Chapter Eight: Just Like High School

I'm Yours

“Yah Cha Eunkyung! Are you even listening to me anymore?”

“Hmm?’

Eunkyung quickly snapped out of her daydream and met the eyes of an annoyed Kikwang. He had started pulling at her high ponytail, finally grasping her attention. Together, they were sprawled on the floor of her apartment, pictures of their high school days scattered around them. She had been quietly reliving a memory they shared back in sophomore year when they had went to the fair together. Kikwang had won her a stuffed bear that night, which still sat amongst her pillows in her room. She held the picture of them together with the bear in front of Kikwang’s face.

“Remember the bear you won me?”

“Yeah…didn’t you name it KwangKi?” Kikwang grinned, remembering the cheesy name they gave it.

Eunkyung rolled her eyes.

“You’re the one who insisted I name it that.”

Eunkyung really wished she could be hostile toward Kikwang. But somehow she couldn’t, his smile always softening her heart. All those years and she always thought she was a lost memory to him, when in reality, he still remembered her. She had so many questions for him: how his training years had been, how he felt being a total hot topic with teenage girls (it had always been his dream), and if he ever had another interest in a girl even though he had said to her himself that there wouldn’t be time for something like that.

What she really wanted to know was if he still remembered the kiss they shared before he left…

“Eunkyung-ah, the pot is boiling now!” Kikwang got up from their spot on the floor and rushed to the kitchen to check on the dinner Eunkyung was stirring up for the two of them.

She shouldn’t think about that. Kikwang had told her he wanted to forget that small moment they had together.

Plus, she had Junhyung now.

Junhyung never asked her out formally, but she already knew that they were something. Their late night hangouts always ended with kisses now, last night’s goodbye kiss particularly being a little heated. Eunkyung blushed furiously, recalling the way Junhyung had pressed her against the door, taking her by surprise. He was really good at doing that.

 They had kept it a secret from everyone. She was afraid of what Kikwang would think. In the past, when guys would hit on Eunkyung, Kikwang would strongly disapprove of all of them, stating that none of them were good enough for her.

“You need someone like me!” he had declared, big headedly.

“You’re joking right?” Eunkyung had retorted. But deep down she always wanted a guy that she could relate to the way she did with Kikwang.

“Noodles are done!” Kikwang sat back down on the floor, holding the pot of noodles with oven mitts on his hands. Placing it carefully on the floor, he handed Eunkyung a pair of chopsticks and they began to eat from the pot together. They always used to do this back then, sharing food not being a big problem for them at all.

‘Just like high school.’ Eunkyung thought.

Eunkyung's cell suddenly started to ring next to her. The caller id read 'Junhyung-oppa.'

"Eunkyung, the guys want you to tell Kikwang to stop hogging you to him and cook dinner for us too." Junhyung had said once Eunkyung answered. The rest of the boys had come back from their schedule. Kikwang had luckily no schedule for the day, which was why he was able to hang out with her. She smirked, hearing the whining voices of the rest of the members.

"Eunkyung noona, I'm starving!!" She heard Dongwoon, the maknae cry.

"Come over~" another voice whined, Eunkyung recognizing it as Yoseob's.

"Arasso, arasso. I'm coming." Eunkyung hung up and stood up, bringing the pot with her to the sink.

"Who was that?" Kikwang asked.

"The guys want me to cook for them tonight. Let's go to your apartment now."

Kikwang scowled.

"Those guys sure know how to get in nhe way..." Kikwang muttered under his breathe, not wanting his quality time with Eunkyung to end.

"Mwohrago?"

"Aniya, let's go." Kikwang said, rather annoyed. He was first to stalk out of her apartment. Eunkyung smiled at his childish ways.

 

'He really hasn't changed at all.'

---

you can also find this on the foreword page.

who do you want her to end up with?? ;P