Chapter Eighteen: Maybe You're Not Mine

I'm Yours

"Yah, why did you do that?" Eunkyung watched as Junhyung closed the door after Kikwang walked away.

"Do what?"

"Don't play stupid Junhyung," he heard the anger bathed in her voice. Eunkyung had never sounded this pissed at him. He glanced at her still in the bedsheet, clinging loosely at her curves. All he did was shrug. Eunkyung sighed loudly in frustration. She stalked towards her room to change when Junhyung stopped her, grabbing her arm.

She looked up at him. "Mwoh?" she said with irritation in her voice. She noted Junhyung's strong gaze.

"Do you still like Kikwang?" he suddenly asked abruptly. Eunkyung flinched slightly at the question, not quite knowing what to say.

"Why are you suddenly asking me this?" she countered.

"Just answer me!"

"No, not before you explain to me why you purposely opened the door so Kikwang could see me in this!" she referred to the bedsheet around her, falling off her shoulders slightly. "Why did you do that?" Eunkyung felt the grip on her arm get slightly tighter, but not enough to hurt her.

"Because, you're mine and Kikwang needs to see that now! I'm tired of his eyes looking at you like your a piece of meat or something!" Eunkyung couldn't believe what she was hearing. He was suddenly comparing her...to a piece of meat? What was she now? A possession? She shook Junhyung's grip off of her harshly, glaring at him.

"Yong Junhyung, Kikwang and I might not be on the best terms now because of what happened. But regardless, he's still my best friend! Whether you like it or not, Kikwang is always going to be someone special to me...our friendship is practically hanging on a thread because I wanted you and I to work out. But if you're going to hurt Kikwang--no, my best friend like this," Eunkyung breathed hestitantly.

"then, maybe I'm not  yours." Junhyung could only stare at her blankly. "I don't wanna belong to somebody that hurts people I love." Eunkyung was pained to say those words. Junhyung had become just as meaningful as Kikwang in her life, although she had been confused for a long while. Saying those words she knew would only hurt Junhyung.

Junhyung then chuckled softly. It was a bitter chuckle. He let her arm go and looked to the side.

"Do you even love me Eunkyung?"

Eunkyung's heard turned towards him fast.

"W-what?"

"I've never heard you say it." Junhyung said with a bitter smile, "Now that I think about it."

Of course she loved him! She gave so much for him, her friendship with Kikwang being the biggest sacrifice. She gave him her ity, for crying out loud. She wouldn't give two precious things to her away to just anybody. Didn't Junhyung see that? Did she really have to say it to him just to prove it? Didn't actions speak louder than words? As much as Eunkyung wanted to shout all of that to Junhyung, she somehow refrained.

"You know what, maybe you're not mine." Junhyung said softly. Eunkyung looked at him hopelessly.

"Junhyung...what are you saying?"

"You know exactly what I'm trying to say." he said coldly. "Maybe you do belong with Kikwang, and I was the one that was wrong for thinking I actually meant something to you." He stalked towards the door, in the very same manner Kikwang had done almost a year ago. She swore they were alike in the oddest ways.

"Junhyung, please..." she pleaded. "You know that's not what I meant at all." She heard him scoff quietly as he walked out the door, leaving her standing alone.

"Actually I don't know."

 

He really didn't...and Eunkyung was starting to think she didn't herself.