Chapter Twelve: Kikwang, The Sick (and slightly erted) Babo

I'm Yours

For Eunkyung, it was one of those ‘That’s what you get!’ moments.She had warned Kikwang the night before that if she got sick, he would pay the consequences. Now it was the morning after BEAST and Eunkyung’s trip to the beach, and Eunkyung found herself at 9am in BEAST’s apartment to help take care of Kikwang. He was the one who caught cold and slight fever from last night. It was Junhyung who had called her, saying none of them really knew what to do. They didn’t feel like calling the managers in.

“Kikwang, if you don’t drink this medicine, I’m going to shove it down your throat!” Eunkyung warned him, standing at his bedside. BEAST all shared one room, having three bunk beds right next to each other. Kikwang’s was on the ground floor so it wasn’t that hard to take care of him.

“I don’t need it! If you just let me sleep, then I’ll be fine.” Kikwang insisted. Eunkyung glared at him.

“Here I am trying to be a good best friend and take care of you.” She mumbled under her breathe. She left the small measuring cup at his bedside and walked to the door.

“You better go to sleep then.” She snapped, before slamming the door behind her. Kikwang smiled. He remembered a time before just like this. It had been him who had taken care of her. Not wanting to really upset her he reached for the medicine cup at his bedside and drank it in one swig, slightly gagging at the taste. After, he drifted off into sleep.

 

Eunkyung had played video games with the rest of the guys in their living room while Kikwang slept for a few hours. She sat close to Junhyung on the couch, since he told her all the members knew about them. Although still feeling a little uneasy for some reason with Kikwang just in the other room, she entwined her and Junhyung's fingers loosely at their sides, causing a small smile to form on Junhyung's face. It immediately turned into a glare as he caught Yoseob's mimicking face.

After defeating Hyunseung at a rematch of Mario Kart, she stood up from her place next to Junhyung.

“I’m going to check on Kwanggie.”

Walking over to the bedroom door, she opened it slowly. Kikwang was still there, sleeping peacefully. Eunkyung walked closer and saw the empty medicine cup, a smile forming on her lips. Carefully removing the cloth she had put on his forehead, she dunked it into the bucket of hot water next to the bed. Scrunching off its excess water, she leaned over Kikwang and placed it on his forehead again gently. As she moved away, her head hit the top bunk, causing her to yelp in pain, her whole upper body falling against his chest.

Kikwang’s eyes slowly opened, and then widened as he met Eunkyung’s wide ones.

“Eunkyung...”

She continued to stare into his eyes, fully aware that she was still on top of Kikwang’s toned chest. Her hair cascaded at his shoulders, slightly tickling the side of his face. Her hair smelled sweet, like fruit.

Finally gaining her senses, Eunkyung started to move off him, only to be stopped as Kikwang’s strong arm held her down at her waist. She gasped at his sudden gesture.

“Yah! W-what are you doing?!” her cheeks had turned a light tint of pink, and Kikwang had a strong urge to pinch them.

“Why are you blushing so hard?” Kikwang smirked, wanting to play with her. “We’re just best friends, aren’t we?”

“I know, but this is kind of awkward.” She mumbled, unable to look in his eyes now. Kikwang couldn't understand how someone could be so irresistably cute as Eunkyung as he stared at her flustered face.

It wasn’t awkward for Kikwang at all.

“Kikwang, your soup is ready—whooaaa!”

Kikwang and Eunkyung’s eyes averted to the door, where a shocked Dongwoon stood with a tray of hot soup in his hands.

Eunkyung scrambled off Kikwang and straightened herself up, coughing.

“Dongwoon, it’s not what it looks like.” She told him frantically. She pointed her finger at Kikwang. “He’s the ert here!”

“I strangely believe you.” Dongwoon said, an odd smile on his face. He placed the tray in front of Kikwang and smirked.

“Good job Hyung.” The two high fived.

 

“Yah!”