Jeonghae

Club for Two

Junghwan's POV

"WHOA!!!" I yelled, jumping off Suzy in an embarrassed panic. "Jeonghae! What are you doing here?!" 

Jeonghae, my half-sister, was staring down at us with a scowl on that pretty face of hers. Her driver was behind her, busy bringing in her suitcases. She was my younger half-sister who had decided to highlight her hair with red streaks, making herself look almost like a gothic punk...except that she was too cute to be one. She stood there, in her full height of 153 meters, and the commanding presence of her combat boots.

"I came back for the Christmas break, oppa. We had to open the door ourselves since you didn't open it for us. You didn't want to see me?" she accused me. "And who's this girl?!"

Suzy seemed to have snapped out of her panicked state and sat up, her face a bit pink now. My own face felt like I had stuck it into a furnace and was burning off. 

"Um...This is Suzy. She's my classmate, and one of the hired maids," I chuckled nervously. 

She knelt next to Suzy, inspecting her.

"Well, she's pretty," Jeonghae grumbled. 

"Why thank you," Suzy grinned. Jeonghae blushed a bit, but flipped her hair and took a step back.

"Still, I thought the maids were gone," Jeonghae whined.

"Well...I invited Suzy over to the party," I blushed. Jeonghae raised an eyebrow in surprise. 

"Does she know that she's supposed to wear brandname dresses to the party?" Jeonghae took in Suzy's low quality clothes. 

"I already have everything prepared, Jeonghae," I sighed. 

Jeonghae scowled and ran up the stairs into her room. What's wrong with her? Usually, she's so happy when we meet, but this was the first time she's ever acted so pouty. 

"What is she talking about?" Suzy asked, awkwardly playing with her fingers.

"There are some requirements for this party, you see...That's why we have to set everything up, since this party is formal. The hosts serve, not the maids, since this is a family thing. That's why Mom and Dad are coming back from work early today to help," I explained. 

___________________________

Suzy's POV

"And that's why we need to hurry and set everything up," Junghwan concluded, looking straight at me as if nothing had happened. I blushed again, my heart still beating strangely fast. Why did that situation happen? It was like a scene in the drama, and I had frozen up like a popsicle. I am eternally grateful that Jeonghae showed up. She turned out to be NOTHING like what I had expected. I thought she would be that cute tanned California-like girl because of what Junghwan explained her to be. Instead, she turned out to be a cute moody punk. Who knew Junghwan could be related to someone like that? 

We started setting up tables and decorations for each room. Two hours later, we weren't even halfway through the house. 

"You know, we could work faster with three pairs of hands instead of two," I suggested. 

"I don't know if Jeonghae wants to help though...She's acting weirdly," he sighed. Was it because of me? Was it something I did?

"Um, I can go talk to her, since we're both girls," I started heading up the stairs.

"But you don't even know where her room is," Junghwan smirked. I got to the top of the stairs and looked down the hallway. Two doors down on the right was a door with a sign saying "JEONGHAE'S ROOM. PLEASE KNOCK." 

"I think I do," I answered back, before heading to her room. I knocked twice on her door, but she didn't answer. Then I knocked again.

"Go away!" Jeonghae yelled. 

"Um, excuse me, but did I do something wrong?" I asked hesitantly. I had dealed with bullies at school, but I'd never dealed with moody pre-teens. She didn't answer. "I'm coming in," I said again before opening the door. 

Jeonghae was sprawled on her bed listening to rap music which was so loud that even I could hear it. She was glaring at me, making her pretty complexion turn sour.

"I told you to go away," she hissed. I looked down at my hands and tried not to squirm. What the heck did I do to get this girl to hate me?!

"Um, I'm sorry for whatever I did," I mumbled. 

"You don't even know what you did," she snapped. Whoa! Does bluntness run in the family or something?

"No, I don't," I stated, "Can you tell me so I can fix it?"  Why was I doing this? It was the girl who was wrong, not me!

I was about to voice this when she said, "No, you can't fix it. It's just Junghwan, that's all." 

"What did he do?" I wandered over to her bed, marveling at the design of her room. It was a plain white wall with painted pictures of flowers and jungles and seas. 

"He was just being a stupid hormonal jerk," she muttered. 

"Um...., are you talking about what had happened? You know, it wasn't his fault. It was mine. I kinda slipped and fell, and luckily, your brother was there, and I didn't die." 

"Wait...so he wasn't trying to make moves on you in the living room?!" Jeonghae spluttered, finally looking at me. 

"Nope," I shook my head, "Just saving me from mortal injury." I wasn't quite so sure though. Everything was so blurry and he was so close that I didn't know what had actually happened. 

"Huh," she grunted.

"Anyways, the party's going to start in a few hours, and um...it's taking a long time to decorate your huge house." 

Jeonghae grinned, "I know, right?! The house is huge!! We don't even need to have all this space!" 

"You think so too?!" I gasped, surprised. Who knew there was such a sensible person in the household? 

"Of course I do! Let's go downstairs and help out then," she skipped out the door. Now that she was happy, it was evident what a cute girl she was.

Junghwan's jaw dropped in surprise when Jeonghae came skipping down the stairs to help out. 

"How did you do it?!" he whispered.

"Girl power," I winked, and Junghwan snorted. With Jeonghae's help, we finished decorating in an hour. 

I looked around the house, impressed by our creativity. You know what would make this a whole lot better, though?

"Christmas cookies," I spoke aloud. Jeonghae looked at me, confused.

"Excuse me?" 

"We need to make some Christmas cookies!" I declared, rushing to the kitchen. 

"Yah! Who said that you could open the fridge without asking?!" Junghwan followed me into the kitchen. 

"Jeonghae's okay with the idea, right?" I looked at Jeonghae, who was grinning. 

"I LOVE cookies!" Jeonghae exclaimed, pulling out the sugar from the pantry. 

"Exactly," I agreed as I pulled out some eggs from the fridge. Junghwan sighed and proceeded to take out the ingrediants used in cookies.

"Wait, why are you pulling out paprika?! That's not in cookies!!" I accused.

"This is paprika?!" Junghwan looked at the bottle. I sighed.

"You know, how about you do the cookie cutting while Jeonghae and I actually make the dough," I rolled my eyes. 

Soon, a whole hour had passed by, and we hadn't even noticed. We had finished seven batches of cookies, and they were still in the oven. We were working on our eighth batch when the doorbell rang. 

"HONEYS!! WE'RE HOME!!" a woman with a rich voice sang. 

"Oooh! Nice decorations! THIS IS WONDERFUL!!" a man's baritone echoed through the house.

"We're in the kitchen!!" Junghwan yelled.

Footsteps clacked on the dark wood, and a couple appeared in the doorway. They were a bit old, but it was pretty obvious they were beauties when they were younger, and still beauties now. In fact, they looked like their children, Junghwan and Jeonghae.

"Omma! Appa!" Jeonghae ran up to hug them, covering their expensive clothes with flours and sprinkles.

"What do we have here? Cookies?" Mr. Lee sniffed the air.

"Yup!" Jeonghae beamed. 

Mrs. Lee looked around the room, trying to locate the batch, when she saw me. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Who's this?!" her huge eyes growing even larger.

"Um, Omma, appa, this is Suzy. She's my classmate. Suzy, these are my parents," Junghwan introduced us.

"Anyeonghaseyo," I greeted, bowing 90 degrees.

"Oh my, no need for formalities! You must be the girl that Junghwan was tal-" Mrs. Lee laughed heartily.

"Omma!!" Junghwan whined. I giggled. Their family was so warm and nice.

"Nice to finally meet you, Suzy," Mr. Lee shook my hand.

"Um, you too," I squeaked.

"But you all are so dirty!! Take a nice bath and get dressed. The parties going to start in about an hour! Pali!!" Mrs. Lee rushed us, "Oh, and Jeonghae, show her where the bathroom is!"

"Um, I already know where the bathroom is, Mrs. Lee. I work here," I muttered.

"WHAT?! JUNGHWAN, YOU NEVER TOLD ME ANY OF THIS!!" Mr. Lee roared.

"Well..." Junghwan mumbled, "Uh...you see."

I didn't get to hear his explanation though, since Jeonghae ushered me to the bathroom.

"Junghwan-opps'a weird, but he's cool too. I think he likes you a lot, unnie. I do too!" she smiled shyly. 

So he doesn't hate me?

"You guys are cool too," I answered back, still processing what she told me.