Chapter Ten: Thinking Ahead

I'm Yours

BEAST was gone for the weekend, filming in another city for a reality show, leaving Eunkyung absolutely bored. The thought of contacting her very good friend Minhee from college suddenly crossed her mind. Besides Kikwang, Minhee was the closest friend she had. They spent all their college years as dorm buddies. Because of Eunkyung’s slightly hectic life for the past 2 months or so and Minhee taking a full time job at a nearby hospital, the both of them hadn’t had time to catch up. Minhee had also finished college with Eunkyung’s same degree in nursing. Unlike Eunkyung, who didn’t have to start working vigorously yet, Minhee was helping her family out, who were only barely able to pay their bills.

After the second ring, Minhee picked up, excited to hear from Eunkyung.

“Eunkyung-ah! I haven’t heard from you in so long, you babo!” Eunkyung grinned at her friend’s bubbly voice.

“I know huh? It’s been forever. Wanna meet up? If you’re not working, of course.”

“Totally! My boss is giving me a temporary leave.”

“Eh? For what?” Eunkyung asked, confused.

“You’ll see. Meet me at the café next to my place?”

“Ne. See you!”

Eunkyung slid on a pair of fresh skinny jeans, a black V neck, and black heels before heading her way to meet her friend. She texted Junhyung before she left, so he wouldn’t wonder why she wasn’t responding to him.

“Stay safe <3 keke” – Junhyung

She smiled, and closed her phone.

When she arrived at the café, her eyes almost bugged out of her skull at the sight of Minhee, a clear, medium sized baby bump protruding under a big knit sweater she wore.

“Yah Kim Minhee! You got knocked up and you didn’t tell me?!”

Minhee laughed as Eunkyung rushed to her friend and threw her arms around her, careful not to hurt the little bump of her stomach.

Truthfully, Minhee didn’t get knocked up by just anyone. During college she had met a young doctor who had come to the university as an assistant professor. They had been dating for over 2 years already, so it wasn’t that surprising for Eunkyung to see her friend pregnant. She knew for a fact that the doctor, whose name was Tae Hoon, was a great guy and felt extremely happy for her friend.

“Tae Hoon is helping out with my family, although they wish he wouldn’t. They love him a lot.” Minhee told Eunkyung. They had settled at a table finally after they finished spazzing happily together. Eunkyung sipped at her cappuccino.

“That’s great! Yah Minhee-ah…you’re daebak now!” she friend.

“What about you Eunkyung? Have anyone at the moment?”

“Something like that,” Eunkyung blushed, sipping at her drink shyly.

She suddenly thought of Junhyung, imagining herself pregnant with his child. She pictured his steel eyes melt and widen in surprise as she told him, him lifting her in his arms in joy. Thinking about it now, Junhyung would make a great father, although he once claimed that he wasn’t great with kids. He was referring to that one reality show BEAST did where they had to babysit two kids. Eunkyung disagreed. She knew it was only a matter of Junhyung having a kid that was really his own blood. He would be a great father.

She suddenly felt embarrassed. It was too soon in their ‘relationship’ to think about having children. She couldn’t help but fantasize though. She was envious of Minhee, and how her life was finally going to start with a family on the way.

 

Eunkyung wondered when her life would come to that point, and hoped it wouldn’t be too far away.

-

Whooo! Finally reached 10 chapters! Good thing I started this fic during my winter break keke...but unfortunately, my last day of break is tomorrow, and then I'll be back in school. :( This means I probably won't be able to update as much as I have been. Doesn't mean I won't be updating though! When school comes back, I'll try my best to update at least...twice a week? I can't promise anything, but just trust I won't be leaving you guys hanging haha. I'll probably update once...maybe twice tomorrow though. Thanks to those who have showed their liking for my first ever fanfic. I never knew writing could be this exciting. :)