owned it. Then I turned to Min to explain some of the exceptions in spelling and grammar. Later on, Chanshik joined our study group.  

"Oh yeah, Min. I heard that you were pretty good at science. Do you want to study with me in the bookstore?" I heard Chanshik offer. 

"Um... sure? Can Oppa come?" Min asked.

"Sure," Chanshik smiled. Whoa, that's weird. I thought Chanshik liked that Jieun girl, but now he's hitting on Min? I stared at Chanshik to see any form of attachment or affection in his eyes, but there was none. 

Okay, so maybe it's just to study. 

When I was back at home, studying for science, I was surprised to find yet another neon note. This time, though, the letters were "MY". 

Weird. I fished around in the messy pile on my desk for the note I had found yesterday in my pencil pack, and put them side by side. Was this a coincidence? But the words didn't make sense. What does "BMY" or "MYB" mean?

Whatever. I'll figure it out later after exams. I need to concentrate. 

___________________________________

Today was third day of exams. Science. I was nervous, but I had studied well yesterday, and I felt that I could hit any curve ball that the exam threw at me. 

This time, I was on the look out to see if anyone had any bright neon notes. So far, I didn't see any. Wondering if it was just a coincidence, I pulled out my binder and decided to do some last minute reviews. 

"Are you ready for this test, Suzy?" Dongwoo asked as he sat next to me. 

"Pretty sure," I nodded, glancing over my notes. Then a light bulb lit up in my head. "Dongwoo!" 

"What?!" Dongwoo yelped in surprise.

"You're smart, right?" I asked.

"Was I supposed to be stupid?" Dongwoo raised an eyebrow over his thick-rimmed glasses.

"Do you like mysteries?" I asked.

"Sure?"

"Okay!" I pulled out my pencil pack and opened it. 

"What are you doing?" he asked, was it me, or his voice a little shaky?

"Here. You see these two notes?" I pulled out the two notes. "They have stuff written on them and they always end up in my pencil pack. The weird thing is that I don't even understand what they mean!"

"Let me see," Dongwoo took my pencil back and note cards. "Interesting... BMY? What could that mean? MYB? Hm...." 

"Class!" Seongsaengnim entered class, and I looked up in surprise. I saw Dongwoo make a quick movement to zip up my pencil pack and he tossed it back to me.

"Mianhe!" Dongwoo whispered. "I don't think I can solve this."

When I got back home, I opened up my pencil pack to take out the notes. This mystery was getting to me. What if it's a death threat? Or maybe a hidden word to access a map or a treasure? While zipping open my bag, I noticed that there didn't seem to be two notes, but three notes! How?! Why?! WHEEEEN?! Who could've gotten hold of my bag? Dongwoo? But he wouldn't- 

Wait.

Two days ago, Jinyoung had asked for a pencil, and I gave him my pencil pack. The second day, Chanshik had taken a pencil out of my pencil back. And today was Dongwoo who actually looked in it.... Could it be? 

I spread the three notes in front of me in the order I received them. 

B MY D8 

What? Was this some weird code? Nothing popped up in my mind. Time to surf the internet. 

After some time searching, nothing came up. 

Weird.

_________________________

Today was the fourth day. Today, my eyes were open. According to the pattern, another note should appear today. 

"Yo Suzy, you look like you just met the boogeyman," Sunwoo chuckled as he sat next to me. He had his hands in his pocket. I squinted my eyes suspiciously.

"Yah. Empty your pockets," I said.

"Why? You think I have a bomb or something?" Sunwoo smirked, keeping his hands in his pockets.

"Do you happen to have a nice neon note in your pocket?" I interrogated him. "If so, hand it over now."

"Whoa! Why would I have a note in my pocket?!" Sunwoo pulled the insides of his pockets out, and it was evident nothing had been in there. 

"Oh," I let out a sigh of disappointment. 

Soon, we took the Korean Literature Exam. When it was over, I opened my pencil pack, but nothing was inside it. Interesting. 

"Do you think you did well?" Sunwoo asked. "I think I just bombed it. Oh well." 

Why does he care?

"I did alright," I shrugged. 

"Hehe, good luck on the last exam then," Sunwoo patted my back encouragingly. 

Extremely weird behavior. 

The first thing I did when I got home was go into the bathroom for a nice shower. I felt like relaxing. The exams were almost done, and I could feel my guard slip. As I slid my shirt off, I noticed yet ANOTHER NEON NOTE on the back of my shirt, but this time, it was a sticky note. 

PLZ

I raced to my room, forgetting to put my shirt back on. 

B MY D8 PLZ

Wondering what it meant, I muttered the words out loud slowly, "Be... My.... Date..... Please... Be my date please! OMO!!!" 

Who could it be?!

_______________________________________

Today was the last day of school. The last day of exams. The last note probably. Maybe I'll find out who was the mastermind behind this mystery? 

But throughout the exam, no one asked for my pencil pack, and no one touched me. 

Sighing in confusion, I went to my locker to pack up all my things. Maybe this was a joke. 

I didn't notice the murmurs echoing the hallway until they had reached such a high volume that it was impossible to ignore it any longer. Turning around, I wondered what the fuss was about.

There, a few paces behind me, with a dorky grin on his face, and a TON of balloons that had question marks on them, was Junghwan, and a box of cookies that were also decorated with question marks.

"Be my date to the dance, please?" Junghwan asked.

I wanted to cry.  

 



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! I'M BACK!!!

The mission trip was AWESOME!! XD

i met so many cute kids and I learned a lot about their world and their daily lives.

Sure, some nights my teammates and I spent several hours hunting down and killing weird looking flies with stripes and as big as nickels... but it was cool ^.^ 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I really hope you comment, because this is actually my fav chapter in this whole fic, and i spent a lot of time planning it :D 

THANX FOR READING!!!